The Student Room Group

The 'white person does x so all whites should apologise' fallacy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by scrotgrot
Come back when the BNP, God preserve us, have diffused their ideology and culture across a sphere of influence from the Pyrenees to Malaya and you've given it over a thousand years to evolve.

Then you will see the same diversity as today exists in the interpretation and practice of Islam and Islamic cultural heritage, from zealotry to secularism and everything in between.

If you must compare Islam with some other "ideology", the only viable comparison is Christianity and Christendom. Which is also insanely diverse in its beliefs. Are all Europeans/Americans then complicit in Westboro Baptist Church, paedophile priests and Anders Breivik?

Breivik didn't kill according to christian teaching. His was a weird sort of Norwegian/pan-european nationalism. Paedophile priests go against christian teaching (not least because they are gay). Westboro baptist church are homophobic as the Bible dictates so yes, all European Christians who follow an unreformed version of Christianity
Reply 61
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Thats factually incorrect. If that is your most credible line of defence, then i am afraid you are redundant if not devoid of any validity.

No it isn't. http://islamqa.info/en/10382
Reply 62
Original post by The_Internet
This!

Both Islam and Christianity allow slavery. Slavery is now banned in most countries around the world (Including Christian and Muslim countries) I assume you also want Christians to apologise for slavery?

Christians don't tend to claim the bible is perfect for one thing. The Quran is the verbatim word of god and god allows rape and slavery
Reply 63
Original post by Rubysmith
In the past, a Uganda dictator evicted all indian people from his country because he believed that they were the ones causing problems in his country. They were to blame for stealing, raping, killing etc in his country.

Needless to say that after he did that all the problems to his country were still there.

Why? it wasnt the indian people who were stealing, thieves were
it wasnt the indian people who were raping, rapists were
it wasnt the indian people who were killing, murderers were

I feel like if people applied that same simple ideology racism, stereotypicalism, white suprimacy and so on wont exist. It is literally as straight-forward as that.

If you have a lot of crime in an area its not because of the black people there, its because of criminals.

Think you've missed the point. The point wasn't really about race
Because under the identity of 'Muslim' there is an array of (often conflicting) options, ideologies and worldviews. Simply holding an identity (especially one that pertains to the metaphysical) does not necessarily entail a certain set of values.
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
I dont really see why you say that society thinks that it is unnacceptable for a white male or female to decide who they want to spend their lives with. Its personal choice, and as far as i am concerned and from spending time with an abundance of white friends, society does not direct ethincally white people to where and who they should consumate with.

But hey, if you have the facts to support your argument, feel free to share it with us.

You haven't read my post, you've scanned it and decided what you wanted it to say. My post actually says that it would be societally unacceptable for a white male to exhibit their disagreement with mixed relationships. I didn't dispute that personal freedom exists. These are different things If you think about it. One refers to judging others and wanting to restrict their behavior, the other is the opposite. The traditional Asian families try and restrict the behavior of their children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending