Turn on thread page Beta

What do you normally order from the chippy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Either fishbites/scampi and chips

ReputationRep:
    Chips and a chicken & mushroom pie

For those of you who live/have lived in Scotland: have you ever tried a deep fried pizza before?

ReputationRep:
    I get a cod and chips... I know it's really bad for the environment!

ReputationRep:
    My chineses where I used to live did the best chips they were really crispy on the outside and unbelievably fluffy on the inside. With a banana or pineapple fritter in golden syrup. Delicious.

Not together of course but like one after the other.

These days I just have cod and chips.

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust chip shops which do kebabs. The best ones do cod, haddock, occasionally 1-2 other fish, battered sausages, potato scallops, spam fritters, mushy peas (which should NOT be the consistency of sauce - they are not a sauce!), and maybe a pie or two. Also never found a good chippy south of Sheffield, having been to several highly recommended ones in London, Cornwall and Norfolk (unfortunately, highly recommended tends to equal pretentious and crap, whereas the others down there for some inexplicable reason tend to sell chicken or doner meat, which is pretty much always the sign of a terrible chippy, even sometimes one which does 'fries' instead of chips).

I tend to ask what size haddock they've got ready and then order the other out of medium/large so it's fresh (except on busy nights when it's fresh anyway), and get some chips (with salt and vinegar - although I can tolerate ketchup and mayo on chips I don't have them, and if you ever put BBQ or chilli sauce anywhere near fish and chips you should probably just end it all) and peas with that. If I'm eating in I'll get some bread and butter and a mug of tea too.

(Original post by liomeeringca)
    I get a cod and chips... I know it's really bad for the environment!
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    Cheese & Onion pie, chips, peas and curry sauce. Plenty of salt and vinegar. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    How so?
    Overfishing and that. :pirate3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    I eat real food....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    excuse me? oh hell no...lol

anyway curry chips and battered haddock. oh ho-ho :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man.bear.pig)
    excuse me? oh hell no...lol

anyway curry chips and battered haddock. oh ho-ho :perv:
    Chip shop curry shouldn't even be called curry. It isn't spicy it's just...weird crap.

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually because one medium portion of chips has about 1000 calories in it. One portion of battered cod has about 600 calories.
    I'm not eating 1600 calories of fat in one meal. That's all the food i need for a whole day!
    I eat real food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elen11)
    I don't usually because one medium portion of chips has about 1000 calories in it. One portion of battered cod has about 600 calories.
    I'm not eating 1600 calories of fat in one meal. That's all the food i need for a whole day!
    I eat real food
    You bumped a two year old thread for that? Why?

ReputationRep:
    What **** sandwiches

ReputationRep:
    Chip cob with cheese and curry sauce couple sausages

ReputationRep:
    chips?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.