Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    I'd rather elope with Whimsicalsloth
    lol okay, please don't get the wrong idea.. just meant as business partners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    lol okay, please don't get the wrong idea.. just meant as business partners.
    Let's invest it in bobble hats, Sloth will tell you what I mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    What's your problem with books?

I've read 16 so far this year.
    I have read less in my lifetime :P
    Most of those I have read are informative, with only a few novels.
    Find them really hard to go through - takes so much motivation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    I have read less in my lifetime :P
    Most of those I have read are informative, with only a few novels.
    Find them really hard to go through - takes so much motivation!
    I've read over 100 in the last 13 months. I'm aiming for 100 this year, will surpass that at this rate.
    I read mostly fiction, I love it. I find it relaxing.

I'd have the room for all of my books and then some if I had this kind of money. I'd like to say I'd open my own library, but I wouldn't want people damaging my books so it'd be a looking at library

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    I've read over 100 in the last 13 months. I'm aiming for 100 this year, will surpass that at this rate.
    I read mostly fiction, I love it. I find it relaxing.

I'd have the room for all of my books and then some if I had this kind of money. I'd like to say I'd open my own library, but I wouldn't want people damaging my books so it'd be a looking at library
    I find it hard to understand, with them draining my motivation after a few pages usually.
    At school when I was v young I even went to the lengths of playing chess during form instead of reading. Though as it turned out, I didn't like reading back then because I couldn't see the words as I needed glasses! I am quite enjoying a graphic novel which my girlfriend got me though - I find that quite relaxing!

What about open a publishing house for books or something akin, being involved in the process of creating them?

ReputationRep:
    Probably give about half away (I don't want to be one of those people who freak out due to the pressure of having so much money), buy an island and store the rest for when I damn well wanna use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Wow, edgy.
    its what were all thinking...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Let buying a house on a desert island which contains
    - a library
    - a laboratory
    - a gym

Maybe save some money for student fee (if I have not studied up to that point) and pay an assassin who kills my father.

ReputationRep:
    £9,000,000:-

£2m - buy houses to let
    £3m - buy myself a mansion
    £1m - buy a business with a good will
    £1m - go abroad and help those who need it myself (**** charities)
    £2m - savings

ReputationRep:
    3M on business e.g. property. 3M on lifestyle and 2M on whatever. The final 1M is for a rainy day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Find a cure for CF, then apply that cure to the one that means the most to me
    You really think £9M in research is going to stop CF? You're wasting your money.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I would invest it in the lowest-risk way that allowed me to live off the interest, take a job working 2 or 3 days a week and spend my life enjoying things.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jam277)
    You really think £9M in research is going to stop CF? You're wasting your money.
    Meh, it's better than wasting it on nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Meh, it's better than wasting it on nothing
    How about finding a way to get more money so then you actually have enough money to make a substantial difference.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jam277)
    How about finding a way to get more money so then you actually have enough money to make a substantial difference.
    In reality I'd probably just be an idiot and buy a mansion and Bentley Supersports.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tory88)
    I would invest it in the lowest-risk way that allowed me to live off the interest, take a job working 2 or 3 days a week and spend my life enjoying things.
    Do you really intend to work, if you get such a huge sum of money? You can live a life without working, if you are saving in spending money.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Do you really intend to work, if you get such a huge sum of money? You can live a life without working, if you are saving in spending money.
    I'm quite easily bored, so think I would enjoy myself if I had a few days work to contrast my time off with. Also, I imagine I would enjoy work a lot more if I knew I didn't need to be there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tory88)
    I'm quite easily bored, so think I would enjoy myself if I had a few days work to contrast my time off with. Also, I imagine I would enjoy work a lot more if I knew I didn't need to be there.
    As you will! after my calculation you can live a life without working, if you spend sum of moneys up to 10.000 pounds per month. That is a huge scope, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Bribe myself into Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    buy TSR. with the remaining money buy 449975 Euro Millions tickets.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.