The Student Room Group

You're given £9,000,000. What do you do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hellodave5
I have read less in my lifetime :P
Most of those I have read are informative, with only a few novels.
Find them really hard to go through - takes so much motivation!

I've read over 100 in the last 13 months. I'm aiming for 100 this year, will surpass that at this rate.
I read mostly fiction, I love it. I find it relaxing.

I'd have the room for all of my books and then some if I had this kind of money. I'd like to say I'd open my own library, but I wouldn't want people damaging my books so it'd be a looking at library :smile:
Original post by minimarshmallow
I've read over 100 in the last 13 months. I'm aiming for 100 this year, will surpass that at this rate.
I read mostly fiction, I love it. I find it relaxing.

I'd have the room for all of my books and then some if I had this kind of money. I'd like to say I'd open my own library, but I wouldn't want people damaging my books so it'd be a looking at library :smile:

I find it hard to understand, with them draining my motivation after a few pages usually.
At school when I was v young I even went to the lengths of playing chess during form instead of reading. Though as it turned out, I didn't like reading back then because I couldn't see the words as I needed glasses! I am quite enjoying a graphic novel which my girlfriend got me though - I find that quite relaxing!

What about open a publishing house for books or something akin, being involved in the process of creating them?
(edited 9 years ago)
Probably give about half away (I don't want to be one of those people who freak out due to the pressure of having so much money), buy an island and store the rest for when I damn well wanna use it.
Reply 63
Original post by Maid Marian
Wow, edgy.

its what were all thinking...
Let buying a house on a desert island which contains
- a library
- a laboratory
- a gym

Maybe save some money for student fee (if I have not studied up to that point) and pay an assassin who kills my father.
(edited 9 years ago)
£9,000,000:-

£2m - buy houses to let
£3m - buy myself a mansion
£1m - buy a business with a good will
£1m - go abroad and help those who need it myself (**** charities)
£2m - savings
(edited 9 years ago)
3M on business e.g. property. 3M on lifestyle and 2M on whatever. The final 1M is for a rainy day.
Original post by Andy98
Find a cure for CF, then apply that cure to the one that means the most to me

You really think £9M in research is going to stop CF? You're wasting your money.
Reply 68
I would invest it in the lowest-risk way that allowed me to live off the interest, take a job working 2 or 3 days a week and spend my life enjoying things.
Reply 69
Original post by jam277
You really think £9M in research is going to stop CF? You're wasting your money.

Meh, it's better than wasting it on nothing
Original post by Andy98
Meh, it's better than wasting it on nothing

How about finding a way to get more money so then you actually have enough money to make a substantial difference.
Reply 71
Original post by jam277
How about finding a way to get more money so then you actually have enough money to make a substantial difference.

In reality I'd probably just be an idiot and buy a mansion and Bentley Supersports.
Original post by tory88
I would invest it in the lowest-risk way that allowed me to live off the interest, take a job working 2 or 3 days a week and spend my life enjoying things.

Do you really intend to work, if you get such a huge sum of money? You can live a life without working, if you are saving in spending money.
Reply 73
Original post by Kallisto
Do you really intend to work, if you get such a huge sum of money? You can live a life without working, if you are saving in spending money.

I'm quite easily bored, so think I would enjoy myself if I had a few days work to contrast my time off with. Also, I imagine I would enjoy work a lot more if I knew I didn't need to be there.
Original post by tory88
I'm quite easily bored, so think I would enjoy myself if I had a few days work to contrast my time off with. Also, I imagine I would enjoy work a lot more if I knew I didn't need to be there.

As you will! after my calculation you can live a life without working, if you spend sum of moneys up to 10.000 pounds per month. That is a huge scope, isn't it?
(edited 9 years ago)
buy TSR. with the remaining money buy 449975 Euro Millions tickets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Buy 30 stripclubs
Spend it on my university fees, buy a house in Redbridge, buy a car, spend it on holidays, open up a business, spend it on charity.
Reply 78
Original post by Kallisto
As you will! after my calculation you can live a life without working, if you spend sum of moneys up to 10.000 pounds per month. That is a huge scope, isn't it?

I would either want to work, or take on other projects that were like working (learning languages, skills etc.). But to be honest I really enjoy my job, so don't think I would like to give it up, just to be less busy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending