Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What are the films that have left you feeling the most emotionally drained? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hunchback of notredame (Disney).
    up(Disney).

ReputationRep:
    No one has mentioned the sisters keeper. Very sad film.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody seen Philadelphia? Left me upset for a good two days!

ReputationRep:
    Martyrs

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I did the mistake of watching The Time Traveller's Wife followed by My Sister's Keeper. We were crying so much, the people who were watching the movies with us had to leave the room and our eyes hurt like crazy the following day. I felt physically and emotionally drained.

Oh, and Shame with Michael Fassbender. That movie (whilst explicit) made me cry like crazy. Not every story has a happy ending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibola240)
    No one has mentioned the sisters keeper. Very sad film.
    I cried buckets. No joke

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and not to forget the Lovely Bones. I felt more drained reading the book but the film damn near made me depressed

ReputationRep:
    Michael Bay's Transformers (2007). It felt like waking up at 4am after the worst nightmare ever and then wretching up on your bed sheets =/
    God only knows the effects it would have had on those unfortunate sods who saw it at the cinema and hated it as much as myself.

ReputationRep:
    Boy A - The ending with the letter, I just can't handle it :indiff:

The Hunt

Sympathy for MR Vengeance

City of God

ReputationRep:
    One flew over the cuckoos nest

ReputationRep:
    i'd say 'The Best of Me' and 'A Walk to Remember'- this film upset me a lot at the end when Jamie dies...

ReputationRep:
    Marley & Me and Toy Story 3. The only 2 films I have ever shed a tear at.

Forrest Gump came close, except I first watched it when I was around age 8 and didn't entirely understand what was going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Grave of the Fireflies.
    Even thinking about it makes me sad..
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    interstellar

ReputationRep:
    A Boy In Striped Pyjamas, Spider-Man 3 -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When Harry dies. Don't know why I'm doing since the film is 8 years old now.
    I know this one is quite cliche but Fast And Furious 7, when Paul And Vin parted on the highway. Genuinely cried at the cinema having watched every single one of the films like others, growing up watching them.

I'm a very emotional guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiytt)
    Marley & Me and Toy Story 3. The only 2 films I have ever shed a tear at.

Forrest Gump came close, except I first watched it when I was around age 8 and didn't entirely understand what was going on.
    I was the same with Forrest Gump - I first watched it when I was very young and didn't really get it, and then I watched it again as a teenager and was like :cry2:
    I think Jenny is so misunderstood aswell.

ReputationRep:
    bridge to terrabithia; to think it's meant to be a kids movie. It's heartbreaking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Impossible

ReputationRep:
    Das Experiment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotSuperbad)
    Das Experiment
    Love that film!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.