Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

ReputationRep:
    My parents risked their life for a better one and travelled from Vietnam to Hong Kong by boat; my mother was 8 months pregnant with me at the time. I was born in HK, came to the UK in at the age of three, didn't know a word of English. Was bullied by a girl in my class but didn't know the language to tell the teachers (d'awww).

Fast forward a decade or so, was arrested for shop lifting. Father went to jail while I had GCSE's coming up, got depressed and failed all but two GCSE's. Was about to do my 2nd year of some level 3 course at college when my father was put back into jail, depression ensued again and I failed that 2nd year. Went on to work as a waitress, bartender, telephonist, shop food assistant.

Decided I needed a better paying full time job, got a marketing internship and worked for a while in marketing. Moved out of my parent's house at 22, into my own flat (lots of house parties happened, good times).

A couple of years ago I applied to do a part time planetary science degree whilst working and I got in. Did OK in the first year, second year failed miserably. Realised I couldn't work and study at the same time so dropped out.

A year ago I ended things with my partner of 8 years, it was a big and scary thing to do but when I realised that I could live without him, it was fine. Currently in a job with a nice company, good prospects and engaged to my current partner.

Those are the most interesting parts of my life so far. It's been interesting reading other people's stories!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by realunited)
    Good luck mate:yy::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?
    Oh... Mai... Gawd...
    Loooool! Idk what I just read O_o'...
    ... but it was epic Write a book! :3

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    From what i gather from my parents I was born early and was born blue. everyone assumed the worst. But I survived.

Then a few days later my leg was broken when I was still newly born, so I had to be put in a leg contraption. (but I don't really remember and my legs are fine)

Since then the major things in my life were having two major operations.. not on my legs though.

Now I'm at university and it's going okay..

ReputationRep:
    Grew up in South Ken and went to a private school in the borough.
    Went on to then study biomedical science and king's college london.
    During my teenage years,I met my now ex boyfriend at a gathering of family and friends,he was my childhood sweet heart and we managed to last 6 years together. I then went on to date/become a girlfriend to a russian-English banker at the age of 21 but that only lasted 3 months and he moved to Newyork and couldn't handle the separation. I spent my time between london and brooklyn(where my mum grew up) and also visited family regularly in Germany and even went to school in Germany for a year. I have had a very fortunate upbringing but then when my parents passed away last year it all felt different and I've been not okay ever since. Now,I'm just trying to get myself into medical school and hopefully achieve my dreams and one day have a family of my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    Got bullied from age 5. Started having anxiety with first symptoms, im sure of, at age 9 (10 years of Anxiety). Bullying lost the plot during Year 8-Year 9. I had to move from a ****ty boy school to a very academic mix school. From there whilst i didn't notice it at the time, i was seen as the loner but it was the last time i had proper friends.

After i failed my gcses. (left with 3 GCSE's) i went to college to study btec Music, from this was where i started experiencing Depression. Nobody liked me, i was seen as an outcast. Everybody hated me. By first year i didnt pass but was offered to come back 2nd year with fast improvement. In that second year of September-November 2012, i only attended college 4 times. I couldnt stand people looking at me, looking at me like some ******* *******. I just couldn't cope with it.

They kicked me out because of attendance without warning, im paronoid until this day, that someone blackmailed me to leave. Reasons being because of the way the tutor said 'You wanted to leave' which i never implied. After this i went to a centre full of losers. This Continued until June 2013 when i was offered my first paid job as a door to door salesman. I was tricked and it was commission. I realise i had a phobia as a man not liking football as that job everybody loved football. I quit and after went for another job.

I was still suicidal. I was lucky at the age of 18 to do an access course in Music. Sadly this lasted until December 2013. Got kicked out for the same stupid reasons - Attendance and anxiety. 2014 proved to be a horrifc year. I kept getting sacked out of street fundraising jobs and my feud with family was getting worse and worse. My result saw me being forced to go to Nigeria where i developed strong lusts for women and acted harrasment against them. I even fought with people in that country because they pissed me off

Today i think im winning, University is calling after a 4 year battle with two offers in the bag. I'm still an anxious depressed **** with poor attendance but my college dont give a **** about me.
    Wow.....i feel sad reading that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix.forllz)
    Wow.....i feel sad reading that..
    Don't be it's my fault. It's because i have no personality and i should have always listened to my annoying parents. They hated me doing Music as a subject and they forced me to do stupid things which i hated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I always thought most people have pretty interesting stories of their lives.. but are never asked to tell it.

Please share your life story with us! From baby to adult and anything interesting in between. Share your story.
    Here goes;
    Born in SWEDEN, STOCKHOLM 1994 as a premature baby of 7 months. Could of died, but did not.

2 years old,moved from the capital to a small village up north called UMEA.

4 years old, realised that i am the only black male in the city. As such, i became and instant hit with the swedish women.

10 years old, moved to the UNITED KINGDOM. The amount of women i attracted trippled at this stage in my life.

20 years old (Current), Girlfriend and Harvard university candidate. Made a video on the student room about my outrageously good looking face (can be found on my profile)

That sums it up really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    For most of my life I've been struggling with self-confidence issues, desiring social acceptance & being too focused on getting other people to like me. I’m slowly learning to appreciate who I am & what needs improving, yes I’m not the most intelligent, good looking, strongest or popular guy in the world but I am who I am.

I feel that I am often misunderstood & it hurts inside when some people perceive me in a way that I don’t feel is an accurate representation of myself. I’ve always had a fear of failure, rejection, embarrassment & letting people down. I know I’m not perfect, I’ve made mistakes in my life which I want to learn from. I aspire to be the best person I can be. Life is filled with many different challenges & once I start being comfortable in my own skin & believe in myself, then things will really change. I want to start making these days count & live life on my own terms, not let it be dictated by others & most of all be happy!

There :erm:

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    :console:
    Thank you My confidence is steadily growing & I'm sure some of my insecurities will evaporate or I'll learn how to deal with them better. Hopefully I will also meet new people/make more friends soon who truly appreciate me I have begun to put myself out there a bit more, so it's only matter of time right

ReputationRep:
    Was born in 1993 in Royal Free Hospital, Camden.

Lived in Wood Green until I was 4, after which we moved to Crouch End.

Attended St. Peter In Chains School up until year 2 and then its sister school St. Gildas' from year 3 until year 6. Primary school was brilliant, I made some excellent friends, some of which I still speak to and it was generally a laugh.

From 2005 until 2010 I attended St. John's Senior School, a mixed private school in the middle of the countryside. Most of my time there was brilliant, I loved the small classes of around 17 students and was thus able to get to know people better than perhaps those in state schools. The grounds were amazing too, I remember the many break times spent chasing pheasants, exploring the woods and lakes, finding old and interesting artefacts during the whole metal-detecting craze (the school building itself dates from the 16th century), going ghost spotting (my friend and I saw 3), and of course the epic snow fights. Moreover, at the end of every year, the entire school has a water fight (they're known as "World Wars") on the entire grounds in which even teachers take part, so it was a great way to get them back for all the detentions and other punishments! :laugh:. Oh, and the trips abroad to places like Paris and Madrid were also unforgettable :yes:

The fun aside, my time spent there also allowed me to really develop my academic prowess which I became quite well-known for (without wanting to sound big headed ), especially in languages, science and art. I won academic prizes at almost all the annual "Prize Giving" ceremonies, and apparently hold the joint school record with another past student as the most talented french speaker the school has ever had.

The school is also where I lost my virginity to a girl in the woods in year 9. In fact, those woods are very well-known for being a sex spot for students, past and present :lol:. Throughout year 10 and year 11 I maintained sexual relationships with 2 girls on the go, both from my class, but without strings attached, which was quite something for an adolescent guy let me tell you!

The only thing that blighted my time there somewhat was an unpleasant guy in my class who always had it in for me. He was a school famous pathological liar (some include "I'm 10th in line to the throne", "I'm the Earl of March's nephew", "I masturbated with my dad", "My parents are millionaires", without mentioning his more malicious and derogatory ones) and generally very spiteful, vengeful and *****y, which was accentuated by the fact that he was extremely camp and strongly believed to be gay despite his furious denials. Thankfully, most of his attempt pranks against me and others either failed or had very little effect, causing most of the year to hate him by year 9. It was also in that year that he began threatening me if I didn't have sex with him. Being straight, I vehemently refused his advances, but the lengths he went to (even offering me money), were ridiculous. He went quiet for the latter part of year 9, but in year 10 started spreading lies and filth about me to the year, including my brothers in lower years, because I still refused him. Thankfully, as he was a compulsive liar, almost no one believed him and most knew about his attempts to bed me and a few others by the same atrocious methods. This whole palava may seem bad, but compared to the entire 5 years, it wasn't enough to stain my school years. Year 11 finished and I left, as did most people, for some reason it's almost tradition. The sixth form is composed of very few people so if you stay you risk spending 2 years with either people you hate or those you've barely spoken to since year 7.

I then attended St. Michael's Catholic Grammar School in Finchely from 2010-2012. It's actually a girl's school, but the sixth form's mixed, still having a majority girl presence obviously. My year was the 2nd to admit boys into it, but they messed up because the year above mine had around 21, the year below around 30, but mine only had 7. So naturally, us guys were forced to have girls as the vast majority of our friendship group. This wasn't really a problem for me coming from a mixed school, and was actually a bonus . Despite this though, I found the school quite bland and boring, and even though I made good friends and got good A level grades, I don't miss it much, whereas the nostalgia for St. John's is intense because of its outdated traditions, the school location and the legendary teachers and student stories to name but a few.

After sixth form, I secured a place at UCL to study chemistry which has always been my vocation, literally from around age 4/5. I'm now in 3rd year and luckily I've had a great Uni experience so far: made amazing friends, love the subject and especially laboratory work to death and fulfilling my desire to go into research and the world of academia. In fact, I'm actually dreading the end of my degree next year because I'm enjoying it so much. That said, I'm aiming for a PhD, so that'll be another good chapter in my life.

This probably wasn't very interesting, but yeah, that's my condensed life story

ReputationRep:
    I was born in Delhi to a Brazilian doctor and an Indian accountant. When I was a month old my parents divorced. My dad remarried one of his ex students and until I was about 16, I was under the impression she was my mother when she wasn't. I went to school in Delhi for 6 years then moved to the UK. Got bullied throughout primary school because I was morbidly fat (even though I was freakishly good at gymnastics) and I didn't like talking to anyone (preferred books). Lost a lot of weight before year 7.When I got into secondary I became massively insecure about my looks so badly that during year 10, I had bulimia. I remember in just one day I ate like 50 laxatives. On top of that, I began self harming. My left arm and knees are covered in scars because of it. In Year 11, I got diagnosed with panic attacks and depression. My stepmother told me not to tell anyone because apparently it was "embarassing for the family". On top of that, a bunch of guys in my class began bullying me which stressed me out a tonne.Over the next few months, I nearly cut into my veins because of the mental abuse my stepmother gave me and everything else that seemed to be falling apart. Left Year 11 with 14 GCSEs (all As and Bs) and started a levels. At that time, I also broke up with my Chinese engineering science student bf of five months. That sank my self esteem down. My biological mother died of cancer two months after and that sank me into even deeper depression. And basically yeah. I'm an extremely insecure emotional wreck of a 16 year old I guess

ReputationRep:
    Almost everyone here has been bullied :sad: :console:

ReputationRep:
    I was born :moon:
    I ate cookies :cookie:
    I grew big and strong :huff:
    And then I woke up :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    The school is also where I lost my virginity to a girl in the woods in year 9. In fact, those woods are very well-known for being a sex spot for students, past and present :lol:. Throughout year 10 and year 11 I maintained sexual relationships with 2 girls on the go, both from my class, but without strings attached, which was quite something for an adolescent guy let me tell you!
    Year 9? How old would you have been then?

(Original post by O.Ozz)
    Got bullied from age 5. Started having anxiety with first symptoms, im sure of, at age 9 (10 years of Anxiety). Bullying lost the plot during Year 8-Year 9. I had to move from a ****ty boy school to a very academic mix school. From there whilst i didn't notice it at the time, i was seen as the loner but it was the last time i had proper friends.

After i failed my gcses. (left with 3 GCSE's) i went to college to study btec Music, from this was where i started experiencing Depression. Nobody liked me, i was seen as an outcast. Everybody hated me. By first year i didnt pass but was offered to come back 2nd year with fast improvement. In that second year of September-November 2012, i only attended college 4 times. I couldnt stand people looking at me, looking at me like some ******* *******. I just couldn't cope with it.

They kicked me out because of attendance without warning, im paronoid until this day, that someone blackmailed me to leave. Reasons being because of the way the tutor said 'You wanted to leave' which i never implied. After this i went to a centre full of losers. This Continued until June 2013 when i was offered my first paid job as a door to door salesman. I was tricked and it was commission. I realise i had a phobia as a man not liking football as that job everybody loved football. I quit and after went for another job.

I was still suicidal. I was lucky at the age of 18 to do an access course in Music. Sadly this lasted until December 2013. Got kicked out for the same stupid reasons - Attendance and anxiety. 2014 proved to be a horrifc year. I kept getting sacked out of street fundraising jobs and my feud with family was getting worse and worse. My result saw me being forced to go to Nigeria where i developed strong lusts for women and acted harrasment against them. I even fought with people in that country because they pissed me off

Today i think im winning, University is calling after a 4 year battle with two offers in the bag. I'm still an anxious depressed **** with poor attendance but my college dont give a **** about me.
    What rough life you've had hope you get into uni man

ReputationRep:
    Started life a a state school, moved to private when I was about 10. Always loved sport and hockey, but didn't appreciate the work needed for exams. Got average GCSEs 1A* 2As 3Bs and 3Cs. Then managed to get CCDD at AS level. Retook everything and ended up finishing school with chemistry, biology and PE a levels at A*CC. Went to uni to do biomedical science, cam out just missing my 2:1, decided I wanted to peruse career in physiotherapy but my lack of 2:1 means I had to take a year out as no graduate courses would take me, so here I am, working full time as a physio assistant (starting Monday) having just worked for 6 months as a full time healthcare assistant wiping bums and getting paid peanuts and being shattered with no social life. BUT I've had 3 physio interviews for September start, already have 1 confirmed offer and waiting to hear back from my first choice, moral of the life story, whatever you want to do in your life, DO IT. You will look back with regrets otherwise. And if you really want something you will out yourself out in order to get there, like I did working as an HCA. in 3 years I will be living my dream of being a qualified physiotherapist
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I was born in Delhi to a Brazilian doctor and an Indian accountant. When I was a month old my parents divorced. My dad remarried one of his ex students and until I was about 16, I was under the impression she was my mother when she wasn't. I went to school in Delhi for 6 years then moved to the UK. Got bullied throughout primary school because I was morbidly fat and I didn't like talking to anyone (preferred books). When I got into secondary I became massively insecure about my looks so badly that during year 10, I had bulimia. I remember in just one day I ate like 50 laxatives. On top of that, I began self harming. My left arm and knees are covered in scars because of it. In Year 11, I got diagnosed with panic attacks and depression. My stepmother told me not to tell anyone because apparently it was "embarassing for the family". On top of that, a bunch of guys in my class began bullying me which stressed me out a tonne.Over the next few months, I nearly cut into my veins because of the mental abuse my stepmother gave me and everything else that seemed to be falling apart. Left Year 11 with 14 GCSEs (all As and Bs) and started a levels. At that time, I also broke up with my Chinese engineering science student bf of five months. That sank my self esteem down. My biological mother died of cancer two months after and that sank me into even deeper depression. And basically yeah. I'm an extremely insecure emotional wreck of a 16 year old I guess
    :jumphug: to you and O.Ozz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Year 9? How old would you have been then?
    Recently turned 14 I think.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.