The Student Room Group

Typing speed test

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
A full stop to me signifies that two sentences are separate like how you wouldn't leave two lines gap between paragraphs to signify that the paragraph has ended and then another started.That is the problem with language its all standard practice with no real reason for most of it, its not like Science where theories are based on scientific evidence.

I do agree, there are different arguements over correct grammar. Even different 'grammar systems' with minor rule differences, however all seem to work with the idea that a space is needed after commas, full stops. It's weird word doesn't correct that, as it does for any computer I've used. Id double check online for information or just look at websites/books, they all seem to use spaces. Im not one to pull up on grammar, as I know my use of it is terrible in most cases, spelling as well.

Your making me doubt the right way! I'm no grammar Nazi, but its just weird to see you not using spaces, and to hear word doesn't flag it up!

Also yay, in top 10! Competition intesifies...
Original post by crazystudent321
I do agree, there are different arguements over correct grammar. Even different 'grammar systems' with minor rule differences, however all seem to work with the idea that a space is needed after commas, full stops. It's weird word doesn't correct that, as it does for any computer I've used. Id double check online for information or just look at websites/books, they all seem to use spaces. Im not one to pull up on grammar, as I know my use of it is terrible in most cases, spelling as well.

Your making me doubt the right way! I'm no grammar Nazi, but its just weird to see you not using spaces, and to hear word doesn't flag it up!

Also yay, in top 10! Competition intesifies...

To repeat Word does correct that I don't as its not really something I have been taught, surely with the full stop there its obvious that its a different sentence.I don't get why you keep misunderstanding me I think that Word and that typing test shouldn't correct it but the spell checker on TSR doesn't correct it though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
To repeat Word does correct that I don't as its not really something I have been taught, surely with the full stop there its obvious that its a different sentence.I don't get why you keep misunderstanding me I think that Word and that typing test shouldn't correct it but the spell checker on TSR doesn't correct it though.

Ah, I thought Word wasn't picking it up for you, apologies for that misunderstanding. I fully understand your point, and this is a weird one as it only applies to digital/printed word.

If hand written, you wouldn't wallow over a space after a full stop as you couldn't really define one. However digitally/in print, it seems to look better and is more practiced that way. I think also because the full stop can also be a decimal point, the space may be useful in a sentence like "She had 2.4 bannas were in the bowl". Only example I can think of though. No other real use.

I'm not trying to pull you out on it, as I said, I didn't even notice till you mentioned it. Just pointing out most people do seem to put a space after if typinh. You are free to write as you want, it's how we evolve grammar.
Reply 63
Original post by beyknowles
ça ne me fait pas rien mdr

bref, très bien. je pense que je ferais mieux que toi, si j'essaie assez dûr ? :wink:

Et merci pour ça ! ahah

EDIT: aussi the 'Y' key on my laptop is missing so I have to really dig at the little stump which is left (lol at me justifying myself)

Hahaha you say that as if I'm really good..I literally don't get how you can get 180 wpm legit. 3 words per second. My ego feels pretty bruised after seeing the top 10 xD

The excuses are coming out now :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Visit the Typing Test and try!
Reply 66

Edging closer to 140..
Original post by jshep000
Everyone try and have a go at this typing speed test and post your results:biggrin:
http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
Once some people have a go at it, I will make a table of results:tongue:
My results:cool:

1) Dylann - 127 words
2) jshep000 - 123 words
3) Faggstagram - 119 words
4) Rainbow.panda - 115 words
5) PinkMobilePhone - 110 words
6)userna-m3* - 98 words
7) Kangie - 95 words
8) adam9317 - 93 words
9) crazystudent321 - 81 words
10) MrDystopia - 79 words
11) Plasticface - 69 words
12) Tinkerbell_xxx - 68 words
13)Aria enoshima - 57 words
14) Dalek1099 - 47 words
15)
16)
17)
18)

I got 111.

Typing.jpg

Edit: Just got 115.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 70
(edited 9 years ago)

After filing my nails :tongue:
*******s. Here I was thinking I was a fast typer...
Reply 74
64 for me
Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest