The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Adult Nursing University of Northampton September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have emailed the uni asking about the bursary and I asked for start date and how many weeks the course is but probably wont hear back over the weekend, and I wondered about it being October or September but on my ucas under start date it says September
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Kat0995
I have emailed the uni asking about the bursary and I asked for start date and how many weeks the course is but probably wont hear back over the weekend, and I wondered about it being October or September but on my ucas under start date it says September

I think Freshers week is last week of September and we start the course fort week of October but not sure which of those would be considered the start date
Im almost certain its October .. its quite rare for Uni courses to start bang on 1st September?? .. well I hope its Oct anyways as means ill have accrued a teeny bit more holiday to take over the summer holidays for childcare/kids off.

I am so excited though, just want to firm my place, I cant until I have decision of the other uni which would be my insurance choice .. but heart set on Northampton!! x
Reply 63
I got a reply about how long the course is today this is the reply - The course is 45 weeks per year and is split 50/50 between theory sessions at the university and the clinical placements
So I think I will apply for my bursary this week see how it goes.
I've accepted northampton as my firm for adult nursing anyone else staying in halls? X
I have just been offered my place, so excited!!
Reply 66
Original post by darkcl0ud
I have just been offered my place, so excited!!

Congratulations!! :biggrin: so exciting isn't it :smile: what hospital will you be at? X
Original post by rw1516
Congratulations!! :biggrin: so exciting isn't it :smile: what hospital will you be at? X

Kettering, that's the closest one to me so I'm really happy. What about you? x
Reply 68
Original post by darkcl0ud
Kettering, that's the closest one to me so I'm really happy. What about you? x

Kettering too :biggrin: where do you live? I live in Wellingborough so it's quite close. How much work experience do you have x
aw awesome! I'm in Higham Ferrers so not far away! I don't have loads of experience, I do bank shifts at a care home and I've been there for a few months but that's it really. What about you? x
Congrats to everyone who has offers!

I noticed some of you have done an Access course and would love to know how you found it? I have an interview and entry tests tomorrow to study Access to Nursing at Northampton College with the hope of applying for my Nurse training at Northampton Uni next September!

Any advice or feedback on your access courses would be great! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :smile::frown:
Reply 71
Original post by Jessiemayspencer

I noticed some of you have done an Access course and would love to know how you found it? I have an interview and entry tests tomorrow to study Access to Nursing at Northampton College with the hope of applying for my Nurse training at Northampton Uni next September!

Any advice or feedback on your access courses would be great! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :smile::frown:

Hi
Sorry just saw your message. Hope the interview and tests went well.
I'm coming to the end of my access course and have accepted my place at Northampton uni 😃 the best bit of advice I can give you about the access course is go to every lesson and manage your time well, plan what needs doing and by what date, and ask if you don't understand anything. Good luck with the course.
Original post by Jessiemayspencer

Hey how did your interview go?

I am studying access at MK college part time so Tuesday and Thursday evenings .. its been ... interesting :wink:

A little organised and teachers dropping like flies ... but I have managed to produce merit and distinction work so far.

Overall I have loved it regardless! Have met some really cool people and the Harvard referencing will set me up for uni work nicely. I just hope I can get through these next few months as it seems everything is piling on top of each other assignment and exam wise.
Original post by // sandals
Hey how did your interview go?

I am studying access at MK college part time so Tuesday and Thursday evenings .. its been ... interesting :wink:

A little organised and teachers dropping like flies ... but I have managed to produce merit and distinction work so far.

Overall I have loved it regardless! Have met some really cool people and the Harvard referencing will set me up for uni work nicely. I just hope I can get through these next few months as it seems everything is piling on top of each other assignment and exam wise.

Original post by Tam04
Hi
Sorry just saw your message. Hope the interview and tests went well.
I'm coming to the end of my access course and have accepted my place at Northampton uni the best bit of advice I can give you about the access course is go to every lesson and manage your time well, plan what needs doing and by what date, and ask if you don't understand anything. Good luck with the course.

Thank you both for replying! Interview went well and I got offered a place last week! Start in September! :smile:

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!

One question I do have if you can help me is is you submit an assignment and its mark at a Merit can you resubmit and aim for a distinction or once you've submitted that's it?

Northampton run the Access course over three days, 09:00am - 15:00pm. So I'm hoping we get time to do some studying/work during the day.

I'm sure you will be fine.. you've come this far! :smile:
Congratulations :smile:

If you get your work back and it's a level 3 pass, merit or distinction then that grade is final.

If you need to resubmit your work then the highest grade they'll give is level 3 pass (even if that piece of work is resubmitted and worthy of Merit/Distinction)

Xx
Original post by // sandals
Congratulations :smile:

If you get your work back and it's a level 3 pass, merit or distinction then that grade is final.

If you need to resubmit your work then the highest grade they'll give is level 3 pass (even if that piece of work is resubmitted and worthy of Merit/Distinction)

Xx

Thank you! do you have your timetable yet for Northampton Uni? Id love to know what the first term is like! I often hear people say its mainly lectures and then others say they jumped straight into placements!
xx
No no timetable yet but ive heard first term is veru much mon fri 9 - 5 etc.

How is everyone doing?

I finished my access course on thursday so just waiting on exam results and transcript for credits. Cant believe its over!!

Found out that actually they have entered us for 12 credits in maths so think thats enough for northampton .. i did do the maths gcse though as well but have to wait until August for that.

So frustrating because i was in a right panic about getting the needed maths entry grade and was constantly fobbed off and told wete only doing 6 credits!!

Now to sort out bursary student loan dbs and occupational health!
Reply 77
[QUOTE=// sandals;57212311]No no timetable yet but ive heard first term is veru much mon fri 9 - 5 etc.

How is everyone doing?

I finished my access course on thursday so just waiting on exam results and transcript for credits. Cant believe its over!!

Found out that actually they have entered us for 12 credits in maths so think thats enough for northampton .. i did do the maths gcse though as well but have to wait until August for that.

So frustrating because i was in a right panic about getting the needed maths entry grade and was constantly fobbed off and told wete only doing 6 credits!!

Now to sort out bursary student loan dbs and occupational health!

Hi I'm good thanks, how are you?

I finished my access course a couple of weeks ago as well and I don't know what to do with myself now. Feels good though to have completed it. 😃

I've done the DBS check and got it back already it only took a couple of weeks. Have also done the health check and going in for my first blood test at MK hospital this Friday 😁

Are you doing the online study skills course with the uni before we start?
God you've done loads :biggrin:

I have submitted my on-line dbs but need to send some more evidence to uni .. and ive printed off my health questionnaire .. that's it .. must get on with it all!

Not looking forward to occ health check and injections, aghhh.

And yes since i finished my access i just walk about the house ... i have nothing to sit down and do .. nothing! Lol.

Nooo I didnt sign up for that, as when I got the email I was really stuck into college work etc and just put it to the side, have you?
Reply 79
[QUOTE=// sandals;57302849]God you've done loads :biggrin:

I have submitted my on-line dbs but need to send some more evidence to uni .. and ive printed off my health questionnaire .. that's it .. must get on with it all!

Not looking forward to occ health check and injections, aghhh.

And yes since i finished my access i just walk about the house ... i have nothing to sit down and do .. nothing! Lol.

Nooo I didnt sign up for that, as when I got the email I was really stuck into college work etc and just put it to the side, have you?

Yes but only signed up for it last week. It's a six week course and mine starts 10th July but there is also a August and September intake for it.

Quick Reply