The Student Room Group

Have you started revising for May/june exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by binarythoughts
That would be pretty intense!
What's the AAA for?

UCL :smile:
Original post by arcanum96
Or A*A*A*A apparently they intend on making over half of their ChemEng offers A*A*A*A according to what some first year students have heard from their personal tutors.

Right now a third A* does not worry me as much! I believe I can get A*s in Physics and Maths. It's the A* in Chemistry which really worries me. And the A* would be required in both offers.
Not yet, I'm planning to from mid-February - late June. :work:
I can't afford not to revise as I learnt my mistake from AS Levels & more importantly have my future on the line.

How can I afford to procrastinate when I'm so close to the finishing line? :redface: :driver:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Right now a third A* does not worry me as much! I believe I can get A*s in Physics and Maths. It's the A* in Chemistry which really worries me. And the A* would be required in both offers.

I think it will depend on the offer I've seen people here who have 2A* offers and their requirements are typically A* in maths with A*AA in any order for the other 3, but for 3A* people from what I've seen generally an A* in both maths and chemistry is specified and then A*A in any order for other two.
Reply 64
From some people's definitions of 'revision', it seems I am always revising. The real, actual, main, head-down revision begins in March.
I still don't understand Economics . . . :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Edminzodo
I still don't understand Economics . . . :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't really understand economics this time last year, and only really revised for it after easter. It makes sense when you revise all of it, as they often link to each other. I got 96% overall so don't give up!

(You should probably revise during or before easter though, I was very lazy!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm I haven't started revision for most of then yet but i am writing my revision notes. That will help me during past exam papers. I've started english and going to start maths past papers next week. Finding that it's better to split the exam papers into chunks for English though. For now anyway. I'm so bad at time keeping in exams but its improving thank god..

I will be creating a thread about the scientifically proven ways to study effectively and memorise everything you have learnt. Hopefully this should help any procrastinators. Took me a while to find all of the info so I will be passing my knowledge on lol.
I haven't started revising yet. I feel I should- have an offer of A*A*A to meet (doing physics/maths/further maths/chemistry). Should I start revising now? I don't want to burn myself out but I keep getting distracted by these TV shows I've started watching lol ...
Reply 69
I done like a week of revision before my A-levels. Would not recommend.
Original post by bobbricks
I haven't started revising yet. I feel I should- have an offer of A*A*A to meet (doing physics/maths/further maths/chemistry). Should I start revising now? I don't want to burn myself out but I keep getting distracted by these TV shows I've started watching lol ...

Really depends on you and how you study; TV shows are probably the most common procrastination practice :smile:
Original post by kodlak
I done like a week of revision before my A-levels. Would not recommend.

How'd that work out in the results?
Reply 72
How'd that work out in the results?

I got a C in maths, physics and chemistry. Still got into keele uni
Really depends on you and how you study; TV shows are probably the most common procrastination practice :smile:

Last year, I started revising in like February (mostly AS + some A2 maths modules) but that's because I was inspired to do well since I was aiming for Cambridge (so needed to get as high UMS as possible). Since I didn't get in, I've kind of lost that enthusiasm which has lead to procrastination. :redface:
Reply 74
Original post by noshahmad
Not yet.

Will start tomorrow :biggrin: (I say this everyday)

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats wat happens EVERYTIME!
oh man the As level examination procastination is real! :O
best of luck u guys! :biggrin::colone:
hopefully we all do good.
motivations please? :confused:
I started a couple of days before for most of my exams, didn't end well as I got way lower than what I wanted. However I believe it is possible to do well with a couple of months revision, so don't worry if you haven't started. Best of luck guys :h:
Last year, I started revising in like February (mostly AS + some A2 maths modules) but that's because I was inspired to do well since I was aiming for Cambridge (so needed to get as high UMS as possible). Since I didn't get in, I've kind of lost that enthusiasm which has lead to procrastination. :redface:

I can totally relate. I had a similar situation with Oxford but now I really need to meet my A*AA offer that I do have so that's kind of keeping me motivated
I can totally relate. I had a similar situation with Oxford but now I really need to meet my A*AA offer that I do have so that's kind of keeping me motivated

Oh, so have you started revising then? What have you applied for?
You guys are aiming for amazing grades! Is my idea of doing 5 hours a day good enough to get me 6 a*s by May / June
Oh, so have you started revising then? What have you applied for?

Not properly but I'm not totally neglecting work. I just go over the things that I learn.
Law, and you?

Quick Reply

Latest