Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I strangled a girl in a bottled up rage, now I don't know what to do watch

ReputationRep:
    Go on holiday I would. Greek islands or something.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you didn't do a lot of damage to her. Just leave the flat and break contact with everyone who is connected to this girl. I am sure some ignorant white knights wouldn't mind attacking you and doing much more damage than what you inflicted to this girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter rocks)
    Don't worry, you didn't do a lot of damage to her. Just leave the flat and break contact with everyone who is connected to this girl. I am sure some ignorant white knights wouldn't mind attacking you and doing much more damage than what you inflicted to this girl.
    Right, choking someone isn't much damage. Real damage would've been killing her. It's so ignorant to think that choking someone constitutes damage of any kind.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But seriously nobody would be insulting and harsh if it was the girl that 'strangled' the guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    But seriously nobody would be insulting and harsh if it was the girl that 'strangled' the guy
    Erm... I think they actually would be. I mean, who would condone choking someone? :confused:

But what does it matter? The situation at hand is serious, so who cares what people would or wouldn't say if the genders were reversed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Autist? :/
    Someone 'on the autistic spectrum' (like me) :bigsmile:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd just like to point out that I have never choked a woman..

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..standing up :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Someone 'on the autistic spectrum' (like me) :bigsmile:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd just like to point out that I have never choked a woman..

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..standing up :sexface:
    I know what autist means lol, I just wouldn't describe them as aggressive. Not those with high functioning autism anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I know what autist means lol, I just wouldn't describe them as aggressive. Not those with high functioning autism anyway!
    Sure, high functioning types tend to have their **** on lockdown, but autists more broadly are often prone to erratic outbursts of aggression e.g. in situations they cannot quite comprehend/control/deal with. The fact the OP felt he had to put up with this girl coming round to his home, his friendship with his cohab go down the pan because of this girl, and then put up with being publically humiliated by her completely blanking him, all indicate just such a situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farrow000)

She is disgusted how I handled the situation but it seems the message has finally gotten through to her even though I did in a horrible way. I want a chat to clear things but she when keeps saying no makes me more frustrated because my intention was to be nice.
    What's more disturbing than the initial post is that you still seem to think she should talk to you. Seriously, do not try and talk to her again.

Also, what you describe is a fairly typical young person's frustration/jealousy thing, it doesn't sound like anything that bad at all. I can think of way worse things girls have done to guys- ignoring is a very common tactic, and you reacting like that is really worrying.

I hope you get help, because it sounds like you really need it.

Wouldn't they? I know people like laughing when women **** or punch men, and that's wrong and pathetic, but strangling is a step above that. I mean a light punch can not be a big deal, but I can't really think of a light strangling.

In any case, that would mean we should take women strangling men more seriously, not that we should be more chilled about men strangling women.

ReputationRep:
    Hitting a girl isn't the worst thing in the world but I wouldn't recommend it and it is a bit of a social faux pas / taboo to say the least!! You may be able to rectify the situation though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viceroy)
    Right, choking someone isn't much damage. Real damage would've been killing her. It's so ignorant to think that choking someone constitutes damage of any kind.

:rolleyes:
    It would have been MUCH worse if he punched her or broke her bones. If he would do so, he would get a MUCH harsher punishment as if he would trying to strangle her. I am not saying it's bad, it's dangerous but it could be worse, for example as you said, he could of have killed her, or caused her bruises and broken bones.

ReputationRep:
    She isn't taken it any further because it will make things awkward for her socially as we do hang out in the same circles, I have tried to say sorry to her on the phone but she keeps telling me to forget about it, I don't think she wants to take it any further as its not worth it end of the day.

Its made both us look bad her a total ***** and me a abusive drunk , even though she doesn't want to talk about it I can tell that she finally understands what she did wrong and I've also accepted what I did as well.

I am still very upset by it, the people who know about it either call me a monster or she deserved it mainly girls said the second one. people are too focused on the strangling part on here without seeing from my POV, it was one time so I don't need mental help but I'm unsure what to say to her when I see her face to face again.

ReputationRep:
    She isn't taken it any further because it will make things awkward for her socially as we do hang out in the same circles, I have tried to say sorry to her on the phone but she keeps telling me to forget about it, I don't think she wants to take it any further as its not worth it end of the day.

Its made both us look bad her a total ***** and me a abusive drunk , even though she doesn't want to talk about it I can tell that she finally understands what she did wrong and I've also accepted what I did as well.

I am still very upset by it, the people who know about it either call me a monster or she deserved it mainly girls said the second one. people are too focused on the strangling part on here without seeing from my POV, it was one time so I don't need mental help but I'm unsure what to say to her when I see her face to face again.
    You deserve some sense knocked into you if you still think what you did was justifiable.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it would be a different case if he raped her. In that one I would be all for throw him a jail and throw away the key. But he sounds like he deeply regrets it. While alcohol is not an excuse, not everyone is fully in control of their actions when they are drunk.
    Well yeah, but if someone gets urges to strangle people when they're drunk, then that's a potential problem and should be dealt with - and good on OP for calling this up, I guess - anger management therapy, basically. Plus, keep your distance from the girl, because she'll (rightly) be scared to death of OP now.

ReputationRep:

Both bad as each other, I understand why some people might take your side but still you strangled her.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy prison!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.