Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you see your partner? watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually every other weekend because we're long distance. It sucks and no, it's not nearly enough, but in a few months' time we can finally move in together and then I'll see him every day and it will be fabulous!!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen my OH in 7 months as we're in an international LDR. Got another 7 months until he's back 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelz)
    Luckily he can drive unfortunately I can't so it is such a long train journey 3 or 4 hours whereas driving it is about an hour to two hours. But we still take turns seeing each other.
    Neither of us drive which sucks but we try to take turns or halves on train tickets cause of costs! It's good that he can drive :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our lifestyles are soooo incompatible time wise at the moment. He works evenings, I work days. We go out every Sunday night, and are trying to make Tuesday evening "date night" so if we manage to stick to that it'll be great! Sometimes I will go and stay at his for a week, which is good but lonely when he's at work, and sometimes we randomly meet up and go out in the day if I have nothing to do work wise.

It's not enough, but life's life, and we're both just happy we have work to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicekyra)
    Neither of us drive which sucks but we try to take turns or halves on train tickets cause of costs! It's good that he can drive :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Train are just so expensive! Sometimes we meet half way and he gets me from there. I do like travelling to see him though because he waits for me on the platform and I get so excited and then in a cheesy movie way throw my arms around him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Apart from when we broke up for a year when we were younger, no. The most we have probably been apart since we got back together 4 years ago is probably a couple of days.
    Aww okay that's cool

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    We had our 3 year anniversary this week .
    Congrats! I hope you had a great anniversary (^.^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailashes)
    Yes, I live in the south of France studying at a university and my boyfriend lives in our home town. We try to see each other as much as possible but sadly travelling is expensive!
    Wow that must be hard. Do you go back to your home town when you are on holiday?

(Original post by carlaraptor)
    2 - 3 times a week... we generally spend the weekend together, and a night mid-week. He works full time, and I study full time and work part time. We've only been seeing each other for a couple of months, though it feels like we've been together for ages!
    Lol, that isn't surprising you guys spend quite a lot of time together which is a good thing. I find it hard to fit this guy I'm seeing into my schedule and vice versa, hes busier than I am though.

(Original post by esjae)
    See him most days for a couple of hours, but we only have about two days of 'us' time a week give or take
    Sounds great to be honest. Do you live / work near each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicolaUmea)
    Everyday the past year and an half.... now she left for 5 months and we decided to stay together... I truly hope nothing happens during this time!
    I'm sure you will be fine. Just gotta keep doing whatever you've been doing this last year and a half . Before you know it she'll be back.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Last girlfriend I saw every 1-2 days, I'd not bother if I didn't see her at least twice per week. I am not a part time boyfriend.
    LOL what if she has over commitments? Or very career focused?

(Original post by Vixen47)
    He lives in West London, I live in Essex/far into East London. It's not so far that we can't see each other at all, it's just far enough to stop us from seeing each other every day/every other day. :emo:
    Haha I hear you. That's like the distance between me and the guy I'm dating. I feel like he lives so far, when really he's just at the edge of East London. It's still like an hour journey for me since I don't drive, but the good thing is he offers to drop me home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Most of the week.

(Original post by ollierc)
    Every day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Everyday.
    Do you live together? Or Do you work/study at the same place/near each other?

(Original post by Ahava)
    Usually 3-4 times a week. I wish I could be with him every day though My course can be pretty full on and he works 6 days a week, and has odd hours.
    That's pretty good though. Some couples don't manage to see their partner that many times a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    I'm sure you will be fine. Just gotta keep doing whatever you've been doing this last year and a half . Before you know it she'll be back.

LOL what if she has over commitments? Or very career focused?

Haha I hear you. That's like the distance between me and the guy I'm dating. I feel like he lives so far, when really he's just at the edge of East London. It's still like an hour journey for me since I don't drive, but the good thing is he offers to drop me home
    She can be as career focused as she likes but she'll focus on me too or she'll be dumped. I say again, i am not a part time boyfriend and nor do i have any intention of allowing her to dictate the terms of the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    We see each other every other week (from Friday evening to Sunday evening or Monday morning) and I sometimes stay at his for a week at a time during the holidays (he's usually in work so we spend the evenings together then).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great to be honest. Do you live / work near each other?
    We go the same college as each other, doing different subjects, but live about a 10-15 minute drive from each other. So yeah to answer your question

ReputationRep:
    Wow that must be hard. Do you go back to your home town when you are on holiday?
    Yes, I go back to my home town for every holiday, and of course when I finish my year abroad we'll see each other a lot in the summer. In my fourth year I'll be going to a university in the same country as my boyfriend, but a different city. It will be a lot easier just being a train ride away!

Thanks for making this thread, by the way! I'm finding it really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailashes)
    Yes, I go back to my home town for every holiday, and of course when I finish my year abroad we'll see each other a lot in the summer. In my fourth year I'll be going to a university in the same country as my boyfriend, but a different city. It will be a lot easier just being a train ride away!

Thanks for making this thread, by the way! I'm finding it really interesting.
    Aww bet you can't wait to be just a train ride away no worries, I'm finding these responses really interesting myself. I didn't realize how many people were in LDR

ReputationRep:
    Aww bet you can't wait to be just a train ride away no worries, I'm finding these responses really interesting myself. I didn't realize how many people were in LDR
    Does an LDR count if you see each other every weekend?

Train's an hour and a bit away. She's in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Does an LDR count if you see each other every weekend?

Train's an hour and a bit away. She's in Cambridge.
    Lol you can call it whatever you want :P I would consider it as a LDR, how long you been together?

ReputationRep:
    Lol you can call it whatever you want :P I would consider it as a LDR, how long you been together?
    a year and two months

I say this because she's on her way down here now, until friday (when we go back to cambridge together, until I come back to London sunday) and it seems like we see each other more than people who live 10 minutes from each other :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    a year and two months

I say this because she's on her way down here now, until friday (when we go back to cambridge together, until I come back to London sunday) and it seems like we see each other more than people who live 10 minutes from each other :')
    That was my first thought when I read your response. When I was in a LDR we saw each other once a month and he was only an hour away, the train ticket cost about £20.

The guy I'm seeing now lives an hour away by public transport, he's just outside London and we rarely see each other.. There really is no excuse besides our schedules clashing.

Does this mean I should consider this as a LDR? Lol

ReputationRep:
    That was my first thought when I read your response. When I was in a LDR we saw each other once a month and he was only an hour away, the train ticket cost about £20.

The guy I'm seeing now lives an hour away by public transport, he's just outside London and we rarely see each other.. There really is no excuse besides our schedules clashing.
    before she went to uni we were originally saying, we'll try to see each other once every two weeks, so that we can get all our work done and all that...

anyway, after the first weekend, I'm going away on holiday, leaving sunday. She comes down friday to say good bye to me, and then we have the hardest eleven days of our lives. every weekend since then :')

the plan when I go to uni is for us to just yoyo together between cambridge and hopefully, london (SOAS).

ReputationRep:
    You can see as many times as your schedule can allow.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.