Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do young people get so much money? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Well it depends what you value doesn't it. Does it matter if he owns it? He's still having the experience of using the things and having fun. And why do we want to be rich? What's the point of having no fun but having money?

Edit: and also, once the repayments are made, he does own the things!
    For the majority of rich people out there, money correlates positively with happiness up to a certain threshold.
    Only the 1 percentile of rich people say such things like 'Money doesn't buy you happiness'.
    To be a rich and wealthy person, you need to know what it is like to be poor.
    To be a great detective, you must also think like a crook.
    Why are you asking me that 2nd question? Dont you want to be rich? Why do you want to be rich?
    And ofcourse it matters if he owns it, hes creating unnecessary liabilities for himself.
    If he decides he doesnt want the item and stopped making payments half way through his contract, he cant get back that money he paid.
    But if someone owns an item, they could easily sell it for money and get a return value.
    All this just for show, ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenarthra)
    My goal is to become a millionaire before the time i am 25 years old.
    I have 2 accounts, one saving and one for investing.
    In the next 3 years or so, i will be granted a permission that allows me to build houses in a different country.
    This permission could be sold or used as a key to real estate investing.
    In the future, i have many ideas for making money, currently nurturing myself about value and growth investing in stocks.
    But cut a long story short, by 25 years of age i plan to have accumulated 1million pounds net worth.
    You have too much of a plan to become a millionaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    You have too much of a plan to become a millionaire.
    Is that bad?
    I feel it just opens more opportunities for making money.
    Money will chase me, when i use it to work hard for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Where I live I see people driving 40k cars while they're only in their late 20s/early 30s. No they're not used, they're 64 plate cars and they are driven by young people, how do they do that?

Even if you start a job at 26k after graduation and quickly get yourself to 35k, it'll still be hard trying to afford such a car, including mortgages and what have you. Am I missing something? These people can't all be business owners or are they not saving for the future eg. pensions?

I probably sound stupid asking this but it boggles my mind on how young people can afford such things...
    They probably have them on finance.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's sister works for a large confectionery company and gets a company car of this type. She is 22 I think.

I also have a friend from school who is 25 and works in accountancy. He owns a house in the Loughborough area and drives a new BMW.

ReputationRep:
    I'm as puzzled as the OP. Im 35 (no longer a young'n) with a £61k / yr job, and can't afford a luxury car. I do have financial responsibility though, keeping my family, paying for a mortgage etc., but I couldn't justify a luxury car.

They don't own the cars, the cars own them.

ReputationRep:
    They are 30k millionaires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resitsutd)
    I'm as puzzled as the OP. Im 35 (no longer a young'n) with a £61k / yr job, and can't afford a luxury car. I do have financial responsibility though, keeping my family, paying for a mortgage etc., but I couldn't justify a luxury car.
    You could afford one though.

You choose not to.

ReputationRep:
    From mummy and daddy

ReputationRep:
    Rich daddies, dodgy schemes or just borrowing it. the rare few actually managed to get good paying jobs

ReputationRep:
    Mum & Dad First National Bank.

ReputationRep:
    trust funds plus scholarships from their countries governments when they study abroad and a side job

ReputationRep:
    I have my merc
    that's a '14 plate AMG
    so that does put me in the demographic
    I got it with money out of a very decent commission deal
    but most others I know in the same demographic are either in high-end businesses, leasing cars or illegal business and of course parent buy them cars as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.