Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak0586)
    I'm 28, so don't really wanna be in halls and surrounded by loads of 18 year olds, I know from my mates in similair positions they didn't really enjoy it, so would rather be out of the way kinda thing
    I'm 20, but I hear that's fairly normal nowadays. Whatever you feel comfortable doing I suppose, good luck on getting the pictures of the house etc

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks yeah ive heard there arse a lot more mature students these days, still nervous about being the old guy round campus haha

ReputationRep:
    Are* not arse

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks yeah ive heard there arse a lot more mature students these days, still nervous about being the old guy round campus haha

i'll be 21 and going into halls hopefully i don't feel 'old' theres a whole section on mature students and i read some 33 year olds live in halls and love it haha i suppose its all luck of the draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hows_wally)
    i'll be 21 and going into halls hopefully i don't feel 'old' theres a whole section on mature students and i read some 33 year olds live in halls and love it haha i suppose its all luck of the draw
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a young 28 year old and love a party as much as the next person, just not every night haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've just firmed my place at Cumbria for Illustration at Brampton Road, I was just wondering if anybody else is going and what kind of accommodation they are applying for?

ReputationRep:
    The whole accomodation thing really confuses me, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask, hope someone else an help you though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VicksSmicks)
    Hi I've just firmed my place at Cumbria for Illustration at Brampton Road, I was just wondering if anybody else is going and what kind of accommodation they are applying for?
    Hi! I'm not doing illustration but I'm doing graphic design which is in the same building and I think both illustration and graphic design are together but I may be wrong I'm not sure. But anyway I have applied for Brampton road accommodation I have put down for an en suite which I hope to get but I'm so nervous that I won't get one. The form to fill out is a little annoying to get the hang of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LKSmith)
    Hi! I'm not doing illustration but I'm doing graphic design which is in the same building and I think both illustration and graphic design are together but I may be wrong I'm not sure. But anyway I have applied for Brampton road accommodation I have put down for an en suite which I hope to get but I'm so nervous that I won't get one. The form to fill out is a little annoying to get the hang of.
    Where do you get these forms from?

ReputationRep:
    Where do you get these forms from?
    I got them in an email after I firmed Cumbria

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so...Cumbria is my first choice....am thinking of applying for halls....however, i'll be 33 when i start uni...i don't wana live with a bunch of 18yr olds either, but i think i can apply to live with other mature students?...does anyone know if the halls are same sex?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbrehaut)
    ...does anyone know if the halls are same sex?...
    On the form you have to fill in to apply for accommodation it let's you pick whether you want flat mates of the same sex or if you're not bothered.. better wording obviously but you get to pick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Cumbria, what happens now in regards to accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Cumbria, what happens now in regards to accommodation?
    After a few days you should get an email with the form attached to apply for accommodation and you print it off fill it in and send it then when they receive it you will get an email confirming it. They don't tell you any information about the halls yet just if you have a reserved place or not. It won't be until April it says for them to contact you with an offer for accommodation. The email/emailswill explain this stuff though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After a few days you should get an email with the form attached to apply for accommodation and you print it off fill it in and send it then when they receive it you will get an email confirming it. They don't tell you any information about the halls yet just if you have a reserved place or not. It won't be until April it says for them to contact you with an offer for accommodation. The email/emailswill explain this stuff though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah fantastic, very helpful! What are you studying there/which campus?

ReputationRep:
    Ah fantastic, very helpful! What are you studying there/which campus?
    happy to help! I'm studying Graphic Design at Brampton Road campus and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    happy to help! I'm studying Graphic Design at Brampton Road campus and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Physiotherapy at Fueshill Street. Beyond excited to start

ReputationRep:
    Physiotherapy at Fueshill Street. Beyond excited to start
    Me too I'm a mix of excited and nervous haha :3 it's so long until September though :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too I'm a mix of excited and nervous haha :3 it's so long until September though :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not so bad for me cause i'm finishing up my current degree then heading out of the country for 3 months. Which breaks the time up nicely

ReputationRep:
    It's not so bad for me cause i'm finishing up my current degree then heading out of the country for 3 months. Which breaks the time up nicely
    Where are you off to?? I've only ever been on a plane once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.