Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    It depends on the kind of features you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i want to be able to download snapchat,facebook,whatsapp,surf the web and go on youtube and play a game or two without get the stupid insufficient storage message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    I wanna upgrade my ****ty Xperia U which freezes and turns itself off many times but i don't know what to go for. I'm looking for good battery life and an FM radio. So far i've got it between the Galaxy S5 and HTC ONE M8.

I don't think an iphone would be good for me because of **** battery life. Any suggestions?

Also it's gonna be on contract. Is that good or PAYG better?
    I'm team Sony till the end. I wouldn't havr bought the Xperia U though.
    The next phone for me is the Xperia Z1
    compact. Exceeds the battery life of the others in it's series and is not as big but still supporting decent technology i e. Camera, rm, O.S..
    If you want to venture out, I've been looking into LG and Huawei lately. They have some decent phones and they look aesthetically pleasing.
    LG G Flex, LG G2
    Huawei Ascend 7 mate, Huawei Ascend 7, Huawei Game 3, Huawei Honor 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The link isn't working, but I'm guessing from the URL you were looking at the iPhone 5S. Which tariff were you looking at?
    It was £28 a month for unlimited texts and minutes and 1gb data with a £29.99 upfront cost.

Also is this the Motorola you were on about? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-5-I...ywords=moto+4g

ReputationRep:
    It was £28 a month for unlimited texts and minutes and 1gb data with a £29.99 upfront cost.

Also is this the Motorola you were on about? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-5-I...ywords=moto+4g
    Not a bad deal all in all, just bare in mind that the 5S is closing in on 18 months old and Apple have transitioned over to large form factor phones now, so the combination of being last gen and less desirable are probably accounting for the more competitive contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Not a bad deal all in all, just bare in mind that the 5S is closing in on 18 months old and Apple have transitioned over to large form factor phones now, so the combination of being last gen and less desirable are probably accounting for the more competitive contract.
    The Galaxy S5 is priced similarly also. What do you think of that Motorola?

ReputationRep:
    The Galaxy S5 is priced similarly also. What do you think of that Motorola?
    The Galaxy S5 will be last gen by the end of March, and Android handsets lose value on smartphone contracts a lot more quickly than iPhones because of increased competition between brands.

It's a superb budget phone, it's the benchmark all other sub-£200 phones are judged by and almost entirely fall short of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The Galaxy S5 will be last gen by the end of March, and Android handsets lose value on smartphone contracts a lot more quickly than iPhones because of increased competition between brands.

It's a superb budget phone, it's the benchmark all other sub-£200 phones are judged by and almost entirely fall short of.
    I might just buy that instead of bothering with a contract.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.