Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Coping with Oxbridge rejection watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philerus)
    Haha, thats the college I realised I should have applied to once I had already submitted my application? Did she get in, if you don't mind me asking?

And I think that, should you decide to go to the LSE, we will be coursemates for half our modules. I'll probably be attending a few philosophy lectures too.
    Why would you say that? I honestly feel like I dodged a bullet there!

No worries, she got rejected for biology.

Cheers! What do you think about the LSE 100?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powelsmartin)
    Why would you say that? I honestly feel like I dodged a bullet there!

No worries, she got rejected for biology.

Cheers! What do you think about the LSE 100?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel like dodged a bullet with my original college too. As for Merton, I visited during interviews it and was really impressed with the feel of the place, as well as by its history, size and architecture, although when I was choosing I had an irrational aversion against it. This might have had something to do with any person who knows anything about Oxford cringing when they heard the word Merton.

As for LSE 100, if it does indeed deliver on teaching you approaches from all the social sciences, then I am quite excited about it, as, had time and regulations allowed it, I would have aimed to study as many disciplines as possible, purely out of interest. What do you think about the course?

If you'd like, we could exchange contacts through PM so thst we don't annoy people here with LSE chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yes, I applied for fun - to see what they're like and to see what I could learn from them, had no intention of going (I don't even want to study Natural Sciences...)
    That is a fair enough answer. Yes, you would have learnt from the experience and I don't blame you for not wanting to study Nat Sci

ReputationRep:
    You'll get over it.

And 12 months down the line, you'll be one of the top students at a top university, having the time of your life, meeting new people and enjoying yourself both academically and socially. No regrets. Its for the best.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of re-applying this October?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.