Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Kent to do Bio anthropology , so hope I get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just received an offer from Kent today but I was wondering how I apply for accommodation. Do I need to wait till I receive an email from them or do I do it myself on their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by r-t)
    I just received an offer from Kent today but I was wondering how I apply for accommodation. Do I need to wait till I receive an email from them or do I do it myself on their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://kenthospitality.kent.ac.uk/MyAccommodation/

ReputationRep:
    I don't have my application ID from them though. Maybe as I received my offer this evening my application email might come tomorrow. I just have my application reference number when they sent me an email acknowledging my application. Hopefully I'll be emailed with the info about it tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    I don't have my application ID from them though. Maybe as I received my offer this evening my application email might come tomorrow. I just have my application reference number when they sent me an email acknowledging my application. Hopefully I'll be emailed with the info about it tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need it afaik, I applied for accommodation without mine.
    (Not sure how they link it to us as students though...?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixTec)
    You don't need it afaik, I applied for accommodation without mine.
    (Not sure how they link it to us as students though...?)
    Me neither, I haven't firmed them yet though so I might get my application ID if I firm them. I'm going to call them tomorrow. What accommodation did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Me neither, I haven't firmed them yet though so I might get my application ID if I firm them. I'm going to call them tomorrow. What accommodation did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've firmed Kent, no ID so I guess it comes after you get your results if it's a conditional offer (like mine)
    My choices:

1) Turing College, Standard Single
    2) Parkwood, 6 Bedroom House
    3) Tyler Court, Standard
    4) Parkwood, 5 Bedroom House
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I might be crazy but I think I put in the Application Reference they gave me in the very first email they sent me, They didn't give me any other new number when I firmed them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinfarts)
    I might be crazy but I think I put in the Application Reference they gave me in the very first email they sent me, They didn't give me any other new number when I firmed them.
    Yeh I think that's maybe what I have to do aswell but it's not very clear. I'll wait abit tomorrow then if I don't receive anything then I'll just call them and see what they say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixTec)
    I've firmed Kent, no ID so I guess it comes after you get your results if it's a conditional offer (like mine)
    My choices:

1) Turing College, Standard Single
    2) Parkwood, 6 Bedroom House
    3) Tyler Court, Standard
    4) Parkwood, 5 Bedroom House
    Oh okay I've only heard of Turing. My offer is also conditional, I assume most people's offers are. What course Dr you apply for because I think this determines what accommodation you apply for or I could be mistaken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Oh okay I've only heard of Turing. My offer is also conditional, I assume most people's offers are. What course Dr you apply for because I think this determines what accommodation you apply for or I could be mistaken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Computer Science (with a year in Industry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurelEvermore)
    Ah, ok. Which language are you studying?
    I'm not studying any at the moment! I'll probably go for an English speaking one as I only did Spanish gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Got an offer from Kent today and Thinking of firming it for business management. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed for Arch and Anth...guess we'll have shared modules
    What grades do you need?

(Original post by vickkstaa)
    I've firmed Kent to do Bio anthropology , so hope I get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OOAAY)
    Same here
    Oh cool are you planning on going to an open day or applicant day beforehand or have you already been. I applied through extra so I didn't go beforehand but hopefully I'll receive an email about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Oh cool are you planning on going to an open day or applicant day beforehand or have you already been. I applied through extra so I didn't go beforehand but hopefully I'll receive an email about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's an applicant day on Saturday that I'll be going to. I think there are more. You should go for one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OOAAY)
    There's an applicant day on Saturday that I'll be going to. I think there are more. You should go for one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh I found the dates on my portal but I don't think I'll be able to go this Saturday so I'll go on the next one on 25th March probably

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chanch13)
    I've firmed for Arch and Anth...guess we'll have shared modules
    What grades do you need?
    Yeh probably I need Abb , you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloelindsayx)
    My insurance is Greenwich, that shouldn't be a problem I haven't done any languages since gcse and I'm not up to degree standard!
    Good luck! Fingers crossed I get my offer in this month because I have to apply for accommodation Hope to seeing you there in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE)
    Good luck! Fingers crossed I get my offer in this month because I have to apply for accommodation Hope to seeing you there in September!
    Good luck to you, and you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.