Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ugly as ****, inexperienced, no self confidence

Pick one.

ReputationRep:
    That's a tricky one!

I guess I spent the last year in college discovering myself, my musical takes and dress style. Before that I was pretty dry as a person. I will admit that I am 18 and I have never had a girlfriend

I have had girls like me in the past, and still do but not in a relationship way. I am a pretty good looking guy from what I have been told, dress well and I am a funny guy.

So I guess I just have to wait and see, and I hope someone will come along that will want me for more than just sex but a proper relationship.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1) No time to entertain a relationship
    2) Not living in an area full of fellow homosexuals

ReputationRep:
    I've always been an extremely introverted guy, and also has some social anxiety, it terrifies me to death of asking a girl to a date, I can speak to girls, but I simply cannot ask them for a date or a relationship, it triggers my anxiety and also over think everything, in the end I have no courage to do so! (diary of a hopeless romantic that has been single for 18 years)

ReputationRep:
    Fair amount of confidence issues and I just have no idea about if people are into me.

Why chase a bad lead?

ReputationRep:
    I'm saving my money right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Of course it's not you. Do you think the universe is centered around you?!
    Yes. I'm narcissistic enough to assume everyone reads my posts and that I am somehow special and unique in the fact I have never had a girlfriend even though there are lots of people like me on this site.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the main thing is that I had a major problem with shyness in the past & this mainly stemmed from being worried about people negatively judging me on my appearance & awkwardness. As a result I basically didn't put myself out there at all really. My self-confidence with people is steadily improving but it's still going to take a bit more time until I get to a position where I find a girl compatible I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Less stressful. Relationships are quid pro quo and I'm quite selfish. I enjoy my free time a lot, seeing as it's so limited.

I'm not very talkative which comes across as boring to most people. I'm smart and have view points, but engaging in debates with people in the past has taught me people don't know how separate the debate and our relationship.

I've been in a few in the past. But I've become independent and honestly don't mind being single at this point.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yes. I'm narcissistic enough to assume everyone reads my posts and that I am somehow special and unique in the fact I have never had a girlfriend even though there are lots of people like me on this site.
    I can definitely see why you're single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can definitely see why you're single.
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    :cry:
    Don't cry, you should be smiling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im either too friendly or I blatantly say the wrong thing, which makes them sad

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be in a relationship because I'm secretly quite an egocentric, antisocial person. When I'm at work or out socially with friends/family I'm happy to go with the flow but as soon as I'm on my own time, woe betide anyone who interrupt whatever I'm doing. I'm not likely to go somewhere with a girl because she wants to go, or make big romantic gestures because I "need" to, or try to care about her interests if I didn't before ... it's just not me.

I'm not a compromiser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    Don't you like the warmth of a woman or man? A partner that will please and pleasure you the way you desire?
    I'm currently "seeing" this girl...but she's not my girlfriend. I don't have any feelings for her. I'll only get into a proper relationship when I have strong feelings for them.

ReputationRep:
    Just in case anyone is wondering this isn't me
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Mainly because I don't know how to go about getting one. I imagine it would be quite awkward and overall not really worth the effort. I mean yeah it would be nice if I could just port in a girlfriend and actually care about her for 30mins for late-night-cuddles but... It's never that simple. I'm focusing on other things atm.

I still flirt with girls but I never actually take it any further :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I choose to be. You shouldn't just go 'Oh she likes me, let's get on that'. Or you should, I dunno, It's just how I work.

I can then be seeing more than one girl at once and it's totally ok...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    Don't you like the warmth of a woman or man? A partner that will please and pleasure you the way you desire?
    Because I, like most guys, only love women in retrospect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.