Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a jazz-playing cosmic being from the planet Saturn, AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I'm honoured. I have always wanted to meet someone like yourself who would listen to me and not dismiss my wisdom as the rants of a madman. It is the ignorant who are mad; they build around themselves a wall, and from in those walls no light can penetrate. They fumble around in the darkness looking for truth, but truth is light and their prison permits none.
    If that isn't true madness, then what is?
    Sing with me, and together we shall step through the doors of the cosmos. What lies beyond, I do not know.
    You speak the truth. It’s like Plato’s theory of the cave: all the people know are the shadows. All that we believe to tangible is perhaps just an obscured facet of true reality. We reject the authenticity of all that does not fall into our contained world-view and, instead, allow ourselves to be seduced by worldly pleasures such as TSR as COD. I cannot stand it any longer. Je suis Herman. I sing with you, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammeyouareyou)
    You speak the truth. It’s like Plato’s theory of the cave: all the people know are the shadows. All that we believe to tangible is perhaps just an obscured facet of true reality. We reject the authenticity of all that does not fall into our contained world-view and, instead, allow ourselves to be seduced by worldly pleasures such as TSR as COD. I cannot stand it any longer. Je suis Herman. I sing with you, my friend.
    Indeed; the world of the senses is but an illusion, an illusion that overpowers the weak-minded. But those with a pure heart like you and I- the truth is within our grasp.
    I'll admit the journey won't be easy, for darkness is a chaotic vision of ceaseless flux to those whose souls have been baptised in light eternal.
    Once we step outside, there's no going back. Are you ready to join me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelie-Poulain)
    Do you have a favourite colour?
    Were you born? Or have you always existed?
    White, of course. The sum of all colours, perfect in its harmony

That I can't answer. Even beings of the highest existence - the Saturnians who are my guides - do not know their own origins.
    We can know much, but never the first true beginnings. These beginnings have no fathers, neither brothers nor sisters... they are of themselves and themselves only.
    Everything is begotten of its opposite; life from death and death from life. We can say we are born and that is when we begin, but the dreamless sleep that precedes us is still of our essence. It is a great paradox of reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Indeed; the world of the senses is but an illusion, an illusion that overpowers the weak-minded. But those with a pure heart like you and I- the truth is within our grasp.
    I'll admit the journey won't be easy, for darkness is a chaotic vision of ceaseless flux to those whose souls have been baptised in light eternal.
    Once we step outside, there's no going back. Are you ready to join me?
    I am ready.

ReputationRep:
    I am ready.
    Close your eyes and feel the jazz...

ReputationRep:
    have we had the ubiquitous Uranus joke yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Close your eyes and feel the jazz...

That was definitely an other-worldly experience.

ReputationRep:
    That was definitely an other-worldly experience.
    If no one has realised by now, I might as well say that this thread was just a channeling of the jazz legend that is Sun Ra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    XX
    Do you like Jupiterians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Do you understand the meaning of life?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.