The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 BUSINESS STUDIES (Business and Econ)

Scroll to see replies

The exam paper is June 2011 with exactly the same questions. Thankfully we did that as a mock paper with my teacher so I could remember some of the points from revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leemurphy1
Good Luck everyone, dont forget resources on my GetRevising account or private message me! Please be kind Edexcel!!

Could you send me some resources please buddy??
Does anyone have an idea of how much level 4 + marks are worth from unit 3? If you don't understand what I mean I mean the conclusion at the end of (9,10,12,15) marker questions.. So like the summary at the end? (Overall, depends on etc) as I missed 2 of the conclusions out:/
It may stop you from getting full marks but it won't cost you many marks. Most of your marks are allocated for analysis and evaluation 😀. Although you normally put most of your evaluation in the conclusion anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else see critical path coming up? Those glulam beams seem like a hint
Ah I hope so ey! Hopefully unit 4 goes ALOT better than unit 3.. I have awful timing.. Also to those who said you could drop 20 marks last year and still get an A*? Was that per paper or overall the 2 combined?
Original post by 2012best4all
Ah I hope so ey! Hopefully unit 4 goes ALOT better than unit 3.. I have awful timing.. Also to those who said you could drop 20 marks last year and still get an A*? Was that per paper or overall the 2 combined?

You could drop 17 marks in Unit 3 alone last year and get an A Star on that paper.
[QUOTE=A level sufferer;56945613]You could drop 17 marks in Unit 3 alone last year and get an A Star on that paper.

Really! So if I was aiming for a B how many marks could I have dropped in unit 3 buddy? As a rough estimate? Thanks!
Really! So if I was aiming for a B how many marks could I have dropped in unit 3 buddy? As a rough estimate? Thanks!

Last year was 29 but this years paper wasnt that difficult so id go for around 25
Original post by A level sufferer
Last year was 29 but this years paper wasnt that difficult so id go for around 25

Lets pray for pretty low boundaries then ey.. also how is everyone revising for unit 4 then? would be interesting to share tips on how you all prefer to revise etc..
I got funny feeling that unit 4 is going to be something in relation to mergers and takeovers and probably some corporate culture.
Centre Parcs have been recently taken over by a Canadian firm. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11645175/Center-Parcs-sold-to-Canadian-property-giant.html
Probably about their mission statement and their ethical stance.
I hope critical path analysis does not come up I hate with a passion.
Original post by tunde100
I got funny feeling that unit 4 is going to be something in relation to mergers and takeovers and probably some corporate culture.
Centre Parcs have been recently taken over by a Canadian firm. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11645175/Center-Parcs-sold-to-Canadian-property-giant.html
Probably about their mission statement and their ethical stance.
I hope critical path analysis does not come up I hate with a passion.

I doubt the take over and merger would come up as the paper is normally written 2 years before, however i wouldnt mind if it did
[QUOTE=A level sufferer;56998655]I doubt the take over and merger would come up as the paper is normally written 2 years before, however i wouldnt mind if it did

Is that how the papers work then? 2 years before? Also I wouldn't mind mergers and takeovers either.. Still got lots of revision to do on everything like
I doubt the take over and merger would come up as the paper is normally written 2 years before, however I wouldn't mind if it did
Ahh I thought at least a before where there likely talks of the takeover. Well I hope Its not some random curve ball question.
Ahh I thought at least a before where there likely talks of the takeover. Well I hope Its not some random curve ball question.

They might phrase it like but the application would be difficult since we dont have anything specifically in the case study about it. I imagine if it were to come up it would be apart of the additional evidence but i could be wrong
They might phrase it like but the application would be difficult since we dont have anything specifically in the case study about it. I imagine if it were to come up it would be apart of the additional evidence but i could be wrong

What would you say the main thing we have to talk about would be?
What would you say the main thing we have to talk about would be?

For me personally ( a fellow student so i could be off the mark by a long way) the discerning topic is CSR/Ethics vs profit.

well I think going to struggle on 20/30 marks questions I have no idea what to do. I'm going to study mark schemes and examiners reports to see if they help.
well I think going to struggle on 20/30 marks questions I have no idea what to do. I'm going to study mark schemes and examiners reports to see if they help.

Im basically in the same boat as you however i dont think we're that screwed as the formula is the same as a 15 marker in Int Business, its just that you do more of it
Im basically in the same boat as you however i dont think we're that screwed as the formula is the same as a 15 marker in Int Business, its just that you do more of it
Guess so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending