Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i only got 12 birthday messages on facebook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Sorry. You cried wolf once too often. Now everyone is just waiting for you to say how this was all just another test.
    Oh, this is the serial flouncer, isn't it? In that case,

damoni
    This message is hidden because damoni is on your ignore list.
    Ah, that feels better.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    What's tbe problem? The most i ever got was 2 and I'm a happy person

ReputationRep:
    People only normally write happy birthday in fb, when you're not great friends with them.

People who are closer or whatever sent personal messages I find.

Either way, I know people who have many many friends and like only a few people saying hb on fb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damoni)
    my cousin got over 60 birthday messages on facebook.

I think that says it all.

I wish I was popular.
    And how many of your Facebook "friends" are you genuinely friends with?

ReputationRep:
    Get over it, it's just facebook. HAPPY BIRTHDAY THOUGH

ReputationRep:
    and you're informing those on tsr because...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    I used to be facebook sensitive like this when I was 14-15. Now I don't give a F anymore, I've removed my birthday anyway and never post anything. My last status was 6 months ago. All I use it for is news/pages I follow and messages.
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lwin)
    If it's any consolation, I've got 29 facebook friends. My limit is 30 unless everyone of those people i have talked to in the last year and actually care about. Then the limit is 40. More then 40 is unnecessary and unreasonable. I believe i got around 9 birthday messages this year. Still don't care. What makes you cool is actually having friends, not sitting and crying because you didn't achieve a certain number of weakly-felt messages on your birthday. Get over it.
    Good post, I totally agree, realistically 30 to 40 people includes family, true friends and sports/social acquaintances. Who realistically needs more?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.