Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I said that I wouldn't share any pieces of homework but I got assigned a 1500 word essay about climate change in chemistry today which I was 100% not expecting. I'm going to start imminently

ReputationRep:
    End of week 7

This week I completed 1 G481 paper and got 42/60, only just a B. I expect to do better and I don't really mind doing that poorly considering the conditions it was completed in, and the time frame. This post will look stupid assuming I don't do better when I complete a G481 later today, as well as an F321 and FP1 paper.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished the Jan 2012 FP1 and I can see why the grade boundaries were sky high. I finished with 6 minutes to spare. I scored 68/75 which was a B and I am not very pleased at all.
    Lost 2 marks for not pressing tan-1. Lost 1 mark for missing out a digit on the newton raphson process when putting it on my paper. Lost 1 mark for not correctly using the formula for the area of a triangle (lol). I lost 2 marks for writing "is true" rather than "assumed true" for proof by mathematical induction. I lost 1 mark because I just got the working out wrong, I'm watching a youtube video for the correct solution now. Lessons learned today.
    I'm actually mad now. At both my own mistakes and how little wiggle room that paper had, more the former though. Written using Lucifer's notepad smfh

ReputationRep:
    In other news I'm not going to sit 2 papers today and 3 tomorrow, or even 5 papers tomorrow because I do not have the time or motivation to do that even for kicks. I'll do F321 and G481 tomorrow as well as make a revision timetable and exam paper spreadsheet as inspired by a few of my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Fancy Joining this thread,

Studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and General Studies (unfortunately compulsory at my school) and am hoping to study Mechanical Engineering at Cambridge (key word in that sentence being "hoping") as that would be a dream come true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jontypickles)
    Fancy Joining this thread,

Studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and General Studies (unfortunately compulsory at my school) and am hoping to study Mechanical Engineering at Cambridge (key word in that sentence being "hoping") as that would be a dream come true!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How're you finding your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad, I've done a lot of work for them so should reasonably comfortably get an A in all of them. Thing is, sounds arrogant but I'm really not trying to be, I'm never going to be satisfied until I get 100% so... Better keep working Got mocks this week so should have a fairly good idea where I'm at after than and what needs to be improved

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jontypickles)
    Not too bad, I've done a lot of work for them so should reasonably comfortably get an A in all of them. Thing is, sounds arrogant but I'm really not trying to be, I'm never going to be satisfied until I get 100% so... Better keep working Got mocks this week so should have a fairly good idea where I'm at after than and what needs to be improved

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it's not arrogant at all, good luck in your mocks!

ReputationRep:
    I have a tonne of homework to do for tomorrow (3/4 subjects) so I think I won't make a timetable and spreadsheet until tomorrow. The papers will be completed, chemistry first to ensure it's done and then physics if I have the drive and concentration to get a good enough mark to justify sitting it.

*UPDATE 19:32 15/03/15

I'm not doing any papers today because I didn't print any off during the midweek! So I'm going to do the homework, look at C2 trig and then move on to all of the other tasks.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers bud!

ReputationRep:
    I've completed the Jan 2012 D1 paper and scored 68/75, a scraped A. So for 2012 I literally just scrape an A. I got completely messed up by the last question on activity networks as I made one mistake which screwed up everything else and took 4 marks. Other than that it was ite.

ReputationRep:
    I did another F321 paper (Jan 2009) and scored 45/60, another B. The volume of F321 papers I'm completing seems excessive but it was in preparation for my mock retake, which I did today. I think I didn't get less than 40, or more than 50 but my chemistry knowledge has been getting weaker lately so I need to read over the content, I'll be happy if I didn't lose any marks through not hitting the mark scheme for questions I understood.

ReputationRep:
    Revision week 1

I have completed my past paper spreadsheet!! I'm more happy about that than I care to admit and it did swallow up Monday evening, but at least it's done. So that you can unfurl your eyebrows, 2 of my more academic friends did it and imitation is a form of flattery innih.

During this weekI am going to try and get the ball rolling for stats, D2, C2, G482 and F322 revision.

This means that I will try and complete my notes (which I am again behind in) for the two science exams. I will do this in addition to trying to work through every single past paper question in my folder. After I have finished the past paper questions in my folder I will begin completing parts of past papers., I predict that this will have happened by some point next week.

For C2 and D2 I am going to attempt the more difficult textbook questions, as well as exam questions on the topics I have covered.
    For S1 I am going to be more thorough with my revision because I have really not been putting in enough effort over the last 3 months, that isn't to say that I've not tried, I just haven't tried hard enough (relative to how hard I work even when I'm not peeing myself about exams) and I want to be getting at least 90% on this paper (like every other maths paper really ). Starting today and finishing next Wednesday I am going to read through every page of the book, as well as answer the entirety of each "mixed exercise", before attempting exam papers in about 2 weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    Got the results back from my Chemistry mock retake and I only got a C which is okay I guess. I was half expecting it because my actual chemistry knowledge is blunt again, I want to see where the marks went ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    I stumbled through the June 2009 F322 paper and am going to have my first run through the Jun 2009 G482. I am no where near up to date with my notes but so far the 100 mark exams are looking promising so I guess I can be a little less stressy about the F321 exam . Plus unlike the last exams I have actually been preparing as I should have been rather than being totally arrogant as I was in the early days of year 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asurat)
    I stumbled through the June 2009 F322 paper and am going to have my first run through the Jun 2009 G482. I am no where near up to date with my notes but so far the 100 mark exams are looking promising so I guess I can be a little less stressy about the F321 exam . Plus unlike the last exams I have actually been preparing as I should have been rather than being totally arrogant as I was in the early days of year 12.

How come you dont concentrate much on Chemistry/Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shhh123)
    How come you dont concentrate much on Chemistry/Physics
    My notes for Chemistry and Physics for both exams are incomplete, so it's easier sitting through a maths paper and doing well than sitting and reading content so that's what I've been doing lately. This also translates to me completing exam papers for the 100 mark exams because I don't feel I get much benefit out of completing them under exam conditions if I don't even remember 1/3 of the content
    This week I'm going to try and finish everything as well as sitting through papers, so hopefully I'll be able to focus my energies to all subjects equally after Sunday.

Thanks for picking that up though, I have been neglecting physics and chem a lil so I'll try and be more structured.

ReputationRep:
    End of week 8/revision week 1

This week I had a first pass through a F322 and G482 paper so I could get a feel for what the questions are. I also comprehensively revised 4/9 chapters of stats so I'm nearly where I should have been throughout my studies for this module. I've also decided how I'm going to structure my revision. Each Sunday/Monday I am going to write a list of the things which I must complete for that given week for revision, until eventually the list is comprised of just papers.

ReputationRep:
    Revision week 2

[] Summary of 5-8 of S1
    [] F322 notes complete
    [] G482 notes complete
    [X] Jan 2009 C1 paper complete
    [x] Jan 2009 FP1 paper complete
    [] Jan 2009 D1 paper complete
    [] Jan 2009 G481 paper complete
    [] Jan 2009 F321 paper complete

ReputationRep:
    Monday (- means left incomplete)[-] Module 1 of F322 notes complete
    [x] Jan 2009 FP1 paper complete. 67/75 A. I lost marks on a proof by induction question of the same form as the previous ones that stopped be cracking 70/75 so I think I'm going to start focusing my studies on that in revision week 2.
    [x] Module 1 of G482 notes complete
    [-] Stats chapter 4 mixed exercise and chapter 5 notes complete (cutting out mixed exercise because of time)
    [-] Chapter 1 D2 notes complete
    Tired now goodnight

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.