AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by JayEm)
Did you have any unforeseen problems?
Yes.

1. Scan messed up meaning that I did not recieve my computer until 3pm today and not on Tuesday when it was suppose to.

2. My neighbour broke one of my leads (the one that links into both the hard drive, floppy, cd-rom) and so I had to folk out £10 at pc world for a new one.

3. My neighbour thinking that a girl can't build a pc and butting me out of the picture so that a boyfriend-girlfriend activity turned into a male-bonding session. My neighbour knows less about computers than me!

JayEm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You paid £10 for an IDE cable? :eek:

Please don't go to PC World again.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
... EVER :mad:
chrisjt
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Normally I wouldn't but when my girlfriend is having a tantrum at 7:30 pm because she can't use her PC where do I go. She wouldn't wait overnight so the choice was the 9.99 one at PC world or the 14.99 one at PC World

I think I choose the better one.
JayEm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Should have took it out of your one then :p: and save the best part of a tenner by buying it the following day from a proper computer shop.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by chrisjt)
Normally I wouldn't but when my girlfriend is having a tantrum at 7:30 pm because she can't use her PC where do I go. She wouldn't wait overnight so the choice was the 9.99 one at PC world or the 14.99 one at PC World

I think I choose the better one.
It wasn't a tantrum.
j66
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
my processor is a Intel E6300 Dual Cor
awesome. good luck with it

(Original post by HenvY)
fourthly, don't buy an asus mobo. ever. whoever suggested that is WRONG.
and this statement would be based on.... one bad experience?

the only issue ive ever had with asus boards (and bar my first custom setup - i was on the cheap n went for msi - all mine have been asus) is the need for a bios update or some minor incompatibility issues with older graphics cards (that asus tech support has been really helpful with). thats it. theyre very stable, very well put together pieces of kit.

infact, most manufacturers that have been known for crappy mobos in the past have triumphed more recently (gigabyte [ds3], foxconn [c51], abit [ab9] etc) so :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.32%
No - but I will (21)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (186)
48.82%

Watched Threads