Report 4 years ago
I get up because its not possible to sleep forever.😕
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
After Rent,Bills and Food - I have about £250 a month leftover. Even if I had £500 at the end of the month, I dont think I would be any happier because their isnt anything in particular i want to buy
That's a good thing. You don't have to buy things to be happy. And if you do, then you probably have some problems.

I wake up every day looking forward to being with my family. And with my friends.

Besides, what's the alternative? To not get up every day? Doesn't sound like much fun.
Amir al-Mumineen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some days i go to sleep wishing i dont wake up :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
I was single for 20 years and I'm 21 it isn't all that bad, not going to write any cliches here but honestly being single is what you make of it and even now I won't let my boyfriend define all my happiness.
meh being single didnt bother me either, at School and College, I was happy to spend Lunch by myself on the computer whilst my friends played football, I used to be an Island but something has now changed mentally I keep wanting companionship
Blind Ferret
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yea pretty empty sometimes I feel physically sick

pointless no ?
The point of life is very simple yet many people miss it entirely. It's just to be alive. Why play video games? why complete something 100%? It can mean nothing in less than a few months. Why do artists invest so much time in a painting when it will do nothing but sit there? It's easy to find lack of meaning. The whole point is enjoying ****. I know it's all a bit pie in the sky but it's true.

If anything the "pointlessness" the randomness and the chaos of it all IS the fun bit.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by e aí rapaz)
That's a good thing. You don't have to buy things to be happy. And if you do, then you probably have some problems.

I wake up every day looking forward to being with my family. And with my friends.

Besides, what's the alternative? To not get up every day? Doesn't sound like much fun.
But at the same time I dont get pleasure from buying things, my entire life I thought once I was an adult and have my own money I would be happy but im not.

Im not particularly keen on my over religious family and struggling to make friends.

(Original post by Blind Ferret)
The point of life is very simple yet many people miss it entirely. It's just to be alive. Why play video games? why complete something 100%? It can mean nothing in less than a few months. Why do artists invest so much time in a painting when it will do nothing but sit there? It's easy to find lack of meaning. The whole point is enjoying ****. I know it's all a bit pie in the sky but it's true.

If anything the "pointlessness" the randomness and the chaos of it all IS the fun bit.
I just feel so empty, like i have nothing im working towards no goal no ambition no target
nigerianTank
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I guess im thankful I have a roof and food in my fridge but still feel so empty.

Everyone else seems so happy, i think something just wrong with me. I was talking to this girl at work, and not quite sure what I said maybe it came out wrong but she gave me this really scared look and since then has been avoiding me like crazy. I tried talking to her again and she reported me to HR and now ive been banned from talking to her...
I totally understand you bro, trust me. These are the points where life hits you and you either have two options; let it beat you or plough threw it. Obviously its going to be hard but at the end, youll be amazed how much better youd feel
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CherryWine)
I book things in advance e.g. gigs, going away, festivals, etc so that I always have something to look forward to. No matter how **** life is I can always think "23 more days until.." and then get on with the daily mundane stuff. I have to do this otherwise I ask myself the same question you just asked when I wake up every morning and answer "there is no point, I'm a slave to money and then I'll die". Nowadays I smile
This sounds good

...The photos are still in my possession
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SassKing13)
This sounds good

...The photos are still in my possession
You mean the extremely beautiful and flattering photos? Scan them, print them and give everyone you see some to put next to their beds. Nobody will ever wake up wondering what the point of life is again when they see me chilling in the jacuzzi with the strippers every morning. This will be everyone's new life goal lol.
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CherryWine)
You mean the extremely beautiful and flattering photos? Scan them, print them and give everyone you see some to put next to their beds. Nobody will ever wake up wondering what the point of life is again when they see me chilling in the jacuzzi with the strippers every morning. This will be everyone's new life goal lol.
^ That post was great Tried to rep you but I couldn't -_-

PRSOM
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is the point of life ? all seems kinda pointless
What do you have to look forward to ?
Maths and physics.
SophisticatedSir
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Life has no purpose, you yourself have to give it purpose.

When lots of people can't find there purpose they usually end up depressed, I would know because its how I feel on a day to day basis.
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SassKing13)
^ That post was great Tried to rep you but I couldn't -_-

PRSOM
Haha thanks, I just want to do my best for the people
navarre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because I love what I do.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 years ago
Sex haha

only kidding. I enjoy life
Tom78
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Little things can pick you up all the time, whether that be kicking it with your mates, eating some good food, go for a warm bath, playing sport, listening to new music. Then every now and then you'll get a big kick, from getting that girl, getting an A grade, promotion whatever.
I think you just need to have a positive outlook on things day to day and give yourself things to look forward to in the future, like I'm hoping to go to Glastonbury this year if manaman can get a ticket in the mofoing resale.
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Often, there is no reason for me to get up apart from to not feel guilty about being in bed all day. It's not like I do much when I am awake anyway.
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pizza.
MissDetermined
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a goal that I want to reach. Which is college, then studying at uni to get the job I want and then move abroad. In the mean time while this is happening in stages, I am trying to enjoy myself as much as possible with family and friends. I get days where I have zero motivation and get fed up, but I bounce back. There's a lot of things I want to do while I'm still around!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (18)
7.09%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.24%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.54%
It might lead to more bullying (91)
35.83%
There's nothing they could do (77)
30.31%

Watched Threads