What's your team of the season for 2014-15? Watch

Depleted
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leinad2012)
Same can be said of anyone putting Costa in too surely?
- Winner against Liverpool
- Goal against Arsenal that sealed 3 points
- Opening goal against Spurs in league
- Basically scored to seal Capital One Cup
leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Depleted)
- Winner against Liverpool
- Goal against Arsenal that sealed 3 points
- Opening goal against Spurs in league
- Basically scored to seal Capital One Cup
-Winner against City
-Goal against Liverpool
-Goal against United
-Basically sealed the Community Shield

point?
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same can be said of anyone putting Costa in too surely?
Costa's first season in a foreign league, had the record for most goals in his first 10 Premier League/Chelsea games has a very good chance to goal conversion rate. Like Fabregas, Costa's dip in form has been exaggerated and come at a time where our form has a team has dropped, where only Hazard has remained consistently brilliant.

*Drops Mic*

Nice try. Thought you'd blocked me #loveitreally
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
-Winner against City
-Goal against Liverpool
-Goal against United

point?
Pls delete
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Shed End)
Costa's first season in a foreign league, had the record for most goals in his first 10 Premier League/Chelsea games has a very good chance to goal conversion rate. Like Fabregas, Costa's dip in form has been exaggerated and come at a time where our form has a team has dropped, where only Hazard has remained consistently brilliant.

*Drops Mic*

Nice try. Thought you'd blocked me #loveitreally
Sorry, forgot this was "team of the first 10 games of the season" thread. If anything that shows a dramatic falling off of form when it really matters.

Arsenal's team hasn't exactly been outstanding for most of this season tbh.

My aim isn't to slate either, but to say that both Giroud and Costa are in the list of top 5 strikers in the league this season, but they're pretty much identical in all stats this season
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pls delete
It's just as valid as saying Costa scored in the LC final....

Also, why would i block you, that would mean you've won? You're entertaining on the Arsenal thread tbh, a bit Voyeuristic tbh. Although nice that you feel the need to put annotations like *drops mic* to try to make your point seem like it makes sense
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry, forgot this was "team of the first 10 games of the season" thread. If anything that shows a dramatic falling off of form when it really matters.

Arsenal's team hasn't exactly been outstanding for most of this season tbh.

My aim isn't to slate either, but to say that both Giroud and Costa are in the list of top 5 strikers in the league this season, but they're pretty much identical in all stats this season
So should I take Sanchez out seeing as he's done hardly anything since December/January?
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So should I take Sanchez out seeing as he's done hardly anything since December/January?
No, because there hasn't been a better winger over the course of the season, where as there have clearly been better strikers than Costa...
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's just as valid as saying Costa scored in the LC final....

Also, why would i block you, that would mean you've won? You're entertaining on the Arsenal thread tbh, a bit Voyeuristic tbh. Although nice that you feel the need to put annotations like *drops mic* to try to make your point seem like it makes sense
League Cup may be a bit of a mickey mouse competition to the big teams, but everyone on here will acknowledge it's position as a legitimate competition, unlike the Community Shield.

Hardly voyeuristic, Chelsea thread is boring af and I feel like I always have intelligent and well-balanced debates on the Arsenal thread, in fact that's something that thread has always been well regarded for, besides you was one looking through my account the other day - doesn't get more voyeuristic than that.
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
-Winner against City
-Goal against Liverpool
-Goal against United

point?
-You won 2-0, he scored the second
-Fair enough
- Lol. Guy scored in 96th min at 2-0 down
- Scored 3rd goal in a 3-0 win against a heavily weakened City sude
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, because there hasn't been a better winger over the course of the season, where as there have clearly been better strikers than Costa...
Bar Kane who has there been taking everything into consideration? Wrt to winning matches you'd put him on par with Aguero who was fantastic until he got injured in November, since then even when he's returned he hasn't been great at all. Austin and Pelle have both had their on and off spells, and whilst Giroud's been impressive since his injury he's only been doing it for a few weeks - months - which is exactly the same basis you're disregarding Costa.
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Think it's already been said but Costa, Fabregas and Hazard had won the league by December. Giroud cannot, simply cannot, compare to Diego. He's literally 4-5 levels above.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only one better striker in reality and that's Kane.
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
*Hazard by an absolute mile
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
*Hazard by an absolute mile
Could count Sterling too really. Sanchez was in beast mode pre-Xmas though. Jam and Bacon were right.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
De Gea
Koscielny - Terry - Fonte
Silva - Cazorla - Coquelin - Erikson
Sanchez - Kane - Hazard
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh cool so only 2 players from the team effectively 10 points clear in the league but 4 from the 3rd place team, including one that's recently been recalled from Charlton.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh cool so only 2 players from the team effectively 10 points clear in the league but 4 from the 3rd place team, including one that's recently been recalled from Charlton.
'What's your team of the season', key word 'your'. If you are talking about me, then I was considering sticking Ivan, Matic, Fabregas and Costa in, so it's not just my bias.
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
'What's your team of the season', key word 'your'. If you are talking about me, then I was considering sticking Ivan, Matic, Fabregas and Costa in, so it's not just my bias.
So you really believe Coquelin should be in the team ahead of Matic or Schneiderlin? Without any bias?
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you really believe Coquelin should be in the team ahead of Matic or Schneiderlin? Without any bias?
Yes, I personally believe Coquelin has saved Arsenal's CL ambitions, and has been our stand-out player since he returned from his loan. It appears to be your bias that means you view him as an awful 'Charlton' player, even though most people agree he has been phenomenal. I wouldn't have Matic in my team of the season because he has been uncharacteristically average in the past few games, and he is an aggressive (dare I say dirty) player, part of the reason I selected Aguero ahead of Costa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise