The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AkhayKishor
Applied through student room got a place Now 😊

congratz bro! see you in september :smile:
I also received a spot at Palacky University. Any advice for a new student? Tips/tricks to make things easier, or any possible study materials which are essential?
Hi guys, how did you get the offer? I'm still waiting on it, and I really don't know what to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Got the offer today for Medicine. See you guys there :smile:
Reply 64
Where is everyone from? I'm from Croydon/London.
Reply 65
Heading to Palacky for dentistry. Can anyone clear up the process of sorting out who you live with in the dorms? How are we allocated roommates?
Finally heard back and got my offer for medicine. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by happytanuki
Finally heard back and got my offer for medicine. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys Congrats
I am also trying to get into Palacky Univ for Medicine. I would really appreciate if you could share with me the past papers/sample papers/other resouces that you guys used in order to prepare. Thanks very much for your help.
Reply 68
Original post by nomita
Hey guys Congrats
I am also trying to get into Palacky Univ for Medicine. I would really appreciate if you could share with me the past papers/sample papers/other resouces that you guys used in order to prepare. Thanks very much for your help.

Honestly there isn't much. But I recommend looking at other universities like the various faculties from Charles University and their websites as they too have entrance enamel of a similar kind. Otherwise look at the multiple choice questions for each topic from alevels. That gives you a realistic idea o the difficulty you're working with as the sample questions they give you are much easier than the actual tests.

If you have a choice, do physics rather than math as generally people do better with physics as around 30% is common sense and 50% is stuff that's well below GCSE level. I took a week to prepare for he exam not having done physics alevel and passed.
Reply 69
Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a labcoat?
Reply 70
Original post by Krish.M
Honestly there isn't much. But I recommend looking at other universities like the various faculties from Charles University and their websites as they too have entrance enamel of a similar kind. Otherwise look at the multiple choice questions for each topic from alevels. That gives you a realistic idea o the difficulty you're working with as the sample questions they give you are much easier than the actual tests.

If you have a choice, do physics rather than math as generally people do better with physics as around 30% is common sense and 50% is stuff that's well below GCSE level. I took a week to prepare for he exam not having done physics alevel and passed.

Thanks very much
[QUOTE="ruthlessv;54551567"]ask 40 of the 70 students that got thrown out last year,

i am currently studying there yes.[/QUOTE

How should you study then to pass? Very much or just normal amounts ? Is the clinical sessions hard? Are the teachers really willing to help if you need it ?thanks in advance
Original post by fizzax
Heyhey Aniess :smile:
Entrance exam:
so you'll be given 3 papers, maths or physics, biology and chemistry. In each you'll have to get 50/60% (lol I was doing this last year, I can't even remember lol) to pass. Maths, it is out of 5, I picked maths and from my point of view I found that paper hard, had some complicated maths like finding x in equations, angles, sequences etc- I did A2 maths, but that paper those questions were sooo weird lol! Just try your hardest!!. biology and chemistry are AS and A2 knowledge, so read through your books, you'll be fine on those :biggrin:. Your agency should give you sample papers and topics you learn before coming to the exam, if not then ring your agency for them :smile:. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine !

I'm also from the UK, honestly before coming I was very much a mothers girl, my mum used to do everything for me lool it was hard to leave my family but when you get into that student environment you'll be more focused on your studies, I'm not trying to scare you but 1st year is really hard at Palacky compared to any UK medical unis, I had to do around 7-8 finals but if you're focused, organised and really want to do this then yeah dw it'll be all fine :smile:, I'm going into my 2nd year!!
I try to make space to Skype my parents everyday to let them know I'm still alive 😂
First few months will be difficult to settle in, you will get lost when you go to different places (that's how we all learn) but after it'll be like an everyday routine. I've gained very much independence, trust, confidence and organisation from all this!

Like everyone here at Palacky are really nice, even the teachers, we're all willing to help :smile: I've made really great friends here, we do everything together, we motivate each other A LOT (there's times you'll give up because it's soo tough but having friends that will help you up, it's great)
My parents roughly pay £500 a month, break down:
-accommodation roughly £100 - in 1st year you'll be sharing a room with another person (of course same gender lool). Rooms are new, big, have plenty of space to put all your stuff. You'll be sharing a kitchen and toilet (x2) with other people in the same dorm as you. -My phone bill
-shopping for food etc

Palacky is found in Olomouc, it's a small town, 30/45mins car ride from Brno airport. It's mostly a student base town, you'll see a greater ratio of Czech and international students compared to older generation lol. Yeaah czech language is needed, I think we do czech language for 3 years. In my 1st year timetable czech for medics is 2x a week. We have a written and oral exam in the summer exams, be ready for that lol.
If you have any other questions, don't worry just message me, I'll try to answer all your questions honestly :smile:

Hi
Are you still at Palacky?
I’m thinking to study dentistry in 2019
Would really appreciate any help
Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending