13 civilians - including women and children- slaughtered in Saudi -Arabia strikes Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheCynicalChild
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PopaPork)
I'm patronising you because you refuse to answer a straight question and FYI my sexuality is NOT a lifestyle choice

do you accept my homosexuality

Do you reject sharia the ideology that says I should be killed for who I am

Both are Yes or No questions.

Your unwillingness to answer these is quite telling but expected
No, I've given you answers time and time again. Did you not infer from me saying that I accept you as a person and that you don't deserve to be killed or have anything bad said to you that I obviously accept your homosexuality?

I reject sayings that say people should be killed based on their sexuality but that doesn't mean I reject every single law of Sharia, like you have said before.

If anything is telling, it's your unrelenting need to force me to give an opinion that matches YOUR blunt boxes of yes or no when in truth, my opinion isn't like that. If anything, I'm being way more open minded than you are and a lot more considerate towards other people than you. If we turn this around, do you hate me because I'm a Muslim?

This whole thing started off with me offering you compassion and you just spun it around to portray me as being some sort of attacker and started attacking me for it-which is low and frankly I'm appalled. This whole site is full of people attacking other people for their views, beliefs and preferences so I thought it would be nice if I could do the opposite for someone and it's completely backfired. You brush off everything I've said in support of you just so you can attack me due to some motive I don't know about.

(Original post by young_guns)
The use of the loaded word "lifestyle choice" would suggest otherwise
Regarding the choice of wording, I'm sorry if it offended as I chose it casually and didn't really think it through. It was never my intention to offend and I most certainly did not mean anything by it.
TheCynicalChild
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you think the sin of Lut is? And what is it's punishment?
Lut was the prophet. If you mean the people, then sodomy is the commonly categorised sin (unsure of that however, as I will later explain). The punishment was an earthquake that killed the entire city population except for his family (not wife).

Since you probably want me to give my opinions about this, I'll do so. Tbh, I don't know about the whole homosexual stuff. The story goes that the people of Sodom wanted to forcibly rape the guests (angels) so of course that's a crime and rape is accepted as a punishable crime. I'm not sure if it extends to all homosexuality however, and there has been academic debate about this. I personally am not against homosexuality but I'm unsure if that's exactly what the earthquake punishment of Sodom was for.
young_guns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheCynicalChild)
Lut was the prophet. If you mean the people, then sodomy is the commonly categorised sin (unsure of that however, as I will later explain). The punishment was an earthquake that killed the entire city population except for his family (not wife).

Since you probably want me to give my opinions about this, I'll do so. Tbh, I don't know about the whole homosexual stuff. The story goes that the people of Sodom wanted to forcibly rape the guests (angels) so of course that's a crime and rape is accepted as a punishable crime. I'm not sure if it extends to all homosexuality however, and there has been academic debate about this. I personally am not against homosexuality but I'm unsure if that's exactly what the earthquake punishment of Sodom was for.
Fair play, you have responded with grace to my question. I understand there are people on both sides of the debate, some people who say the crime of the Lot-ites* was one of inhospitality and violation, and others who say that the crime itself was one of impermissible male-male sexuality.

(luti in Arabic iirc? Which is also used as a euphemism for homosexuality at some points in its history. It has the same connotation as if in medieval Germany you were to call someone a Florenzer or Florentine. Florence was associated with male homosexuality in medieval Europe)
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Regarding the choice of wording, I'm sorry if it offended as I chose it casually and didn't really think it through. It was never my intention to offend and I most certainly did not mean anything by it.
No worries, it's really decent of you to say that. :hat2:
PopaPork
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm muslim but I have nothing against gay people and have gay friends. Do you still hate me and what to taint all Muslims with the same brush?
Do you reject sharia?
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you reject sharia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want to live under a sharia state and don't like sharia,so I would guess so.
HassanD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I can I can see if you reject sharia (you know the thing that teaches muslims I have to be killed)

so YES or NO
Err, no. I accept Sharia and if you were to live under a country where Sharia law was in place, being a non-Muslim as you are, you would be able to practice it in private. It only becomes an issue if you do it in public, preach about it to try and convince other to let you practice it in public.

If a Muslim was homosexual and was known to be homosexual, no one can do anything to them unless he practices homosexuality and which then has to be proved by people with clear evidence for them to be killed.

Being a Muslim and living in a non-Muslim country I don't have the right to do anything against you nor am I required to and so I don't care if people are gay or not... just as long as it doesn't affect me.
TheCynicalChild
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair play, you have responded with grace to my question. I understand there are people on both sides of the debate, some people who say the crime of the Lot-ites* was one of inhospitality and violation, and others who say that the crime itself was one of impermissible male-male sexuality.

(luti in Arabic iirc? Which is also used as a euphemism for homosexuality at some points in its history. It has the same connotation as if in medieval Germany you were to call someone a Florenzer or Florentine. Florence was associated with male homosexuality in medieval Europe)
Yeah, I understand I may get some stick for my opinion from the hardcore Muslim side but it's just the way I interpreted the story.

No worries, it's really decent of you to say that. :hat2:
Why thank you, that's really nice of you to say
User1824259
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm muslim but I have nothing against gay people and have gay friends. Do you still hate me and what to taint all Muslims with the same brush?

This thread seemed to had gone off-topic.
username1533709
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by crosstalk)
This thread seemed to had gone off-topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No just trying to change his perceptions.
User1824259
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you get flack from both sides: tainted by the same brush by unbelievers and dismissed as a heretic by orthodox Muslims?
username1533709
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you get flack from both sides: tainted by the same brush by unbelievers and dismissed as a heretic by orthodox Muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much.Been called delusional by double atheists and kaffir by hippocritical muslims.
Liberal/progressive muslims really have the worst of both worlds.
binarythoughts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I can answer that for him. Yes.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HassanD)
If a Muslim was homosexual and was known to be homosexual, no one can do anything to them unless he practices homosexuality and which then has to be proved by people with clear evidence for them to be killed.=
Do you listen to yourself? How on earth can you have such blatantly immoral beliefs?
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I understand I may get some stick for my opinion from the hardcore Muslim side but it's just the way I interpreted the story.

Why thank you, that's really nice of you to say
No problem. I hope you can understand why gay people find it deeply offensive. For example, HassanD as commented just above you

If a Muslim was homosexual and was known to be homosexual, no one can do anything to them unless he practices homosexuality and which then has to be proved by people with clear evidence for them to be killed.

And this isn't a hypothetical because this is actually happening in some places in the Muslim world. For someone to say, "I personally think you are deserving of death merely for your sexuality... not even like adultery or paedophilia, but consensual sex between two adult men...", perhaps you can understand why that provokes deep disgust and horror at such outlandishly hateful and immoral views.

If someone is openly calling for you and all like you to die, it is going to provoke a response.
HassanD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No problem. I hope you can understand why gay people find it deeply offensive. For example, HassanD as commented just above you

And this isn't a hypothetical because this is actually happening in some places in the Muslim world. For someone to say, "I personally think you are deserving of death merely for your sexuality... not even like adultery or paedophilia, but consensual sex between two adult men...", perhaps you can understand why that provokes deep disgust and horror at such outlandishly hateful and immoral views.

If someone is openly calling for you and all like you to die, it is going to provoke a response.
That's just how it is. There is no such thing as a hardcore sharia law, it's just Sharia law and no versions to it and I stated just that, no point in lying?

"If someone is openly calling for you and all like you to die, it is going to provoke a response." - Was that directed to me? And if so please tell me where I was calling for the death of all homosexuals? That would mean I would be calling for the killing of my own friend.

"Being a Muslim and living in a non-Muslim country I don't have the right to do anything against you nor am I required to and so I don't care if people are gay or not... just as long as it doesn't affect me." - Which I did clearly say in my previous post.
PopaPork
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd be better trying to change hassanD's he's the one I think should be killed. But do explain again how it's my perception that troubles you and not the other mulim who thinks killing is an acceptable punishment for being gay.
TheCynicalChild
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'd be better trying to change hassanD's he's the one I think should be killed. But do explain again how it's my perception that troubles you and not the other mulim who thinks killing is an acceptable punishment for being gay.
Why are you so convinced everyone wants to kill you. Calm down.
username1533709
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do think the other muslim perceptions.is disturbing including Hassan's and I always avoid those people.I'm just wondering if you would still.hate.me.
PopaPork
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why are you so convinced everyone wants to kill you. Calm down.
Did you even read the post I was talking about he was clear the punishment for being gay was to be killed
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.48%
No (290)
75.52%

Watched Threads