David Cameron and Ed Miliband Live Q&A Watch

cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GraceTheSheep)
I'm not sure, but the woman presenter definitely does. "Your poor Mum" was a particularly low blow.
When Paxman retired from Newsnight, he admitted he was a lifelong Tory party member.

to say nothing of this entire interview being hosted by one of the tory party's biggest donors (Murdoch).

It was an ambush from the beginning. The question is, are the british public smart enough to see through it?
Al-farhan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sevchenko)
Miliband dispelling a few misconceptions about himself towards the end. Pure passion and honesty from the man.
I think through the tough and personal questions and how he handled it Ed came out better in this event than Cameron.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Miliband held himself pretty well against personal questions while Cameron looked pretty pathetic against questions on policy.

I think the Tory strategists will be worried but massively relieved that they got away with tonight's 'definitely-not-a-debate'.
young_guns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Miliband nailed it. Of course, those of us whose judgment was based on his previous performances rather than simply what the right-wing papers tell us to think weren't surprised.

As a Sky commentator said, "The Prime Minister seemed rattled".
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Ed Miliband came across pretty well from that - I certainly like him better than before I watched it. Paxman on the other hand showed himself to be a complete and utter ****. You can't ask a question and then attack someone for starting to reply to the first of the three points you made, and the personal line of questioning about his brother was an absolute disgrace. I want questions about future labour policies and views on the current government. Labour and the Conservatives are such historical parties that voting for either one of them comes with significant baggage, but that's just a reality of politics - it doesn't' mean you dwell on the previous Labour government.
cole-slaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Al-farhan)
Does Paxman have tory leanings?
yes - it was revealed he was a lifelong tory voter.
miser
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
That was pretty good. Ed got a bit surprising near the end. He was quite impressive at moments. Hats off to them for agreeing to participate in such a gruelling thing. Paxman too, he's unparalleled in giving people a hard time.
ThatPerson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does Paxman have tory leanings?
Yes. After he retired from Question Time he admitted it. The Conservatives even approached him to become a MP, but he declined.
cole-slaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If anyone here actually wants to see what Milliband's policies are, watch this interview with him where he is actually asked sensible questions rather than just being trolled by that **** paxman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sk-me-anything
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Paxman was as unpleasant as always...:rolleyes:
ThatPerson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
That was pretty good. Ed got a bit surprising near the end. He was quite impressive at moments. Hats off to them for agreeing to participate in such a gruelling thing. Paxman too, he's unparalleled in giving people a hard time.
I don't usually watch Question Time or Paxman interviews. Do you know if the personal line of questioning was normal for Paxman? I'm all for giving politicians a hard time on policy, but the questions about his brother were in particularly poor taste.
cole-slaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)

paxman is a national embarrassment. what is the point of asking nonsensical questions in an increasingly hysterical manner?

what is the meaning of life, mr milliband, yes or no? YES OR NO. YES OR NO MR MILLIBAND.
miser
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatPerson)
I don't usually watch Question Time or Paxman interviews. Do you know if the personal line of questioning was normal for Paxman? I'm all for giving politicians a hard time on policy, but the questions about his brother were in particularly poor taste.
I don't think Paxman was particularly out of character. He grills everyone, no holds barred. I agree getting so personal is in poor taste, but that is what you sign up for when you agree to be interviewed by Paxman.
miser
Rep:
?
(Original post by cole-slaw)
paxman is a national embarrassment. what is the point of asking nonsensical questions in an increasingly hysterical manner?

what is the meaning of life, mr milliband, yes or no? YES OR NO. YES OR NO MR MILLIBAND.
People feel fed up with politicians and their constant equivocations. I think Paxman's appeal is his dogged insistence in getting a straight answer.
sevchenko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think through the tough and personal questions and how he handled it Ed came out better in this event than Cameron.
I'm disappointed there was obviously alot more relevant political discussion with Cameron and what his Government has done so far and what they intend to achieve.

Even though there should have been greater focus on Labour policies Pax made the big mistake of giving an opportunity for Ed to rouse the fire in his belly with these personal attacks. In the end it worked to Ed's benefit, I think he left a sizable impression on me wrt his character.
cole-slaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
People feel fed up with politicians and their constant equivocations. I think Paxman's appeal is his dogged insistence in getting a straight answer.

But he repeatedly insists on trying to get a simple answer to a question to which there is no simple answer. Its politics for aggressive braindead morons.
scrunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For those who have already decided that they won't vote for Labour because of Ed Miliband being a bit goofy, unable to take him seriously, and not competent enough. I hope you've been proved wrong because Ed held himself and answered the questions a lot better than sneaky snake David.
We need a PM who is able to tell it how it is instead of waffling along and using big words so that us 'dumb people' have no idea whether what he's saying is good or bad. It's ridiculous.

VOTE LABOUR.
Biryani007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nigel Farage on ITV
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My opinion on Ed Miliband has improved in my estimates.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)

brilliant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads