How much are you going to be revising during the Easter holiday? Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheGreatImposter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Master Sam)
Can you define exam technique, I mean what do people mean when they say ' you have to work on exam technique' does that mean learn the mark schemes ?
Something along those lines. Do as many past papers you can, multiple times even until you understand what the examiners want, look through examiner reports etc.
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I need help concentrating for long periods of time tbh.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6 hours a day seems about right for me. I have 4 exams coming, so it's not too bad. Last year I was on 11 exams, so I had to revise for about 8-9 hours.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't revise in Easter holidays. It is not for nothing that its called holidays.
WaywardWriter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6 hours a day seems reasonable

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'm aiming for 6 hours a day
TheFlowersInMay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Around 3hrs a day, or until I have everything on my list done.
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jasonpt)
Ive started making up chemistry questions and it seems to be helpful.
That's great, well done

Scientific subjects like Chemistry are the best to make up questions for, because you can practically work next to the mark scheme and improve your answer in minutes.

Can you define exam technique, I mean what do people mean when they say ' you have to work on exam technique' does that mean learn the mark schemes ?
Working on your timing, finding out how much you'd need to write for a certain number of marks etc.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
10 hours a day, 12 hours a day... it seems that some member have not a private life, don't to mention leisure time.
Master Sam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
You don't have to learn off by heart but you should get a rough idea as to what sort of points must be made for that sort of questions. They ask same question every few years with different wording and they often have same points that must be made.
What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A2; Maths, Economics and Physics, I think I should focus on exam technique for Physics but thanks for your tips. If you can share any specific tips for my subject exams I'd appreciate. What subjects do you do?
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
I need help concentrating for long periods of time tbh.
Supe glue your bum to the chair
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
5 hours a day of solid work. Going to go over the content for the first week , past papers for the second week with some consolidation of the previous content learned. Oh and some rest
Butterfly92xo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hardly... I have a reflective account to complete for April, and I have some research for a case study also in April I hate presentations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
O-M-Y
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yo what's up *****es? Anyways I can't seem to priorities for instance don't know what to revise cause I got tons to do help!
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A2; Maths, Economics and Physics, I think I should focus on exam technique for Physics but thanks for your tips. If you can share any specific tips for my subject exams I'd appreciate. What subjects do you do?
Oopsies you are actually older XD
I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics
I might be getting U myself next year who knows...I'm getting high A in my AS atm though and that is from knowing the mark schemes, especially in chemistry and physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Master Sam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
Oopsies you are actually older XD
I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics
I might be getting U myself next year who knows...I'm getting high A in my AS atm though and that is from knowing the mark schemes, especially in chemistry and physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahahaha that's pretty cool! I did Chemistry last year and dropped it this year, I achieved AABB during AS however I didn't focus on knowing the mark schemes I focused on understanding the concepts inside out which meant lots of notes and it was very time consuming! but this year I want to i learn to implement both methods. What do you mean when you say 'knowing the mark schemes' ?
supernerdural
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I should be doing 4 hours a day, but I'm going to build it up. I'll start tomorrow with an hour, then build it up so by the second week of the holidays I'm doing 4 hours a day. I keep putting off starting because I have no clue how to revise for my subjects.
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone know how to not waste the holidays, and actually revise efficiently?
~xSarahx~
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I focus on a different subject everyday - in the morning I start off with revising from my notes, making flash cards, going over the syllabus, etc.
Around evening time I start one or two past papers to see whether I actually learned something that morning xD
I can't study during the day (noon time - afternoon) - the only time that works for me is morning and night! >.<
Magnus Taylor
Report 4 years ago
Three hours a day, cautious about burning out too soon
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed