Guys: which are you more likely to stay with? Watch

poohat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Cringe at most of that but particularly submissive, barf. Like come on... Let's bring all of this into the modern day please.

'Sassy'? Lol...
(woman who thinks she has a "lovely personality" but gets passed over for more feminine and attractive girls spotted)
-Rainbow Drops-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poohat)
The basic problem is that a lot of girls who think they have "lovely personalities" are basing it on what they personally consider good personalties to be (sassy, independent, strong-minded, cynical, clever), rather than basing it on what personality traits most guys actually want in girls (kind, loving, submissive, feminine)

A good example is this person:

who clearly thinks she has a lovely personality even though her subsequent posts suggest she is bitter, sassy and annoying. No guy wants that in a partner.
Tbh I wouldn't date you either :lol: you sound like a little bitxh who likes to think he knows it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(woman who thinks she has a "lovely personality" but gets passed over for more feminine and attractive girls spotted)
Read up one that's your reply
Anonymous #1
Excuse me? Don't recall saying anything about having any type of personality... Quote me? Didn't happen.

Very comfortable with the level of attention I get, and the fact I do the passing off. I would step on you. But that doesn't mean I'm not feminine or attractive. Imagine that poohat. Can you imagine a woman that is both strong and feminine and attractive.

Under your poohat can your brain comprehend that a woman other than a 1950's door matt could possibly be really attractive to some men?

Can you comprehend poohat that maybe he might want to be stimulated by her rather than walk all over her and enter her whenever he fancies.

Can you comprehend that limiting yourself to the dichotomy you have made is your loss?

Of course you can't, you've got your mind set on a house maid with benefits. I hope she charges the poor girl.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As you've described it clearly No. 2. Attractive girls will still struggle if they are not very nice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Rainbow Drops-)
Tbh I wouldn't date you either :lol: you sound like a little bitxh who likes to think he knows it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugly isn't it...
DCFCfan4eva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer
Europhile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Number 1.

Just being honest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Personality can be cultivated, aesthetics cannot (without resorting to synthesis )
How will you cultivate her personality exactly?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Europhile)
Number 1.

Just being honest.
Where would you draw the line with number 1? As in would it suffice if it was almost blow up doll? And why wouldn't you choose number 2, do social reasons dictate your choice? If it was a world of only you and girl 1 or 2 which would you choose?
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Number 1 for short term nothing more
Number 2 would be long term potential
Jibola240
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really dont get why you're crying over my post lmao

I'm not saying everyone should date someone they dont find attractive (if you read my other post, you'd know).

All I said was most people would say they'd go for number 2 but if they had the opportunity would probably go for number 1. Yh they might get bored and go for number 2 in the end but based on what I see in college most guys would prefer number 1 at first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm, one thing you should note is that the world isn't as black and white as is presented in the OP. In reality there are many girls that are very attractive and have good personality and vice versa. So those girls in your college that you assume are number ones, might actually have decent personalities along with their looks. Contrary to popular belief, a guy doesn't stick around if he doesn't at least enjoy the girls company.
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would choose girl one cos she aint a nice person she wont let me walk over her. Nice girls are boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Girl with a quite attractive face and zero personality/not that nice a person

Or

Girl with normal face with some things maybe you don't find 'ideal' but she is definitely not ugly. Has a lovely personality.

Which are you more likely to stay with and be faithful to, explain your reasons
The 'plain-jane' with the amazing personality, it would just be impossible for to try and live with let alone stay faithful to someone with an awful personality and attitude.

Would you cheat on the latter with the former?
I like to think that I wouldn't.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
I like to think that I wouldn't.
Ooo a bit loose there are we 🙊...
Europhile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where would you draw the line with number 1? As in would it suffice if it was almost blow up doll? And why wouldn't you choose number 2, do social reasons dictate your choice? If it was a world of only you and girl 1 or 2 which would you choose?
If number one was better looking then I'd be more likely to want to be with number one. I wouldn't bother with someone who'd had surgery or whatever but I'd always opt for looks over personality any day of the week. Sorry, but it's the truth. Most of us, men and women, contrary to what people say, are hard wired to be like this. Personality can be attractive too, but this ties in with body language and how someone carries themselves. Social reasons don't dictate my choice. Science does.
Mike9910
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Personality can be cultivated, aesthetics cannot (without resorting to synthesis )
So you think that girl 1 is the best option? I would agree with you if so.

It's far easier for someone's personality to change to your liking than it is for an ugly girl to become good looking.

Also considering most of us here are young the long term viability of a relationship is not necessarily a concern. Girl 1 sounds much more exiting than the boring but amicable average girl.

This scenario is also slightly contrived: it's usually the good looking girls who have the best personalities, they do after all get treated better by the world, surely this must have a positive impact on how they see and treat others.

I marvel at the vivaciousness, achievements and adorable vibe exuded by beautiful women you see interviewed in the backstages of beauty contests. Medical students, engineers and brilliant scholars galore. Beauty is correlated with intelligence after all.

Being beautiful is the best advertisement possible that you're a good person.

I trust a beautiful face. I think we all do: which is why beautiful people are used by the media to sell things.

Beautiful people represent everything good about this world. They deserve our respect, if only for the fact they make us happy - by simply existing.

Imagine waking up in the morning, looking into the mirror and just knowing you're beautiful. If I was beautiful I'd spend all day gazing at myself in the mirror, things like going to work or studying for uni would be a piercing disturbance to my self infatuation that I'd detest. Then again, being beautiful would probably become mundane after awhile: all things do.

I'd swap all my money, education, friends, family and life experience for just a single day living as girl 1.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Europhile)
If number one was better looking then I'd be more likely to want to be with number one. I wouldn't bother with someone who'd had surgery or whatever but I'd always opt for looks over personality any day of the week. Sorry, but it's the truth. Most of us, men and women, contrary to what people say, are hard wired to be like this. Personality can be attractive too, but this ties in with body language and how someone carries themselves. Social reasons don't dictate my choice. Science does.
Yes science dictates it but only for the purposes of creating new life once that's done such is life nowadays that we live long enough to become old and wrinkly and exist that way for many years/decades... And so what about when the babe turns unrecognisable and old?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The latter one. Attractive girl fine and dandy, but personality makes everyone interesting. To stay with somebody in a long term, it is important to be interest in this person.
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find it funny how most guys will say number 2 but in reality go for number 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shame you don't wear your personality on your face right?

If you did then guys would go for number 2, problem is how will they ever know that the slightly less attractive girl has a worse personality in the first place? They have to initiate with every single girl that exists. Maybe those good-personality girls should get some confidence and approach the guys first and then the guys would realise that they're actually awesome people, which in turn makes them view the girl as even more attractive than she already is and yeah, it's a win.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads