Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryKane28)
    Great, most of my revision has been based on them 6 topics so thats great what would you say instead of genetic variation in plants for the earlier questions?
    Im not sure i think it could be correct but im think im not really sure but i think Genes will come up but not genetic variation in plants lets just hope its easy !
    When you guys sleeping and waking up?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for whats going to come up on tomorrows biology paper??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SERBIAN*******)
    Anyone have any predictions for whats going to come up on tomorrows biology paper??
    Q1) Genetic Variation in plants
    Q2) Biomass
    Q3) Parasitism/Mutualism linking in with Evolution
    Q4) Reflex Arc/Neurones
    Q5) Organ Transplants and Drugs
    Q6) Carbon and/or Nitrogen Cycle

My predictions

ReputationRep:
    Q2) Biomass
    Q4) Reflex Arc/Neurones

My predictions

What are these predictions based on? are they realistic?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, these predictions are based off what has/hasn't come up on exams in the last few exam series and that has provided the base for these predictions e.g. there has been no Nitrogen/Carbon cycle questions in recent years so I 100% believe it will come up tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
    Im not sure i think it could be correct but im think im not really sure but i think Genes will come up but not genetic variation in plants lets just hope its easy !
    When you guys sleeping and waking up?
    Sleeping and waking up as normal, any changes in my routine may make me feel pressurized the exam is in the afternoon anyway so it doesn't really matter to me about the timings of waking up and getting ready

ReputationRep:
    Yes, these predictions are based off what has/hasn't come up on exams in the last few exam series and that has provided the base for these predictions e.g. there has been no Nitrogen/Carbon cycle questions in recent years so I 100% believe it will come up tomorrow...
    So should I take your word for this and revise these specific topics?
    Or are you not 100% sure and these are only possibilities that may or may not come up?

ReputationRep:
    Or are you not 100% sure and these are only possibilities that may or may not come up?
    Possibilities as revising everything is better but, if you had limited time, I just 'recommend' these topics as personally i believe, due to the patterns of previous papers, the topics listed are likely to come up. Don't take my word for it though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
    If i achieved a Low B for my coursework could it be possible that I could get an A* and what would i need in each exam for it to be an overall A*
    hmm. if you get FULL UMS in your exam then possibly..

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely revise the topics he has specified but skim reading the rest would still help just incase.

ReputationRep:
    Q2) Biomass
    Q4) Reflex Arc/Neurones

My predictions

reckon carbon and nitrogen will as it didnt come up in the 2014 paper. Potential 6 markers.... HMMMM

biomass actually NEVER comes up its ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_student14)
    reckon carbon and nitrogen will as it didnt come up in the 2014 paper. Potential 6 markers.... HMMMM

Yeah, I was unbelievably surprised biomass has never come up so its almost a surefire for tomorrow, and nitrogen cycle hasn't come up since early 2012 so yeah definitely a potential 6 marker....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asapsimeon)
    What marks would in each exam I need to secure an A* in each science if I were to achieve A*'s for Physics, Chem. & Bio in the controlled assessments? (triple scientist)
    get as HIGH as you can in b1 b2, p1 p2, c1 c2.

They are pretty much straightforward -- allows a bit of mistake in the 3's. Dont be too lenient though!

ReputationRep:
    get as HIGH as you can in b1 b2, p1 p2, c1 c2.

They are pretty much straightforward -- allows a bit of mistake in the 3's. Dont be too lenient though!
    I don't know why but I feel B2 is more difficult than C3 and P3? Anyone else feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was unbelievably surprised biomass has never come up so its almost a surefire for tomorrow, and nitrogen cycle hasn't come up since early 2012 so yeah definitely a potential 6 marker....
    i wouldnt even mind nitrogen cycle, i dont see how biomass could be a 6 marker though? Like, we may be asked to draw the trophic levels or something

ReputationRep:

I've seen a question about biomass before I think it was the 2011 paper? I don't think we will be expected to draw a pyramid, if it comes up there will probably be some data and they might ask how energy was lost

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I feel B2 is more difficult than C3 and P3? Anyone else feel the same?
    B2 is okay but a massive stretch from B1. Whereas C1 to C2 is a more comforting step as with p1 to p2.

What are you planning on taking of alevel?

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt even mind nitrogen cycle, i dont see how biomass could be a 6 marker though? Like, we may be asked to draw the trophic levels or something
    No, I just expect it to come up, my bet on the two 6 markers is the Nitrogen Cycle and Organ Transplants (causes and ethics behind it)

ReputationRep:
    Guys anyone recommend me to revise/ go over quick notes for 1 hour in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    B2 is okay but a massive stretch from B1. Whereas C1 to C2 is a more comforting step as with p1 to p2.

What are you planning on taking of alevel?
    Definitely Chemistry and perhaps Biology if I get a strong A...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.