Turn on thread page Beta

What would you like the Conservative government do first? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    your obviously not from the country side, you just see a fox as a cute, fluffy animal. In the eyes of everyone in the country, it's a disease-ridden, mindless killer who will kill your chickens for fun. In the same way, people still kill them for fun, but also because they are a pest/vermin.

People fox hunt all the time anyway, it's just making it legal would make it more fun again
    Fox-hunting is an inhumane way of management of the fox population. All this oh they eat my chicken's excuse is just a farce for the rich and priviliged to participate in an absolute immoral and disgusting "sport"/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ChemicalBond)
    Firstly, don't make assumptions about me because I'm against fox hunting. I AM from the countryside, thank you very much. And don't make assumptions about other people in the countryside, too, as the vast majority of people also from the countryside that I know are also against it. It's not a mindless predator, it's in its nature to kill. It's a predator, it's what it evolved to do. http://www.wildlives.org.uk/2006_upd...oxes/pests.htm

And pray do tell me. What on Earth is so fun about sending dogs to kill an animal, watch it being torn to shreds, bloodied, and everything else? It's disgusting, and I'm genuinely shocked that you make the argument that it's fun. :eek:
    Seeing as pretty much the whole of my village is in support for it, and a lot go hunting, I'd say it's popular. It is needed as foxes are predators, they kill animals which affects farmers lives. Fox hunting is a fine british tradition and is also necessary. I'd say killing things for no reason other than being in your nature is mindless, and killing them for the reason of them being disease-ridden pests is justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Seeing as pretty much the whole of my village is in support for it, and a lot go hunting, I'd say it's popular. It is needed as foxes are predators, they kill animals which affects farmers lives. Fox hunting is a fine british tradition and is also necessary. I'd say killing things for no reason other than being in your nature is mindless, and killing them for the reason of them being disease-ridden pests is justified.
    1) So they may carry diseases, but if you even bothered to read the link I gave you, you will notice that you cannot catch diseases from foxes and they're not mindless biters- they'll only bite if you threaten them.
    2) Making chicken coops more fox proof will reduce chicken casualties. Let's not forget that foxes are very intelligent and it's easy for them to manipulate coops.
    3) Yep, in your village. Not necessarily in others. The vast majority of people are against hunting.
    4) It's not needed. No killing of an animal is needed.
    5) Fine British tradition!? Yes, so it might be tradition but times move on.
    6) Even if it was justified (which it's not), it's a barbaric way of killing an animal. I don't know how people can get their kicks out of killing an animal when it's completely unnecessary. It's sick.

EDIT:Oh, and your argument that a fox is a mindless killer. You are a mindless killer if you're killing something you're not going to eat or use and are doing it for fun.

Good day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1) So they may carry diseases, but if you even bothered to read the link I gave you, you will notice that you cannot catch diseases from foxes and they're not mindless biters- they'll only bite if you threaten them.
    2) Making chicken coops more fox proof will reduce chicken casualties. Let's not forget that foxes are very intelligent and it's easy for them to manipulate coops.
    3) Yep, in your village. Not necessarily in others. The vast majority of people are against hunting.
    4) It's not needed. No killing of an animal is needed.
    5) Fine British tradition!? Yes, so it might be tradition but times move on.
    6) Even if it was justified (which it's not), it's a barbaric way of killing an animal. I don't know how people can get their kicks out of killing an animal when it's completely unnecessary. It's sick.

EDIT:Oh, and your argument that a fox is a mindless killer. You are a mindless killer if you're killing something you're not going to eat or use and are doing it for fun.

Good day.
    yet again you fail to see why people kill them, to save their animals.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, don't make assumptions about me because I'm against fox hunting. I AM from the countryside, thank you very much. And don't make assumptions about other people in the countryside, too, as the vast majority of people also from the countryside that I know are also against it. It's not a mindless predator, it's in its nature to kill. It's a predator, it's what it evolved to do. http://www.wildlives.org.uk/2006_upd...oxes/pests.htm

And pray do tell me. What on Earth is so fun about sending dogs to kill an animal, watch it being torn to shreds, bloodied, and everything else? It's disgusting, and I'm genuinely shocked that you make the argument that it's fun. :eek:
    Everybody I've met from the country side holds opposite views to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly1798)
    I was one kids that slipped though the cracks. My council isn't run well department wise. It's wasn't the entire councils vote, it was the housing departments fault. If at 14 I knew that writing or going to see my local MP would help me then I would have. I only know this fact now at months off 17.
    Was it a labour run council?

Fix everything they messed up on in the last five years.
    They've been fixing the problems created by Labour and led us out of recession. There's a reason they have a majority and the other parties have all essentially been crushed except SNP and to a lesser extent UKIP. Although like a religious sect, without their charismatic leader, it is inevitable they will lose influence as well in the foreseeable future

ReputationRep:
    Everything you want the Tories to tackle Dave can but he can't as the EU has his hands tied up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Was it a labour run council?
    I think it might have been yes, but the MP at the time retired short after I can't actually remember if he was a labour MP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    You're having a laugh.

Truly.

ReputationRep:
    I think it might have been yes, but the MP at the time retired short after I can't actually remember if he was a labour MP.
    The council
    Is responsible for housing you, not the national government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    They've been fixing the problems created by Labour and led us out of recession. There's a reason they have a majority and the other parties have all essentially been crushed except SNP and to a lesser extent UKIP. Although like a religious sect, without their charismatic leader, it is inevitable they will lose influence as well in the foreseeable future

If you think that is why they had a majority and essentially won the election, the level of naivety you have is astonishing.

ReputationRep:
    need to get rid of my local labour council first, merely rent seeking bribe taking parasites.

ReputationRep:
    The council
    Is responsible for housing you, not the national government.
    I know this? It's not hard to know that. You asked me who the local government was and I told you....I don;t see your point?

ReputationRep:
    I know this? It's not hard to know that. You asked me who the local government was and I told you....I don;t see your point?
    Your local labour council failed you.

Not the conservative government

If you're going UK be angry, be angry at the labour council.

ReputationRep:
    Resign. That would be nice

ReputationRep:
    Your local labour council failed you.

Not the conservative government

If you're going UK be angry, be angry at the labour council.
    Again I don't see your point?

I never said I wasn't angry at the Tory's for what happened to me. I was using myself as an example. My council failed to fine me a home when I was homeless yes. The conservative government are part of the reason I got into that situation but I really really don't want to go into that because it's still very raw for me even though it was years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    Resign. That would be nice
    not a fan of democracy brah?

ReputationRep:
    Commit to 2% of GDP on defence.
    Cap child benefit at 2 children.
    Reduce net migration.

ReputationRep:
    Quit

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.