Turn on thread page Beta

Are there actually any non-racist UKIP supporters? watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, Farage wanted to control immigration and cut benefits for immigrants. Yeah, it's racist, but it's not like he wants to refuse Muslims entry to bars. Yes, Farage is a bit racist, but David Cameron has some far worse qualities. I'd sooner support Farage than a leader who does not care for the healthcare, welfare or education of ANYONE.

Priorities, people... A leader who doesn't like immigrants vs a leader who will ruin the NHS. Both are pretty nasty sandwiches but I know which one I'd prefer.
    Obviously it's too late now, but maybe in 5 years people will rethink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    No, we all hate anyone with any skin colour other than our own. That's why we'd obviously never support and vote for such people as our candida-

Oh wait, nevermind.

:rolleyes:
    What a staged photograph, it's very convenient how all of the skin colours are in one photograph.

Those people don't believe in human equality. They believe that they're above others from foreign countries and hence disprove their arrival, just because they were fortunate enough to come here earlier.

There are many people who want to come here, work, enjoy the better standard of living , so that they live a better life compared to where they are currently. These people deserve to be here, much more than the average person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCMFM16)
    What a staged photograph, it's very convenient how all of the skin colours are in one photograph.

Those people don't believe in human equality. They believe that they're above others from foreign countries and hence disprove their arrival, just because they were fortunate enough to come here earlier.

There are many people who want to come here, work, enjoy the better standard of living , so that they live a better life compared to where they are currently. These people deserve to be here, much more than the average person.
    Oh go away with your notion that it's the responsibility of the British people and government to provide for people who come here from around the world. That's nothing to do with race or 'human equality', that's a reality of resources and the integrity and independence of the nation state. The notion that anyone deserves or is entitled to a place here because they want our better standard of living is a ridiculous notion that (as the election results seem to indicate) is not a widely shared one, and is one typically espoused by the left and those who ultimately don't believe in the democratic nation-state.

And of course it's staged, like every damned photograph involving people together on a stage in the entire land; especially politicians. The fact that it was made to prove the point it makes doesn't somehow invalidate it.

If this is your idea of 'human equality', where we all pretend we live in a utopian world where there are no borders, then yes - call me racist and I'll be proud of that label, coming from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    I support the EU for personal reasons. A lot of my friends' line of work needs the EU and I have a lot of family in European countries. Leaving the EU would make visiting and staying over there a lot harder. Furthermore, I am looking into studying in the Netherlands. My course will get funded for, like in the UK, by the government of the Netherlands if the UK is in the EU.

I just don't believe isolating ourselves is a good idea. Why would someone want to trade with us/set up business here when they could get it all cheaper in the EU countries?

Furthermore, we would be still be subjected to some European laws and rules without any influence over them. We will no longer be able to negotiate these rules or change them in any way.

EDIT: It is like your divorcing your wife and she takes away 75% of your income but still demands that you buy her handmade cakes to give out at work so her bakery business would be successful. In that case, I'd buy cheaper cakes from my friend that tastes just as good.
    I have no problem with you supporting it for personal reasons. Everybody's actions are based on self-interest. Me included.

However, I can't say I agree that leaving the EU equates to isolationism. If we did leave, I can't see businesses refusing to do business with us - nobody turns away business. Humans beings, as they are, will always chase money.

Also, we could visit foreign countries before the EU, so why would we have problems visiting them now?

But anyway, I respect your view. I think you could make a case for staying in the EU, but I think your argument is a tad weak .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    Oh go away with your notion that it's the responsibility of the British people and government to provide for people who come here from around the world. That's nothing to do with race or 'human equality', that's a reality of resources and the integrity and independence of the nation state. The notion that anyone deserves or is entitled to a place here because they want our better standard of living is a ridiculous notion that (as the election results seem to indicate) is not a widely shared one, and is one typically espoused by the left and those who ultimately don't believe in the democratic nation-state.

And of course it's staged, like every damned photograph involving people together on a stage in the entire land; especially politicians. The fact that it was made to prove the point it makes doesn't somehow invalidate it.

If this is your idea of 'human equality', where we all pretend we live in a utopian world where there are no borders, then yes - call me racist and I'll be proud of that label, coming from you.
    I just think we should provide for those who are deserving of it, people we know for sure aren't going to doss.

If you've had experience of any poverty you'd know why people desperately want to come here.

If you know it is a staged photograph why would you use it to support your argument? That to me makes your argument invalid.

But from what I deduce from your post you're a lazy bum who only thinks for yourself

If we are able to achieve this, we will have a positive effect on the rest of the world..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)
    I have no problem with you supporting it for personal reasons. Everybody's actions are based on self-interest. Me included.

However, I can't say I agree that leaving the EU equates to isolationism. If we did leave, I can't see businesses refusing to do business with us - nobody turns away business. Humans beings, as they are, will always chase money.

Also, we could visit foreign countries before the EU, so why would we have problems visiting them now?

But anyway, I respect your view. I think you could make a case for staying in the EU, but I think your argument is a tad weak .
    I visit my grandparent's for approximately a month each year, where I also do some part-time work. Being able to work or stay for long periods of time would be more difficult if we left the EU, that is my case about visiting foreign countries. 😊

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.