The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? 2015 A-level exam epic discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by LoobyLou12
Hiya Guys!
Today I had AQA Business studies and myself and other class mates found it really difficult!
Just wondering if that was the general view or whether it was just us.
Cheers :smile:

I thought it was a breeze. I was nearly laughing.
Original post by mogwai98
I've never seen so many 4 markers before? I prefer that to having fewer questions but more 6 and 8 markers though.

Edexcel Psychology? I didn't like the Gottesmann and Shields evaluation question :redface:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Here's the exam sentiment for last week! :woo: :bl:

Looking good everyone! Good luck for this week :dumbells: I'm sure everyone will smash it!

Don't forget to update the sentiment thread here!

Puddles

Spoiler

I thought we said no more politcs :tongue:
Original post by Slowbro93
I thought we said no more politcs :tongue:

No more politics? :confused:

:eek3:
Original post by Feraligatr
Edexcel Psychology? I didn't like the Gottesmann and Shields evaluation question :redface:

Ah no, sorry I did AQA.
Hopefully you will get that A :smile:
Ah no, sorry I did AQA.
Hopefully you will get that A :smile:

Edexcel paper wasn't the most normal :lol: Definitely was a strange paper lol
How did your paper go?
Edexcel paper wasn't the most normal :lol: Definitely was a strange paper lol
How did your paper go?

Quite well, I think. People are saying it was hard but I thought it fine really. Hopefully I won't be getting any nasty surprises on results day :tongue:
Why do you say it was strange?
Quite well, I think. People are saying it was hard but I thought it fine really. Hopefully I won't be getting any nasty surprises on results day :tongue:
Why do you say it was strange?

I'm sure since you found it well, you'll have done well :smile:
It's just that it wasn't exactly a normal paper, it was different. Like everyone's been saying it was more difficult than usual.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm sure since you found it well, you'll have done well :smile:
It's just that it wasn't exactly a normal paper, it was different. Like everyone's been saying it was more difficult than usual.

That's what I'm hoping :smile:
Oh... but you still think you might get an A though? That's good :smile: (and the grade boundaries may be a little lower than usual?)
That's what I'm hoping :smile:
Oh... but you still think you might get an A though? That's good :smile: (and the grade boundaries may be a little lower than usual?)

Hopefully I can get an A although I'm worried I might not though :redface:
Yeah, I guess its good news since the grade boundaries will be lower than usual :smile:
Hopefully I can get an A although I'm worried I might not though :redface:
Yeah, I guess its good news since the grade boundaries will be lower than usual :smile:

Stay positive though, by the sound of it it could've gone much worse for you... plus there's the boundaries thing :smile:
Stay positive though, by the sound of it it could've gone much worse for you... plus there's the boundaries thing :smile:

I guess you're right, what's happened has happened :smile:
Original post by azzax
Exam subject: History Tsarist Russia 1855 - 1917
Exam board: AQA
A Level or AS Level: AS

It was an alright paper...think I did alright :smile:

i thought this exam could have gone better, for me the questions were a bit vague!
Reply 73
Original post by Harper97
i thought this exam could have gone better, for me the questions were a bit vague!

I did questions 1 and 3 which were both topics I knew pretty well :smile: Yeah the 24 markers were really vague! :redface: Luckily when I checked with my friend afterwards, it turned out I'd wrote the right thing :') I was hoping for dates in the questions but they didn't put them in :/
Original post by azzax
I did questions 1 and 3 which were both topics I knew pretty well :smile: Yeah the 24 markers were really vague! :redface: Luckily when I checked with my friend afterwards, it turned out I'd wrote the right thing :':wink: I was hoping for dates in the questions but they didn't put them in :/

I wish i'd chosen question 1! I didnt really feel like i had enough to gain good marks whilst i was writing them. I wish the 24 marker on question 3 was about the October revolution instead it would have been great! hopefully Wednesdays history exam will be better :biggrin:
Reply 75
I wish i'd chosen question 1! I didnt really feel like i had enough to gain good marks whilst i was writing them. I wish the 24 marker on question 3 was about the October revolution instead it would have been great! hopefully Wednesdays history exam will be better :biggrin:

Awh I sure you did fine :biggrin:
I didn't really mind it but yeah October Revolution would have been fun to write about! :smile:
Yeah! I'm hoping collectivisation does not come up...hate that topic
I want the power struggle, industrialisation and the terror to come up...that would just be amazing! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
Awh I sure you did fine :biggrin:
I didn't really mind it but yeah October Revolution would have been fun to write about! :smile:
Yeah! I'm hoping collectivisation does not come up...hate that topic
I want the power struggle, industrialisation and the terror to come up...that would just be amazing! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, you too! :smile: which syllabus do you do? mines on Civil Rights but yours sounds really interesting!
Reply 77
Hopefully, you too! :smile: which syllabus do you do? mines on Civil Rights but yours sounds really interesting!

Thanx!:smile:
Ooo nice! :smile:
Stalin's USSR: 1921-1941 :smile:
Yeah it is super interesting definitely the terror :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
i did this too! we did medical ethics (abortion), wbu? the question was a bit weird but i just answered it like it was saying we can't reject religious principles. I'm sure your exam went well! hallelujah we are done with AS philosophy!!

Original post by martynkaa_xo
Exam subject: Religion and philosophy Unit 2
Exam board: Edexcel
AS or A Level: AS

:s-smilie: Not too sure how i did, hopefully i can scrape a B.
Original post by thechemistress
Exam Subject: Physics A Unit 1
Exam Board: AQA
AS or A Level: AS Level

absolutely horrendous :frown: :frown: :frown:

I remember you. You want to go to Cambridge same as me. My prediction for me is around 55. I didn't realise K had strangeness so I lost 6 marks :s-smilie: What do you think you got :smile: ?

Quick Reply

Latest