The Student Room Group

What's everyone think of AQA Accounting Unit1? (12/5/15)

Scroll to see replies

Any exam tips guys?
I really don't know what "capital/revenue expenditures" relate to I know the definition is there something else that I need to know for them?
Reply 62
That unit 2 paper was ****ing awful. Worse than unit 1. I am so upset and livid! Trash paper, utter trash this year for accounting
Original post by Kelem
That unit 2 paper was ****ing awful. Worse than unit 1. I am so upset and livid! Trash paper, utter trash this year for accounting

I agree but thats because i didn't understand the shares and stuff as much as i should off, still a pile of **** though 😂
I am usually dreadful at unit 2, but i thought the paper wasn't too bad personally!
The unit 2 paper wasn't so much difficult as it was sneaky. I've done about 5 years worth of past papers and I have never ever ever seen layouts like I saw today. It has a stupid amount of written marks though (25 I believe?) And I was banking on a full income statement or balance sheet but nope. And that 21 (or was it 23?) mark table question was vile.
It wasn't the stuff was difficult. Just laid out and examined in an odd way. There were few areas where layout got you marks. Usually just putting figures in the right place grabs you a few marks. But nope. Not in this exam! No easy marks. Heck. Even the ticky box question was mean! Usually you'd get at least 2 or 3 marks for giving the formula and working the ratio out. But no. You got 1 for each thing you worked out. Thanks aqa!
Reply 66
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
The unit 2 paper wasn't so much difficult as it was sneaky. I've done about 5 years worth of past papers and I have never ever ever seen layouts like I saw today. It has a stupid amount of written marks though (25 I believe?) And I was banking on a full income statement or balance sheet but nope. And that 21 (or was it 23?) mark table question was vile.
It wasn't the stuff was difficult. Just laid out and examined in an odd way. There were few areas where layout got you marks. Usually just putting figures in the right place grabs you a few marks. But nope. Not in this exam! No easy marks. Heck. Even the ticky box question was mean! Usually you'd get at least 2 or 3 marks for giving the formula and working the ratio out. But no. You got 1 for each thing you worked out. Thanks aqa!

it was a very hard paper i believe im soo annoyed i started revising in septheber. the first question was so confusing dont even know what it was.
All the stuff i perfected for unit 1 and 2 didnt even come up
and the paper was so different to all the past papers i done and yeah it was 25 marks of written and the table thing was 21.
Reply 67
I'm pretty sure my college is filing a complaint to AQA about it, so if you are dissatisfied then it would be more beneficial if more people complained as numbers speak volumes
Reply 68
Original post by Kelem
I'm pretty sure my college is filing a complaint to AQA about it, so if you are dissatisfied then it would be more beneficial if more people complained as numbers speak volumes

how do u complain
Reply 69
Original post by df2397
how do u complain

Go to your teacher and say about you want to complain, and then they will either dismiss it or take it further

If they dismiss it, just complain to AQA yourself through writing. All of the list of contacts and how to complain etc are on their website
I tutor undergraduate Accounting students, specializing in Financial Accounting 1 and 2, and Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2. On a case-by-case basis, I tutor upper-level accounting courses. I also teach in group settings at discounted rates.For one-on-one sessions, I offer completely individualized tutoring - according to to my student's strengths and weaknesses. You'll find that I have a unique ability to assess your knowledge gaps and develop ways to close those gaps. Reach out for help. '

I often find that students are not afraid to talk to me, but they won’t talk to their instructors for help. But you should! Instructors are there to help not just with topics, but they can help you if you have questions about how to find information you need for the class (where’s it’s located in ANGEL or if you’re seeking additional information on the topic).

“I am willing to teach but you must be willing and ready to learn.” If you reach out to ask for help, it shows me (and other instructors) that you want to learn!

Contact me for any assignment help on above subjects or any commerce / management topics Email Id :[email protected]
Reply 71
Exams done mate
Reply 72
what did everyone get? & i got a C for unit 1 60UMS, im quite annoyed cause i revised mad hard for accounting and got a D overall
Original post by df2397
what did everyone get? & i got a C for unit 1 60UMS, im quite annoyed cause i revised mad hard for accounting and got a D overall

88 ums Unit 1 (A)
86 ums Unit 2 (A)

overall 174 UMS (A)

but the others I've spoken too have had grades C down to U o_O
ECON3: 88 UMS
ECON4: 93 UMS

A* overall
Does anyone know where i can find a non-official mark scheme for this paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending