Turn on thread page Beta
    Offline

    7
    ReputationRep:
    Summary of the exam. This is what I wrote so I don't know if it is right or wrong. I think the exam was reasonable- not too hard not too easy either. questions were either REALLY good or bad. 6 markers were beautiful and it was relatively okay
    Question 1) Cigarettes/ tobacco/ smoking. This question was okay but I've seen better first questions
    10%/9%
    It has decreased due to health awareness and nicotine pouches so addiction is fed but not harmful substances
    For the lung cancer, tar contains carcinogens...
    For the difficulty in exercise it was the carbon monoxide decrease blood in red blood cells so difficulty breathing and lack of oxygen causes pain in active muscles
    Question 2) pH levels, acidity, acid rain, eutrophication
    the pH levels affect acidity and organisms can't survive in acidic conditions
    For acid rain gas, it was sulphur dioxide
    For the nitrates and phosphates one, it was that they cause algae to grow, other plants die, decomposers break them down, lack of oxygen, other animals die. (explain eutrophication)
    For the indicator one, for the no water pollution/ lots of oxygen- stonefly larvae/freshwater shrimps
    for the lack of oxygen in the water, it was bloodworms/sludge worms

    for the pick words/ letters in the box, I wrote- dominant and then HH
    Punnett square was HH Hh Hh and hh
    Percentage was 75% (HH, Hh and hh are all the disease)
    For the cystic fibrosis against the Huntington disease, the cystic fibrosis has to be recessive alleles and there is only a 25% chance whereas Huntington's is 75% chance
    the infertility in male as a result of cystic fibrosis made me want to CRY. But, upon discussion after exam, it is apparently that mucus blocks the sperm or something.

    The neurone labels were dendrites and nucleus
    Myelin sheath insulates the neurone so message is not disrupted by other tissue/ neurones and allows it to travel faster
    the gap between neurones is a synapse
    Reflex arc response- everyone learnt this differently but I wrote word for word from the student book- sensory neurone takes control of the motor neurone for quicker response, bypasses parts of the brain in conscious thought

    6 marker- you could explain, oxpeckers and large herbivore, cleaner fish and shark, nitrogen fixing bacteria and legumes I think it was legumes or chemosynthetic bacteria and giant tubeworms, NOT tapeworms

    For the percentage, it was a differing answer but most people who I asked, a* students and asking my sister who does a-level maths after the exam, it was 92%. DON'T stress out on the negatives if you didn't get that because a) it might be incorrect and b) your working out is looked at as well.
    For the multiple choice of chemical messengers, neurotransmitters, electrical message and the other one, it was ELECTRICAL MESSAGE
    the second 6 marker- explain how the HUMAN BODY deals with differing blood glucose levels- DON'T say inject insulin- say about insulin, glycogen, glucagon and all that and I also wrote that excess glucose may be put into urine and balance other factors e.g. diet and exercise because I had space left but I don't know if you had to say that.

    I hope everyone gets good results and don't stress, it's not worth it.
    These are not all the answers and answers may also be incorrect so don't use this as a mark scheme and there are other points that are accepted.
    Offline

    12
    what grade do you think 41 would be?
    I made silly mistakes and I really wish to get an A.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devkulasooriya)
    Does anyone know the correct answer to the energy loss question? Was is 92% or 8%?
    I imagine 92% as I think the number was 7760? and no way could that be a reduction of 8% from 97000
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I agree that paper was far too easy and I felt like a lot of my revision went to waste.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Anybody who put 50% for the allele/ punnet square is wrong, 75% is correct as the disease was caused by a DOMINANT allele. So this means anyone who is homozygous recessive or heterozygous got the disease, so the answer is 75%
    Offline

    6
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy1274698)
    What mutualistic relationships did everyone put for the 3 examples? I put chemo synthetic bacteria in hydrothermal vents, oxpeckers and leguminous plants and bacteria on root nodules, is this right?
    I used the same examples
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    I put oxpecker, cleaner fish and nitrogen-fixing bacteria in root nodules
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakara)
    What did people get for the second calculation question?

    I cant remember the exact question but you would divide the two numbers and end up with 0.08 and the you would times it by 100 to get the percentage i got 8%
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the neurone labels were? I put dendron!
    Offline

    6
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nibah)
    I cant remember the exact question but you would divide the two numbers and end up with 0.08 and the you would times it by 100 to get the percentage i got 8%
    It was 92% since it said how much was lost not how much was passed on. I made that mistake too but we should get marks for working...
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usaamah)
    Anyone know what the neurone labels were? I put dendron!
    I put nucleus and dendRITE
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1uescorpion)
    It was 92% since it said how much was lost not how much was passed on. I made that mistake too but we should get marks for working...
    oh God i messed up....
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    I WROTE 80% FOR THE biomass of energy question! First it can't be 8% because the number was like in it 10000 and 8% too small. I got 8 in my calculation but I added a 0 at the end because it wouldn't be that low, BTW I hope you all do well! I wish you luck for the P1 exam coming up next Wednesday
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nibah)
    oh God i messed up....
    I know I did it completely wrong don't worry (( I don't think I'll even get 1 mark because I minused the 2 numbers then divided by the 9000 number then timed by 100.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nibah)
    oh God i messed up....
    I think it is 92% because if you did the calculation you wouldv'e ended up with 8 and you take 8 from 100 which gives 92. I definantly failed that Q I put 80% I did it wrong :confused::eek::mad:
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastels123)
    what grade do you think 41 would be?
    I made silly mistakes and I really wish to get an A.
    I think 41 is a B grade only because they have raised the grade boundaries! But think good about the test because you could still possibly get an A
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I think the only 2 questions I fully messed up on was the cystic fibrosis one about infertility
    & the tobacco one about regular exercise. It was stupid bc I knew the answer but my nerves got the best of me. I was really wishing for an a* but the grade boundaries are gonna be so high that I might just get an A.
    but synapses and osmoregulation THOOOOO ))))))
    I, at least, know that I have 2/60 now. YESYES WHOOOPP!
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glittery123)
    Summary of the exam. This is what I wrote so I don't know if it is right or wrong. I think the exam was reasonable- not too hard not too easy either. questions were either REALLY good or bad. 6 markers were beautiful and it was relatively okay
    Question 1) Cigarettes/ tobacco/ smoking. This question was okay but I've seen better first questions
    10%/9%
    It has decreased due to health awareness and nicotine pouches so addiction is fed but not harmful substances
    For the lung cancer, tar contains carcinogens...
    For the difficulty in exercise it was the carbon monoxide decrease blood in red blood cells so difficulty breathing and lack of oxygen causes pain in active muscles
    Question 2) pH levels, acidity, acid rain, eutrophication
    the pH levels affect acidity and organisms can't survive in acidic conditions
    For acid rain gas, it was sulphur dioxide
    For the nitrates and phosphates one, it was that they cause algae to grow, other plants die, decomposers break them down, lack of oxygen, other animals die. (explain eutrophication)
    For the indicator one, for the no water pollution/ lots of oxygen- stonefly larvae/freshwater shrimps
    for the lack of oxygen in the water, it was bloodworms/sludge worms

    for the pick words/ letters in the box, I wrote- dominant and then HH
    Punnett square was HH Hh Hh and hh
    Percentage was 75% (HH, Hh and hh are all the disease)
    For the cystic fibrosis against the Huntington disease, the cystic fibrosis has to be recessive alleles and there is only a 25% chance whereas Huntington's is 75% chance
    the infertility in male as a result of cystic fibrosis made me want to CRY. But, upon discussion after exam, it is apparently that mucus blocks the sperm or something.

    The neurone labels were dendrites and nucleus
    Myelin sheath insulates the neurone so message is not disrupted by other tissue/ neurones and allows it to travel faster
    the gap between neurones is a synapse
    Reflex arc response- everyone learnt this differently but I wrote word for word from the student book- sensory neurone takes control of the motor neurone for quicker response, bypasses parts of the brain in conscious thought

    6 marker- you could explain, oxpeckers and large herbivore, cleaner fish and shark, nitrogen fixing bacteria and legumes I think it was legumes or chemosynthetic bacteria and giant tubeworms, NOT tapeworms

    For the percentage, it was a differing answer but most people who I asked, a* students and asking my sister who does a-level maths after the exam, it was 92%. DON'T stress out on the negatives if you didn't get that because a) it might be incorrect and b) your working out is looked at as well.
    For the multiple choice of chemical messengers, neurotransmitters, electrical message and the other one, it was ELECTRICAL MESSAGE
    the second 6 marker- explain how the HUMAN BODY deals with differing blood glucose levels- DON'T say inject insulin- say about insulin, glycogen, glucagon and all that and I also wrote that excess glucose may be put into urine and balance other factors e.g. diet and exercise because I had space left but I don't know if you had to say that.

    I hope everyone gets good results and don't stress, it's not worth it.
    These are not all the answers and answers may also be incorrect so don't use this as a mark scheme and there are other points that are accepted.
    Hi, what was the first question (like the question)?
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glittery123)
    Summary of the exam. This is what I wrote so I don't know if it is right or wrong. I think the exam was reasonable- not too hard not too easy either. questions were either REALLY good or bad. 6 markers were beautiful and it was relatively okay
    Question 1) Cigarettes/ tobacco/ smoking. This question was okay but I've seen better first questions
    10%/9%
    It has decreased due to health awareness and nicotine pouches so addiction is fed but not harmful substances
    For the lung cancer, tar contains carcinogens...
    For the difficulty in exercise it was the carbon monoxide decrease blood in red blood cells so difficulty breathing and lack of oxygen causes pain in active muscles
    Question 2) pH levels, acidity, acid rain, eutrophication
    the pH levels affect acidity and organisms can't survive in acidic conditions
    For acid rain gas, it was sulphur dioxide
    For the nitrates and phosphates one, it was that they cause algae to grow, other plants die, decomposers break them down, lack of oxygen, other animals die. (explain eutrophication)
    For the indicator one, for the no water pollution/ lots of oxygen- stonefly larvae/freshwater shrimps
    for the lack of oxygen in the water, it was bloodworms/sludge worms

    for the pick words/ letters in the box, I wrote- dominant and then HH
    Punnett square was HH Hh Hh and hh
    Percentage was 75% (HH, Hh and hh are all the disease)
    For the cystic fibrosis against the Huntington disease, the cystic fibrosis has to be recessive alleles and there is only a 25% chance whereas Huntington's is 75% chance
    the infertility in male as a result of cystic fibrosis made me want to CRY. But, upon discussion after exam, it is apparently that mucus blocks the sperm or something.

    The neurone labels were dendrites and nucleus
    Myelin sheath insulates the neurone so message is not disrupted by other tissue/ neurones and allows it to travel faster
    the gap between neurones is a synapse
    Reflex arc response- everyone learnt this differently but I wrote word for word from the student book- sensory neurone takes control of the motor neurone for quicker response, bypasses parts of the brain in conscious thought

    6 marker- you could explain, oxpeckers and large herbivore, cleaner fish and shark, nitrogen fixing bacteria and legumes I think it was legumes or chemosynthetic bacteria and giant tubeworms, NOT tapeworms

    For the percentage, it was a differing answer but most people who I asked, a* students and asking my sister who does a-level maths after the exam, it was 92%. DON'T stress out on the negatives if you didn't get that because a) it might be incorrect and b) your working out is looked at as well.
    For the multiple choice of chemical messengers, neurotransmitters, electrical message and the other one, it was ELECTRICAL MESSAGE
    the second 6 marker- explain how the HUMAN BODY deals with differing blood glucose levels- DON'T say inject insulin- say about insulin, glycogen, glucagon and all that and I also wrote that excess glucose may be put into urine and balance other factors e.g. diet and exercise because I had space left but I don't know if you had to say that.

    I hope everyone gets good results and don't stress, it's not worth it.
    These are not all the answers and answers may also be incorrect so don't use this as a mark scheme and there are other points that are accepted.
    Yay I'm just like you, I messed up on the CF infertility Q and the percentage Q, Hopefully I still get an A. There's no way I'm getting an A* because I know I got more than 10 Q's wrong. I either got a B or an A. Anywho, was I the only one with MESSY handwriting? I feel sorry for my examiner who will be marking my exam... hope I still get the marks if my writing is legible.
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastels123)
    what grade do you think 41 would be?
    I made silly mistakes and I really wish to get an A.
    Definitely less than an A. This test was easier than last years and it was 42 to get an A so this year it might be like 45
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2016

1,240

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.