Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannisali1)
    The writing section is seriously down to the examiners opinion.. What do you guys usually get on your writings ?
    Before I used to get 23 but In recent essays have got 25,29, 30 and 31 depending on the question/topic, however I think what I've written today was no where near that what do you usually get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ES123456)
    If that was the first one it was just sinken because seit means present tense we went through the whole paper and I think I got a good mark, did the werbung question also which was quite good
    Can you remember any other answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabel29)
    What did you get for sinken?
    everyone in my class thought it was Wird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20Emily1998)
    Before I used to get 23 but In recent essays have got 25,29, 30 and 31 depending on the question/topic, however I think what I've written today was no where near that what do you usually get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The max I ever got was 28, its the reading and the listening where my marks goes up and gets me the A but now I am not even sure. I tried to add things like the passive and the subjunctive but it was all finishing so quick that I had to end up rushing (specially coz me having to repeat the listening a few times)

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, I know I haven't done very well on the grammar section 😂😣

ReputationRep:
    I put wird and sank. 99% sure sank is right as although there was a 'present' tense verb, the question had something like fruher in it, suggesting past tense was needed

ReputationRep:
    The max I ever got was 28, its the reading and the listening where my marks goes up and gets me the A but now I am not even sure. I tried to add things like the passive and the subjunctive but it was all finishing so quick that I had to end up rushing (specially coz me having to repeat the listening a few times)
    I usually depend on the listening and reading as I don't like doing the essay, and today my 3 worst essay topics came up so the exam wasn't really in my favour, especially as I thin ive lost a lot on the Listening and reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted my failure anyway as even if I do reasonably well like a C or a B, my speaking was awful so it'll bring it down. I've not been doing as well in German as I should so who knows, I'll find out on results day haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    I put wird and sank. 99% sure sank is right as although there was a 'present' tense verb, the question had something like fruher in it, suggesting past tense was needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wrote sank too, what the funniest part was the fact that sank and begann was right next to each other and I almost died because I was thinking how can these sound soo english ? and i spelt begann as began and I thought no way this is too english so i added an extra n and now I am so confused.. guys how can these examiners be so mean to us?! WHYY

ReputationRep:
    it had seit, which takes the present tense so it was 'sinken'and yes i think I can remember... this is what i got for the first question in the 70sunder 30sover 55sproportion of one-person-households is over 50% and this is increasingthey dont want responsibility for anotherthe want to experience adventure firstthey want to live independentlygood-lookingsuccessful at work

ReputationRep:
    for some reason my paragraphing has just deleted but you get the drift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ES123456)
    it had seit, which takes the present tense so it was 'sinken'and yes i think I can remember... this is what i got for the first question in the 70sunder 30sover 55sproportion of one-person-households is over 50% and this is increasingthey dont want responsibility for anotherthe want to experience adventure firstthey want to live independentlygood-lookingsuccessful at work
    Ah, well I'm wrong in that case. I did get exactly the same for q1 so that's promising.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wrote sank too, what the funniest part was the fact that sank and begann was right next to each other and I almost died because I was thinking how can these sound soo english ? and i spelt begann as began and I thought no way this is too english so i added an extra n and now I am so confused.. guys how can these examiners be so mean to us?! WHYY
    At least you got something right - I had begann but crossed out an n!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you put hätten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that's 10 marks in the bag in just the first question so that's good!

ReputationRep:
    well... if we're both right

ReputationRep:
    yeah i put hätten

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the other 2 qs in the grammar? So far I have wird, gutes, haetten, enlaedt, sinken, begann, uberlebt, eignenem (not correct, just the words in general)

What were the other 2 and did anyone get eigeneM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    Anyone remember the other 2 qs in the grammar? So far I have wird, gutes, haetten, enlaedt, sinken, begann, uberlebt, eignenem (not correct, just the words in general)

What were the other 2 and did anyone get eigeneM?
    can't remember but groß and müssen

ReputationRep:
    The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole_wilson)
    The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?
    Depends whether was a definite or indefinite or no article

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.