Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One way of measuring the external diameter (see pic)

Is there a thread for Unit 4 and 5?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shariqsss)
    I got 19% and for last graph i got 2.45
    i got 19.9% in plancks constant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haappy17)
    One way of measuring the external diameter (see pic)

Is there a thread for Unit 4 and 5?
    Comparing this to my diagram idk whether to laugh or cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe007)
    Yeah, I agree. The paper was kinda tricky.
    A few silly mistakes on my part is gonna cost me big time, I know. :facepalm:
    Out of context but how do you make that emoji?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockon16)
    Out of context but how do you make that emoji?
    :listen: Its in the [More] options in the Smilies box, under the auxilliary section.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone gonna release an unofficial mark scheme or so? What did you guys write for why the uncertainty for the volume was really more than 10%? And what did u write for why the distance for the LDR had to be constant? Thank you and hope exams go well to all of you

ReputationRep:
    I got 7.79x10-34 or so, what did you guys get for the question that said: The volume of the can has an uncertainty of more than 10%, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferpastor.2508)
    Is anyone gonna release an unofficial mark scheme or so? What did you guys write for why the uncertainty for the volume was really more than 10%? And what did u write for why the distance for the LDR had to be constant? Thank you and hope exams go well to all of you
    The 10% thing is some mathematica thing, you have the two uncertainties in external and internal volume , which is 4.1 and the metal volume is 15 so it's just 4.1/15 X100 which is higher than 10%
    The LDR one is just that changing distance also affects the light intensity
    And we only want the power to affect the light intensity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedBilal)
    Can anyone explain to me how a set square is actually used in measuring distances?
    A sets square is used to keep a metre rule perpendicular.

For ex: We can measure the height of a ball which just bounced using a metre rule. We would keep the metre rule vertically against a sets sqaure. The sets sqaure keeps the metre rule perpendicular which gives us a more accurate reading for the height of the ball

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.