Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeepFan)
    and then on that weird binomial, i had n=5 and a=-3/2 ?
    I had n=5 but I think I had a=-15 not sure at all though

ReputationRep:
    no roots so K ended up> 15/2 ?? i got stuck there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iyaz)
    .... hmm not sure if troll or ...
    Noo im serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr rump)
    I had n=5 but I think I had a=-15 not sure at all though
    Sorry to tell you but a was -3 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz123)
    Ahh well, how do you do it?

ReputationRep:
    was 2)b) 5 - _/22

ReputationRep:
    I did Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Noo im serious
    You can't get an A* at AS Level.

ReputationRep:
    You were given it from the last question, I only realised once I'd found it again through inspection though

ReputationRep:
    I see how it's 3 now, I thought the formula was a^n + a^(n-1)b but it's actually a^n + na(n-1)b so I should have divided -15 by n which was 5! How many marks will I lose? It was out of 4, I showed working out and the examiner will see the mistake in my formula so will I get follow through marks?

ReputationRep:
    was 2)b) 5 - _/22
    I got that as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iyaz)
    I got that as well.
    gooood cos that was like the most difficult surds q i had seen so i was worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr rump)
    I had x=40 and put it back into the L equation to get L=80 is that correct? Or was I just meant to leave it after solving X
    I got that too but i had no method, because I simply forgot, everything was so awful! so i guessed and judging by what people are saying it's right.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for an answer to Q9 (a) it asked for a sketched graph of f(1/2x) I stretched the graph by a factor of 2 on the x-axis was I correct in doing that? Also a real shame they didn't ask a similar question in 9(b) that's usually 6 easy marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhys3010)
    What did you guys get for an answer to Q9 (a) it asked for a sketched graph of f(1/2x) I stretched the graph by a factor of 2 on the x-axis was I correct in doing that? Also a real shame they didn't ask a similar question in 9(b) that's usually 6 easy marks.
    yeah thats what i did. it was so annoying, instead angharad wants the answer to the simplet question to answer yet really difficult to phrase

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what i did. it was so annoying, instead angharad wants the answer to the simplet question to answer yet really difficult to phrase
    Yeah, it was especially challenging considering I had to answer it in welsh whilst reading the English paper.

ReputationRep:
    x=40 for the stationary points riddle?, i mean 'question'
    yeah me too although i don't think ill get the method marks. i just guessed that one in the end:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it was especially challenging considering I had to answer it in welsh whilst reading the English paper.
    ooh, i ended up writing like 7 lines to make sure my point was put across

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoThisIsStresful)
    yeah me too although i don't think ill get the method marks. i just guessed that one in the end:confused:
    I did exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    yeah exactly, i felt like most of the paper was a little odd compared to past C1 papers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.