Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to put +c for the final answer but I had it in my previous steps (before simplifying). Do you think I will still lose the mark?

I answered the questions, scanned them, uploaded them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenGeorge)
    I forgot to put +c for the final answer but I had it in my previous steps. Do you think I will still lose the mark?
    It depends on the state of your working. The official line on this is all the components have to be correctly written in a single expression. Now, if you had the +c on a line with everything integrated correctly, you might just get the accuracy mark. It's a close thing though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for question 5 i graphed the inequality. But since i had originally thought the surd was larger, i graphed 3-2r2 as a negative value, but i got the final possible values correct. Would i lose a mark?

ReputationRep:
    what grade would be 65-66%?? Low B or high C?

ReputationRep:
    please vote and see how another 265 students have voted in
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3322317

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ericadonnelly)
    for question 5 i graphed the inequality. But since i had originally thought the surd was larger, i graphed 3-2r2 as a negative value, but i got the final possible values correct. Would i lose a mark?
    I don't think you would lose a mark for that. Whether you graphed it on the positive x side or the negative, the possible set of values still must be smaller than 3-2sqrt2.
    Some people don't even use the graph method, some just picture it in their head

ReputationRep:
    What grade is 50/75 and how many UMS? I did so bad in that paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I answered the questions, scanned them, uploaded them.
    Thanks u bro but how did u grt out of yhe exam hall? ;O
    R u even a student? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    on the last question i did two attempts for part b but i left a page in between them will they look through the whole paper they wont miss any pages right? because i feel like they could miss that page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    please vote and see how another 265 students have voted in
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3322317
    There is poll on the official c1 thread already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    Sick I got 71 min. 73 max. Made some of the most stupid mistakes ever but should still be decent UMS
    i think i made the most stupid mistake by totally forgetting to calculate x in the question "express in terms of y blah blah blah" XDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy-Francis)
    There is poll on the official c1 thread already
    The poll on the official c1 thread got added recently More people have voted on the other one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    I don't think you would lose a mark for that. Whether you graphed it on the positive x side or the negative, the possible set of values still must be smaller than 3-2sqrt2.
    Some people don't even use the graph method, some just picture it in their head
    great to hear!!

ReputationRep:
    Would 65 be a certain a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same as me hahaha
    we had to write ineq seperately i wrote them together xzzzzz im such a moron i was thinking that i will write write seperate and i wrote them together. Omg wtf did i just do how many marks will i lose guys just 1 right? tho evrrything was correct. I just wrote them together :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    great to hear!!
    A tip for the future, if you ever need it. The y intercept for that line was +1 if you remember. So if it was on the negative side, there would be no way it could cut the y intercept on. If you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattematics)
    Any predictions for grade boundaries Arsey? I figured 59-61 for an A, sound reasonable?

Also, question 5 a, I didn't start out with b^2 - 4ac < 0. I started with > 0. How many marks would I have lost? I ended up with the right answer, I think.
    Probably 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usmanzubair)
    Same as me hahaha
    we had to write ineq seperately i wrote them together xzzzzz im such a moron i was thinking that i will write write seperate and i wrote them together. Omg wtf did i just do how many marks will i lose guys just 1 right? tho evrrything was correct. I just wrote them together :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where does it say to write them separately:eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.