Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The way I think of it there are a few important things to think about - ambition, isolation, turning point(Act 1 Scene 7) and maybe even betrayal. And then as long as you know your quotes and the text by looking at the question decide what it is asking you and how to relate to Macbeth. I always find drawing a wee flow chart at the top of my page helps just to briefly out line my plan. So if it was turning point, i'd have: 1. predictions/vacillating over whether to act on King prediction --- 2. T.P LM convinces Macbeth to commit regicide ----- impact - murder of Banquo + Macduff, isolation and insanity of Macbeth and eventual demise.

So throughout the essay you basically show how the turning point in ACT 1 scene 7 has an impact on the rest of the play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themoonisdown)
    Sorry i don't have a copy of the paper - my school doesn't seem to allow taking any papers out of the exam hall. And think it's went alright, being the perfectionist that i am I'm really hoping for a good A, but i know that I've lost 5 marks for definite and maybe 12 in total, 15-18 at the most i think. How did you find it? The first question on section 2 really caught me out :/
    Was it 4 then 2? The second part had a printing error regarding the mark allocation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza33)
    Was it 4 then 2? The second part had a printing error regarding the mark allocation.
    It was mitosis so both had 4 as daughter cells have same amount of chromosomes as original cell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbletea99)
    Macbeth and Norman MacCaig, I have no idea what to write for Macbeth though
    The way I think of it there are several key things - ambition, turning point, isolation, betrayal. So basically as long as you know they fit into the play and relate to Macbeth and the events in the play you'll be fine. Just know your quotes and text. Try writing a few practise essays or planning them out and see what quotes are important and used often.

So for example if the question was about the turning point and it's impact on the play, I would draw out a brief plan at the top of my page.:

predictions/vacillating over becoming king --- T.P - LM convinces Macbeth to murder Duncan and crown them both----- impact - Macbeth's psychological decline, continuation of murdering - Banquo + Macduff's, isolation of Macbeth/eventual demise

Have a look at some Int 2 questions to get an idea of what to do. hope this helps and your plan can be even more brief I was just showing you so it makes sense. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Was it 4? That question also had a printing error for the mark next to aii

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of section 2? (The written part of the paper)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shekabi08)
    Does anyone have a copy of section 2? (The written part of the paper)
    You wrote your answers on Section 2 so the paper is the answer booklet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interneruser111)
    It was mitosis so both had 4 as daughter cells have same amount of chromosomes as original cell
    wasn't sure for this question as it said the cell was in the early stages of mitosis and the first stage of mitosis is the chromosome replicating in the nucleas? so it was un clear wether they had already replicate themselves or not?? because if they had it would have been 2 but if not then four? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What was Q20? I think I put something different but I can't remember the question
    Think question 20 was B not A as when the algae dies, aerobic bacteria decompose it using up oxygen? not 100% sure though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In section 2 there was the question about the path water takes through a plant, I wrote about osmosis occurring, travelling up the xylem vessel but then was unsure whether the water evaporates by transpiration through the stomata or the gaps between the mesophyll cells?? someone help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RACHHAY)
    In section 2 there was the question about the path water takes through a plant, I wrote about osmosis occurring, travelling up the xylem vessel but then was unsure whether the water evaporates by transpiration through the stomata or the gaps between the mesophyll cells?? someone help
    i would say stomata.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about root hair cells, xylem tissue and evaporation through the stomata but it was only a two mark question (I think) so we should still get the marks if we've written enough!

ReputationRep:
    The way I think of it there are several key things - ambition, turning point, isolation, betrayal. So basically as long as you know they fit into the play and relate to Macbeth and the events in the play you'll be fine. Just know your quotes and text. Try writing a few practise essays or planning them out and see what quotes are important and used often.

So for example if the question was about the turning point and it's impact on the play, I would draw out a brief plan at the top of my page.:

predictions/vacillating over becoming king --- T.P - LM convinces Macbeth to murder Duncan and crown them both----- impact - Macbeth's psychological decline, continuation of murdering - Banquo + Macduff's, isolation of Macbeth/eventual demise

Have a look at some Int 2 questions to get an idea of what to do. hope this helps and your plan can be even more brief I was just showing you so it makes sense. Good Luck!
    Thankyou! I really hope a turning point essay comes up, as that's the only one I properly know how to do and have practiced...good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! I really hope a turning point essay comes up, as that's the only one I properly know how to do and have practiced...good luck for tomorrow!
    Your welcome and thanks hope the question favours us haha. I hope either turning point, theme/human issue(ambition) or isolation/breakdown of relationships. Theme and turning point came up last year though so hmm i'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Think question 20 was B not A as when the algae dies, aerobic bacteria decompose it using up oxygen? not 100% sure though :rolleyes:
    yeah think that's correct I had put B as well

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about root hair cells, xylem tissue and evaporation through the stomata but it was only a two mark question (I think) so we should still get the marks if we've written enough!
    I wrote about root hair cells, xylem tissue and transpiration. is it correct that transpiration is the diffusion of water out of the stomata or would I have to mention evaporation since it's water vapour?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about root hair cells, xylem tissue and transpiration. is it correct that transpiration is the diffusion of water out of the stomata or would I have to mention evaporation since it's water vapour?
    Is it not the same thing? I mentioned transpiration as well, but I don't think the word evaporation would be needed.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone manage to get a copy of the exam that they could send me/post - want to make grade estimation

ReputationRep:
    Is it not the same thing? I mentioned transpiration as well, but I don't think the word evaporation would be needed.
    yeah pretty sure it's the same but biology is weird in that certain words negate the mark etc. I feel pretty good about that question and other 2/3 markers except the mRNA one and the photosynthesis one since I stupidly put co2 instead of ATP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgiaBrown99)
    did anyone manage to get a copy of the exam that they could send me/post - want to make grade estimation
    (Original post by GeorgiaBrown99)
    yeah I would like one as well. Someone uploaded a copy of the physics paper on TSR today. Does anyone have biology?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.