Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didnt think it was that great, everyone in my school said they struggled! How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahJ2121)
    I didnt think it was that great, everyone in my school said they struggled! How did everyone else find it?
    What was the 10 marker on I don't do this exam board

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The cell membrane question and the solute potential one threw me. What did everyone write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    What was the 10 marker on I don't do this exam board

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Two options were biosensors and the advantages or mitochondria&chloroplast structure and function and how they are similar to prokaryotes

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was he hardest paper out of all the past papers ive done

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the two cells containing the dyed proteins. Im pretty sure i failed that Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahJ2121)
    Two options were biosensors and the advantages or mitochondria&chloroplast structure and function and how they are similar to prokaryotes
    What did you put for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i completely guessed and said that the phsopholipids are free to move and glycoproteins are involved in cell-cell recognition to allow the proteins from the other membrane to be liberated. i couldnt think of any more points it completely screwed me over, im gonna go over the paper with my bio teachers tomorrow, i resait it aswell and i dont know which was harder, this years or last years!
    (Original post by Neyha)
    What did everyone write for the two cells containing the dyed proteins. Im pretty sure i failed that Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylaar)
    i completely guessed and said that the phsopholipids are free to move and glycoproteins are involved in cell-cell recognition to allow the proteins from the other membrane to be liberated. i couldnt think of any more points it completely screwed me over, im gonna go over the paper with my bio teachers tomorrow, i resait it aswell and i dont know which was harder, this years or last years!
    im just praying the grade boundaries are low this year

ReputationRep:
    It was a horrible paper, grade boundaries will probably be low

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember what the question on the duration of prophase or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neyha)
    im just praying the grade boundaries are low this year
    i hope so, I cant afford to mess up again I really need an A If i can go over the paper with my teachers tomorrow i'll try to put up a markscheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhyswilliams98)
    anyone remember what the question on the duration of prophase or whatever?
    I got 72 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliivirxni)
    I got 72 minutes
    can you remember the exact question or na?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylaar)
    i hope so, I cant afford to mess up again I really need an A If i can go over the paper with my teachers tomorrow i'll try to put up a markscheme
    Thank youuu, that would be really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhyswilliams98)
    can you remember the exact question or na?
    They said that the number of cells in a stage corresponds to the length of the stage. There were 100 cells and 5 in prophase. And then something about length of prophase in 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliivirxni)
    I got 72 minutes
    i got 72 too. The question was something like 100 cells but only 5 involved in prophase, the cell cycle totals to 24hrs, how longs is prophase in minutes, and the percentage of cells is proportional to the length of the cycle. I remember only cos i stared way too long at the freakin q.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neyha)
    The question said "proteins taken from cell membranes" so I assumed intrinsic and extrinsic proteins and I said how they don't associate with certain parts of the bilayer hence the dots always remained separate Ahhhhhh what a stupid question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the 10 marker on biosensor??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did people get 50 base pairs for that calculation question??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.