Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "I feel un prepped"...yet you just listed all your preparation. Trust me, you're better prepared than my whole class.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else sitting geography tomorrow? Two two and a half hour exams with a half hour break between will not be okay. Lucky drama lets us bring in scripts or notes otherwise I'd be done in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lis9)
    Woyzeck section B how would you explore a directorial concept based in a prison e.g woyzeck and andres the prisoners how would you build upon this idea?!

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    You could use the other characters as figures within the prison, so the characters of the Drum Major, Doctor and Captain can be police officers who try to interrogate Woyzeck and Andres. That can then link to how those three characters have more authority and status over Woyzeck especially. You can then have some of the other characters, like the journeymen, as other prisoners, and Marie being a visitor to the prison regularly to see Woyzeck and the Drum Major. You can then talk about the lighting in the prison (maybe harsh and stark to link to German Expressionism), the potential use of minimal props if in a prison cell, and the costumes being used to signify the status of the charcters, if that helps at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccah1997)
    You could use the other characters as figures within the prison, so the characters of the Drum Major, Doctor and Captain can be police officers who try to interrogate Woyzeck and Andres. That can then link to how those three characters have more authority and status over Woyzeck especially. You can then have some of the other characters, like the journeymen, as other prisoners, and Marie being a visitor to the prison regularly to see Woyzeck and the Drum Major. You can then talk about the lighting in the prison (maybe harsh and stark to link to German Expressionism), the potential use of minimal props if in a prison cell, and the costumes being used to signify the status of the charcters, if that helps at all

thankyou ever so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! What do you discuss for design elements and stage space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmcque)
    Hi! What do you discuss for design elements and stage space
    stage space- position of characters on stage towards each other what does that tell you characters close to one another suggests comfort and safety if they are far away suggests anger resentment etc

design elements- set/props/costumes/lights

ReputationRep:
    Hey andrewm...
    I didn't mean it in a cocky way. It's just a gut feeling. The question could be horrible for all we know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!!

Is stage space more than that!?!? Does it not include audience position, actors interaction !?

ReputationRep:
    Oi guys, tell me you're anxious about tomorrow too! It suddenly just hit me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes..... hit me 20 mins ago

Last exam

(Original post by StudentFZ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What would you write for stage space????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there any other type of elements within drama?
    what are they?
    plus what do they mean? please lol

you never know what they might ask

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i can't help thats why I'm asking.... scared there going to do the same thing

(Original post by iamlouisa_g)
    is there any other type of elements within drama?
    what are they?
    plus what do they mean? please lol

you never know what they might ask

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do in the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do in the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought It went really well, how about yourself? I am so happy that all the hours of preparation has seemed to have been worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Lysistrata for sections A and B, and then we saw Omidaze's production of Henry VI for Section C.
    No-one in our class really knows what to do with any of the sections and we only have 2 weeks of teaching time left.
    Any help/resources to assist writing the essays would be greatly appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

We've had massive problems with our drama teachers this year (now on the third one!) and as a consequence we haven't really done our concepts. With less than a month to the exam its fair to say I am FREAKING OUT!

So how did you all go about developing your concepts? I just don't know where to start - I've tried looking for checklist style things online but I can't seem to find anything.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hope everyone is surviving!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.