Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got the same as this except C for 1 and C for 16. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweatpea_98)
    I put starch as I wasn't sure whether glucose was a complex molecule :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put starch too as i defo know that is a complex molecule as I learnt from home ec last haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    I put starch too as i defo know that is a complex molecule as I learnt from home ec last haha.
    There is some information on complex molecules on page 82 of the how to pass book if you have it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_ L_ K)
    There is some information on complex molecules on page 82 of the how to pass book if you have it
    Yeah the answers are vitamins, beef extract and fatty acid so I guess starch isn't one then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the one about the lettuce being shredded? It was such a weird question?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put D which was plant vertebrates animals but I had no idea and we have never learnt that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was in the revised higher paper as well, I put Plants > Vertebrates > animals also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenuin)
    That was in the revised higher paper as well, I put Plants > Vertebrates > animals also.
    The answer was A which is animals, vertebrates then plants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The answer was A which is animals, vertebrates then plants

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have a copy of the question? I thought it asked for order of which came first? I may have misread the question and done them in the wrong order... D:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545113.439490.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  159.4 KB
    Here is the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545113.439490.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  159.4 KB
    Here is the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you still sure the answer is A??? Surely plants occured before vertabrates, which occured before animals? I still am confident the answer is D.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Are you still sure the answer is A??? Surely plants occured before vertabrates, which occured before animals? I still am confident the answer is D.. :/
    Well I thought it was D but someone googled it and it says A in one of the text books?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought it was D but someone googled it and it says A in one of the text books?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah plants evolved before animals did so I am confident the answer is D

What was the answer you put for the one beneath it? Do you have a picture of it? Our paper was write on so we didn't get to keep it but we had both those questions as well

ReputationRep:
    yeah plants evolved before animals did so I am confident the answer is D

What was the answer you put for the one beneath it? Do you have a picture of it? Our paper was write on so we didn't get to keep it but we had both those questions as well
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545658.790195.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  149.4 KB
    I put D for that one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545658.790195.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  149.4 KB
    I put D for that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eeech :/ I see now D was the right answer but I put B, I didn't really understand the question I ran out of time to check over my answers for multiple choice, I finished with only 2 mins left, our paper had 30 multiple choice questions, took me ages -_-

ReputationRep:
    Eeech :/ I see now D was the right answer but I put B, I didn't really understand the question I ran out of time to check over my answers for multiple choice, I finished with only 2 mins left, our paper had 30 multiple choice questions, took me ages -_-
    Yeah I didn't have much time either to throughly check my answers...ah well there isn't much I could change seeing as a lot of the problem solving I had to guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    That cabbage question though...
    What did you put for the first part? About why they shred the cabbage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the first part? About why they shred the cabbage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    More surface area for the yeast/bacteria to act on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinababy)
    More surface area for the yeast/bacteria to act on?
    Yes that seems logical I thought about that but I decided to go with there was a higher surface area which meant that more light was absorbed so more photosynthesis occurred.... Which produced glucose...then the glucose was used in respiration?? Something along those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes that seems logical I thought about that but I decided to go with there was a higher surface area which meant that more light was absorbed so more photosynthesis occurred.... Which produced glucose...then the glucose was used in respiration?? Something along those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But wasn't the question more about the effect this had on the ethanol production of the bacteria? Plus the cabbage was shredded like basically dead and the package was airtight which would not have helped photosynthesis? Tbh your guess is as good as mine

What did you put for part B? It was something what aspect of the process helped the bacteria and prevented other bacteria from growing?

ReputationRep:
    It depends how you define plant and animal but the cfe bio book basically said A.
    The purple arrow says millions of years ago.
    Attached Images

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.