Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN239)
    Yay!
    1) He said he felt more prepared aswell and something about starting the car.

Which 4 did you tick for question 2? Los carriles - out of curiosity
    Answers were A, C, D and H. Hopefully this question also went well for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeggo)
    Answers were A, C, D and H. Hopefully this question also went well for you.

Ooo no, I can't remember what C, D and H were (do you?) but i definitely didn't tick A.

What made you tick that it was in the open air? I didn't understand that at all.
    I actually thought they were trying to catch me out as they mentioned the centre of the a working city haha

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about really basic stuff in my essay like cleaning beach and cooking for homeless, do you think I will get lower mark for lack of imagination/ higher vocab or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN239)
    Ooo no, I can't remember what C, D and H were (do you?) but i definitely didn't tick A.

What made you tick that it was in the open air? I didn't understand that at all.
    I actually thought they were trying to catch me out as they mentioned the centre of the a working city haha

I think c and D were that the Asuncion is a problem or something like that and he explains the timings of it and I think H may have been he has to tell others how to use it or something like that, correct me if im wrong but that's just from my memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyreed)
    i wrote about really basic stuff in my essay like cleaning beach and cooking for homeless, do you think I will get lower mark for lack of imagination/ higher vocab or something?
    I don't think so as that's good content which is fine, you explained what you did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN239)
    Ooo no, I can't remember what C, D and H were (do you?) but i definitely didn't tick A.What made you tick that it was in the open air? I didn't understand that at all.I actually thought they were trying to catch me out as they mentioned the centre of the a working city haha
    The woman talked about the speech being in a plaza, so that means it was outdoors and in open air.
    C was talking about how traffic is a problem
    D asked if they explained about the dates when the bike lanes would be built
    H asked if the residents would be informed on how the bike lanes work

ReputationRep:
    The woman talked about the speech being in a plaza, so that means it was outdoors and in open air.
    C was talking about how traffic is a problem
    D asked if they explained about the dates when the bike lanes would be built
    H asked if the residents would be informed on how the bike lanes work
    Wow, loooool oh no how embarrassing - I was lit so confused.
    Got 3/4 then. Thank you for sharing what you put down by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN239)
    Wow, loooool oh no how embarrassing - I was lit so confused.
    Got 3/4 then. Thank you for sharing what you put down by the way!
    No problem, glad I could help

ReputationRep:
    No problem, glad I could help
    Sorry, last question - feel like I'm bombarding you.
    Did we have to follow the particular stimulus for the essay question as i didn't really read it carefully because i was running out of time and started writing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN239)
    Sorry, last question - feel like I'm bombarding you.
    Did we have to follow the particular stimulus for the essay question as i didn't really read it carefully because i was running out of time and started writing!
    Pretty sure we didn't have to, at least it didn't say you had to.

ReputationRep:
    Markscheme (my opinion):
    Q1 - listening
    Kids didn't go to school previously
    Different aged pupils
    2 activities at once
    His father can't read

Q2 - listening
    reunión
    dificil
    nadie
    iré

Q3 - listening
    Talk took place outdoors
    Traffic is a problem in the region
    He mentioned how long it would take
    It is necessary to tell residents how the new system will work

Q4 - listening
    6 drivers finished ahead of him
    Feels well prepared, more experienced than previously, confident, can't wait for season to begin
    Mexico haven't had an F1 driver for a long time, F1 is popular in mexico
    Everyone called Carlos has that nickname
    His early years in F1 were difficult
    Young drivers have to work hard every day

Q1 - reading
    can't quite remember this one, it was about illnesses, was pretty obvious from what i remember

Q2 - reading
    Either left or right foot vibrates helping to direct the person towards their destination
    A bag which charges mobile phones using solar energy (there were other options for this one)
    Its important to keep the technology hidden/discrete in the design of the product
    USA is good for inventors because there are professionals out there solely dedicated to inventions
    He gives them the opportunity to go to the USA and pitch ideas to investors (guessed the investors bit)

Q3 - reading
    figure referred to unemployment amongst 25 year olds
    Struggled with this one - i put qualifications help you avoid the dole and avoid social exclusion
    These courses are good for young people because they can earn a salary and they get a qualification
    Some companies prefer a certain course because they don't have to pay the young people a salary
    Over 25s won't benefit once economy improves
    Scheme introduced because it was successful in Germany
    Companies need to work together so they can reap the benefits of these training schemes

I normally do well on listening and reading section, but don't put too much trust in this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianPeppers)
    Markscheme (my opinion):
    Q1 - listening
    Kids didn't go to school previously
    Different aged pupils
    2 activities at once
    His father can't read

Q2 - listening
    reunión
    dificil
    nadie
    iré

Q3 - listening
    Talk took place outdoors
    Traffic is a problem in the region
    He mentioned how long it would take
    It is necessary to tell residents how the new system will work

Q4 - listening
    6 drivers finished ahead of him
    Feels well prepared, more experienced than previously, confident, can't wait for season to begin
    Mexico haven't had an F1 driver for a long time, F1 is popular in mexico
    Everyone called Carlos has that nickname
    His early years in F1 were difficult
    Young drivers have to work hard every day

Q1 - reading
    can't quite remember this one, it was about illnesses, was pretty obvious from what i remember

Q2 - reading
    Either left or right foot vibrates helping to direct the person towards their destination
    A bag which charges mobile phones using solar energy (there were other options for this one)
    Its important to keep the technology hidden/discrete in the design of the product
    USA is good for inventors because there are professionals out there solely dedicated to inventions
    He gives them the opportunity to go to the USA and pitch ideas to investors (guessed the investors bit)

Q3 - reading
    figure referred to unemployment amongst 25 year olds
    Struggled with this one - i put qualifications help you avoid the dole and avoid social exclusion
    These courses are good for young people because they can earn a salary and they get a qualification
    Some companies prefer a certain course because they don't have to pay the young people a salary
    Over 25s won't benefit once economy improves
    Scheme introduced because it was successful in Germany
    Companies need to work together so they can reap the benefits of these training schemes

I normally do well on listening and reading section, but don't put too much trust in this
    I got the exact same

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn it was a worldwide journey that he had planned....

ReputationRep:
    What were the answers on Q1 on the reading? The one about illnesses? I think i got 10/20 on the listening

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How'd you guys find this exam? I found it quite easy, but that's because I'm fluent in Spanish. If you guys want to know any of the answers, feel free to ask me
    For the writing, does it make sense to say 'quise aportar mi granito de arena?' The phrase is 'nuestro grano' not 'mi grano' so now I'm doubting if what I put works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannaf)
    What were the answers on Q1 on the reading? The one about illnesses? I think i got 10/20 on the listening

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Roughly:
    Flu - things have been put in place to help vulnerable people
    Obesity - will cost more in the future
    Fatigue - scientists don't know the causes, it can affect the mind too
    Forgotten the fourth one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uncommonsensing)
    Roughly:
    Flu - things have been put in place to help vulnerable people
    Obesity - will cost more in the future
    Fatigue - scientists don't know the causes, it can affect the mind too
    Forgotten the fourth one
    Thankyou! Wasn't the last one washing hands?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uncommonsensing)
    For the writing, does it make sense to say 'quise aportar mi granito de arena?' The phrase is 'nuestro grano' not 'mi grano' so now I'm doubting if what I put works
    Don't worry, still makes sense.

Thankyou! Wasn't the last one washing hands?Posted from TSR Mobile
    Answers to the first reading were:
    C - Fatigue
    B - Obesity
    C - Fatigue
    A - Gripe
    D - Infections

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! Wasn't the last one washing hands?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's it!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, still makes sense.

Answers to the first reading were:
    C - Fatigue
    B - Obesity
    C - Fatigue
    A - Gripe
    D - Infections
    Thankyou for putting this up. I think i got them all right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.