Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaomar3737)
    hopefully, what about coasts? im feeling a conflict matrix
    What's a conflict matrix??

ReputationRep:
    the conflict between different group in coastal development is presented on a martix( basically a grid with crosses where there maybe conflict between 2 groups)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrydc123)
    I'm thinking something along the lines of limitations/weaknesses of fieldwork and research? Maybe something we've not seen before
    Oh god please no

ReputationRep:

^example of a conflict matrix (blank) for Jurassic Coast
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    We've got to know: Bournemouth, Blackpool, Southampton, Holderness Coast and Asian Tsunami :O As someone has already said, one was about coastal development and the other was just general re-imaging so I doubt they'll come up

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how Jurassic Coast / Dibden Bay is being managed? Forgot my management techniques atm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisb8)
    Anyone know how Jurassic Coast / Dibden Bay is being managed? Forgot my management techniques atm..
    Isn't the jurassic coast a world heritage site and therefore can't be managed. Not sure about dibden bay, only used that as a case study for pressures on the coast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grimmster2015)
    We've got to know: Bournemouth, Blackpool, Southampton, Holderness Coast and Asian Tsunami :O As someone has already said, one was about coastal development and the other was just general re-imaging so I doubt they'll come up
    Coastal development could still come up as the 15 marker..........

ReputationRep:
    Any final tips guys?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    Coastal development could still come up as the 15 marker..........
    Could do... For an A you need 48/70 which is quite low???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grimmster2015)
    Could do... For an A you need 48/70 which is quite low???
    That is 7/10,7/10 and 10/15 which is still pretty hard. Considering the timing aswell if you miss a question.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    That is 7/10,7/10 and 10/15 which is still pretty hard. Considering the timing aswell if you miss a question.......
    Only 68% for an A?

The grade boundaries are lower than I thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KommunistCake)
    Only 68% for an A?

The grade boundaries are lower than I thought...
    It's very easy to lose marks though so be careful.
    SAO sucks btw.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing some quick remembering on case studies for the last 20 minutes before I have to go into the exam hall.
    I wish you all good luck.

ReputationRep:
    How was it? I only found the Source for coasts a bit tough but maybe im stupid, how did people tackle it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Praveen101)
    How was it? I only found the Source for coasts a bit tough but maybe im stupid, how did people tackle it?

I found the source tough too! I hate this exam because the timings make me feel so underpressure"..it's like a rush to finish :/

ReputationRep:
    MY school found it atrocious.

And the dumb q about culture. We only learnt one case study so I was screwed when I saw it said examples

Also pressures of what like wth
    ugh officially failed both geo papers and wasted so much time on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terryhb)
    It's very easy to lose marks though so be careful.
    SAO sucks btw.
    I reckon I did lose a few marks here and there...

Also, SAO is great in my book

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys do for the 15 marker on coastal pressures?

I made a trainwreck of that one.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that it was okay, the first question on the crowded coasts side was weird and I basically wrote a load of crap. However I do have a very serious question, does it matter if I didn't cross the section i completed? I know I crossed the crowded coasts section but I'm worried I didnt for the rebranding places.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.