Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimePrime)
    Did ST = 36?
    Couldn't do that one, ran out of time. its 10:00 next thing the dudes saying 5 minutes left :L

ReputationRep:
    i was writing till the very end, figured out how to do q8 but time was up, just disappointed about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeepFan)
    i was writing till the very end, figured out how to do q8 but time was up, just disappointed about that
    Yeah 5 more mins was all I needed but, you know WJEC....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adangu)
    Yeah 5 more mins was all I needed but, you know WJEC....
    tbh tho, if i had an extra 5 minutes i probably would have wasted it earlier in the paper and been in the same situation :/

ReputationRep:
    tbh tho, if i had an extra 5 minutes i probably would have wasted it earlier in the paper and been in the same situation :/
    Literally as it was making sense and I start to write it down, times up.

Still happy with the exam though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adangu)
    Literally as it was making sense and I start to write it down, times up.

Still happy with the exam though
    yeah overall i'm happy, it wasn't as surprising as C1 was for me

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was quite standard. It was nicer than last years. I lost marks on the last question.

ReputationRep:
    I heard many of you had time problems. I finished the first 8 questions in an hour. Then i spend 30 mins trying to do question 9. Still couldn't do it. Im pretty sure i aced the rest of the paper though. The arithmetic first principals question and the first geometric question where it asked you to find the 5th term. Both came up on jan 2013 paper which i was doing last night so i was happy with those.

ReputationRep:
    the last question i just used the area of sectors, triangles and circles rules. once you figured out the angle they gave you was that sector it was quite straight forward

ReputationRep:
    the last question i just used the area of sectors, triangles and circles rules. once you figured out the angle they gave you was that sector it was quite straight forward
    Did you get ~2.1 to ~1.0 as the areas of white and red respectively?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Did you get ~2.1 to ~1.0 as the areas of white and red respectively?
    i had that thetar^2/2 = 1.3r^2, then area of the triangle = sin2.6 r^2so the smaller flowerbed was 1.04...r^2
    Then the area of circle = pi r^2 ,take away the smaller flowerbed, (1.04...r^2) = 2.09...r^2

and then just stated that 2.09... (larger flowerbed) is roughly twice 1.04... (smaller flowerbed)

ReputationRep:
    i had that thetar^2/2 = 1.3r^2, then area of the triangle = sin2.6 r^2so the smaller flowerbed was 1.04...r^2
    Then the area of circle = pi r^2 ,take away the smaller flowerbed, (1.04...r^2) = 2.09...r^2

and then just stated that 2.09... (larger flowerbed) is roughly twice 1.04... (smaller flowerbed)
    That's what I had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    That's what I had.
    God dammit, how come i did every single other question correct but i couldnt do this one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manjot97)
    God dammit, how come i did every single other question correct but i couldnt do this one...
    what did you try to do?

ReputationRep:
    what did you try to do?
    wrote down equations for sector and segment and triangle. thats it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manjot97)
    wrote down equations for sector and segment and triangle. thats it
    well there should be some method marks?

ReputationRep:
    anyone knows where to find edexcel c2 unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    well there should be some method marks?
    Yup that's what im hoping for. How did the rest of the paper go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlekid)
    anyone knows where to find edexcel c2 unofficial mark scheme?
    probably the edexcel thread?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I performed too well....but, however well anyone thinks they did, should also know that there's a lot more to success than exams, and even if you failed all your a levels this doesnt necessarily mean that you will be any less succesful/wealthy than those who achieve straight A's. In the grand scheme of things exam grades are worthless, and serve no more than an indicator to how interested and dedicated to achieving a high grade in that specific subject. (also a very good way to fall into the trap of being landed in thousands of pounds of debt working for other people your whole life, if you couldn't guess, I'm of course talking about university)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2015

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.