Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza_27)
    it was sea water
    do you think I could get a mark for writing sodium chloride?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that basically sea water? At least mark I would say

ReputationRep:
    hey, out of interest how did it go for you guys? do you think the grade boundaries are going to be higher or lower than last years paper (which was 50/60). I've messed up 1 or two 3/4 marks questions and made a few silly mistakes,so im quite concerned. do you think ,say, 50 or 48 could be an A* this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123qwertyuio)
    hey, out of interest how did it go for you guys? do you think the grade boundaries are going to be higher or lower than last years paper (which was 50/60). I've messed up 1 or two 3/4 marks questions and made a few silly mistakes,so im quite concerned. do you think ,say, 50 or 48 could be an A* this time?
    Last years paper was way easier then this year. So I think the grade bounderies will go down a bit

ReputationRep:
    that paper... for the second six marker I wrote copper is alloyed rather than iron. I wrote this as and additional paragraph to my diagrams and explanation about gold alloy. Can i still get a top band for this question do you guys think? I also felt i didnt write enough for the other six marker. i talked about ease of ignition, b.pnts, length of hydrocarbon, viscosity and just said petrol is use for car fuel and bitumen is used for road surfacing due to waterproof it- which i realize now is wrong. Out of six??:confused::bawling:

ah i counted up 57/60 maybe im looking at 53/60 instead.. thank goodness my CA was good

ReputationRep:
    When it asked for the oxygen left from 50cm I did 50-20 which left me with 30 , however my friends wrote 29 coz there was 21 of oxygen, do you think I will still get the mark even though I did 20 oxygen??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    When it asked for the oxygen left from 50cm I did 50-20 which left me with 30 , however my friends wrote 29 coz there was 21 of oxygen, do you think I will still get the mark even though I did 20 oxygen??
    Both answers are wrong. 21% of 50 = 10.5

50-10.5= 39.5

So, sorry, do don't think you'll get the mark for the answer. But if there was a method mark, you could have got that....

ReputationRep:
    I counted up to about 48/60 what grade you think that probably is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    I counted up to about 48/60 what grade you think that probably is
    A or A* depending on if they lower the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask what everyone wrote for what you would see when copper carbonate decomposes? I wrote fizzing and turns to liquid? Will i get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for what is a unsaturated hyrocarbon (3) And the test for alkene (2)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyN)
    What did you guys write for what is a unsaturated hyrocarbon (3) And the test for alkene (2)?
    the answer was has a carbon-carbon double bond and is made of only hydrogen and carbon atoms.
    Turns bromine water from brown/orange/yellow to colourless

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure about that paper. I thought it was harder than the 2014... what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be for A* and A??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123qwertyuio)
    The june 2014 boundary was 53/60 for A* so i wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as that, because it was about the same difficulty paper, sorry to say

ReputationRep:
    what should i have talked about when comparing petrol and bitumen?
    (i put uses,boiling point,viscosity,ease of ignition and length of hydrocarbon down in my answer.)

ReputationRep:
    i think so to be honest it was fairly easy. What did you get for the poly(chloroethene) question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzasalim)
    Isn't that basically sea water? At least mark I would say
    but it said common name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayeshahanaa)
    i think so to be honest it was fairly easy. What did you get for the poly(chloroethene) question?
    there was a question on poly(propane) and that was d

ReputationRep:
    What about the one property that makes poly(propene) useful for making boat ropes?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it defo was D ☺️
    (Original post by Rensark)
    Good and the polypropene multiple choice question was D?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.