Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AS law, that takes me back a few years. About to go and sit my second year tort law exam... wish I was doing an AS one, that's all I can say!

ReputationRep:
    Yh same, it was straight forward. Our teacher predicted the golden rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I ****ed the last question up on lay people haha, started talking about disadvantages as well not just advantages -_- what a ******* I feel like 😂

ReputationRep:
    At least you didn't use mischief cases to talk about the golden rule... kicking myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackpethick)
    I ****ed the last question up on lay people haha, started talking about disadvantages as well not just advantages -_- what a ******* I feel like 😂
    Yh I did that but luckily I'd only written a small paragraph so I crossed it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    How did everyone find that?

Very easy to be honest, expected a lot of those questions. Revised everything though so was prepared.
    Nice paper. Feel like I got full UMS.

ReputationRep:
    Loved this exam! Thought the questions for delegated legislation, judicial precedent and criminal courts and lay people were an absolute gift

ReputationRep:
    What was the final question about lay persons, people in my class said it was advantages, some said it was advantages and disadvantages and some said it was just disadvantages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 23six)
    Nice paper. Feel like I got full UMS.
    me too lmao it was great!!

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 70+ marks did well on delegated legislation and statutory interpretation (probably got near full marks) however criminal courts and lay people i didn't do to well on because i didn't revise. Did anyone else find this exam easier compared to previous years

ReputationRep:
    Questions for delegated legislation,judicial precedent and ADR were a dream 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genericname96)
    What was the final question about lay persons, people in my class said it was advantages, some said it was advantages and disadvantages and some said it was just disadvantages?
    it was just advantages for lay magistrates and jurors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genericname96)
    It was advantages of using lay persons in the criminal justice process. Thank god I didn't get caught out but I guess under the timed conditions it's an easy mistake to make. I made sure I stuck to each question no longer than 10 minutes as a general rule but for some I did spend a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    One question. Would this earn 5 marks [PC(A)] for Green and White Papers?

Pre-legislative process.
    Green paper is consultative doc. Bill proposal and comments from interested parties.
    Amendments reflected in White Paper.
    Court and Legal Services Act 1990 was preceded by 3 GPs and a WP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    It was advantages of using lay persons in the criminal justice process. Thank god I didn't get caught out but I guess under the timed conditions it's an easy mistake to make. I made sure I stuck to each question no longer than 10 minutes as a general rule but for some I did spend a bit longer
    Yh, luckily I finished the first question quickly on the literal rule for statutory interpretation so I had spare time for the rest of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jampot98)
    Yh, luckily I finished the first question quickly on the literal rule for statutory interpretation so I had spare time for the rest of the paper.
    Ahh okay that was like me on the judicial precedents and delegated legislation questions I spent about 12-13 minutes on some of the questions as I always write a little bit less for he criminal courts and lay people part lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Ahh okay that was like me on the judicial precedents and delegated legislation questions I spent about 12-13 minutes on some of the questions as I always write a little bit less for he criminal courts and lay people part lol
    Yh there's isn't much content for criminal courts and lay people.
    For question 17 I wasn't too sure what to write, so I just wrote anything that I could think of in relation to a magistrate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShanLouise1997)
    Questions for delegated legislation,judicial precedent and ADR were a dream 😁
    i know!!! i did those feel so happy

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jampot98;56116879]Yh there's isn't much content for criminal courts and lay people.
    For question 17 I wasn't too sure what to write, so I just wrote anything that I could think of in relation to a magistrate!

Oh yeah I think I put that they hear 97% of all criminal cases and therefor it is a cheap and efficient way of operating the justice process in addition to it being open to the public and the fundamental right of being tried by peers something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the first question on delegated legislation I only put by laws and forgot to put statutory instruments, what is the maximum mark that I can get

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.