Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did the exam also. I found it so so hard. My Spanish teacher went through the answers on reading paper after...didn't do so well Worst Exam EVER. 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    They were talking about technology/Internet and the effects, my answers was they his routine showed that they're addicted to the Internet, and the last question was about future hotels and how they're going to have to change as they're main customers are people traveling for work so they're going to have to be more homely and in the future identical to a home, and it was talking about features such as a robot which would serve you 24/7 and identify your mood though facial expressions and also how hotel workers will need to know what the customer likes by talking to them ect...

okay good!! thank you for your help !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilygrace99)
    okay good!! thank you for your help !
    No prob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIST_123)
    Did the exam also. I found it so so hard. My Spanish teacher went through the answers on reading paper after...didn't do so well Worst Exam EVER.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just wondering- how did your teacher get the paper so quickly?? thought we weren't allowed to see it again for a month and they get it 24 hours later? either way I'm sure its okay, they'll adjust grade boundaries:smile:

ReputationRep:
    just wondering- how did your teacher get the paper so quickly?? thought we weren't allowed to see it again for a month and they get it 24 hours later? either way I'm sure its okay, they'll adjust grade boundaries:smile:
    Not sure but they gave her a copy of the exam papers and the CD for the listening. Hopefully it will be low grade boundaries this year (fingers crossed).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it? and does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    they definitely will be low. Probably about 24 for an A*.(listening)
    31 for an A* (reading)
    (look at June 2013 grade boundaries , probably the easiest exams for me
    31? That's a lot. I swear that paper was so bloody depressing. All the mocks have been a breeze, but this was completely different and that's not fair. If I knew it was challenging (and that's good to be fair) I would have prepared more. I've never got below an A* in Spanish (I got full marks in 2014) and if I found that paper ridiculous the grade boundaries should definitely be low.

I have even thought "this listening is really hard I'll just get full marks in reading" ...what an earth was that.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRmartha)
    how did everyone find it? and does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme??
    Oh god it was horrible, I've survived it and everyone seems to have done bad from what I've checked on Twitter and TSR, praying for low grade boundaries. I really want an A or an A* but I think my coursework will save me anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyheyeee)
    31? That's a lot. I swear that paper was so bloody depressing. All the mocks have been a breeze, but this was completely different and that's not fair. If I knew it was challenging (and that's good to be fair) I would have prepared more. I've never got below an A* in Spanish (I got full marks in 2014) and if I found that paper ridiculous the grade boundaries should definitely be low.

I have even thought "this listening is really hard I'll just get full marks in reading" ...what an earth was that.........
    Wait I'm confused. Do you mean 24 out of 60? Because that's what the listening was out of. I mean, it was a VERY HARD test but isn't that just too low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahanara)
    Wait I'm confused. Do you mean 24 out of 60? Because that's what the listening was out of. I mean, it was a VERY HARD test but isn't that just too low?
    40....always out of 40. I wouldn't be surprised if grade boundary was 20/40 (for A* ) it was that bad. It wasn't for our level. All the mocks have been easy then they can't expect us to get 35 in this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyheyeee)
    40....always out of 40. I wouldn't be surprised if grade boundary was 20/40 (for A* ) it was that bad. It wasn't for our level. All the mocks have been easy then they can't expect us to get 35 in this.
    OH JUST REALIZED YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT GCSE!! I did igcse so that's probably different, since I saw 60 on the paper idk. But igcse was so hard as well omg! Hopefully I'm not the only one who feels that...

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure if you did the same paper as me as i live overseas but was Q4 listening one about a festival for you?? I thought it was hard!!

I said it lasted 9 days, and he liked the music as he hadn't heard it since he was young/reminded him of his childhood. Then for part 2 I said its dangerous because you can get robbed, and that you must always stay with a friend and not bring valuables, and that next summer he was going to stay with his brother in Valencia???
    Not surprised if I got 0 on that- got A*s in both mocks but this seemed like the hardest paper so far!
    I had a question on festivals and found it really hard. i am also aiming for an a* with already an a* in my controlled assessment. I didn't really understand the internet or dream hotel questions (in the reading paper) but understood most of the rest of it.

ReputationRep:
    THAT SPANISH EXAM MY GOD
    I was so upset a the end of it

My coursework is half mark into the A*, and I wanted an overall A*..but that's not going to happen is it...

The Listening was SO BLADDY HARD..i mean for half of it, I couldn't even hear anything..that was until the festival question...then I put my hand up and asked for it to be louder and they shouted at me...woops;/

Even when I could hear it, I found it extremely difficult and praying for low grade boundaries. I mean, the first half of question 8 was ridiculous...about Eugenia and Salcador???

RIDICULOUS.

Everything just seemed so hard...I wanted a B on it like my mock but that's not going to even happen now...

The Reading is usually my strong point with normally A*s but I mean, today was HARD.
    My Spanish teacher told me that the level of difficulty went up this year anyways.

The dream hotel question completely threw me off and I think I found a quarter of that SUPER HARD.

I needed a B and A* to get an A* overall, but I think I got a C and B..which I am so upset about

oh well...its not like I wasn't going to take it for a levels...

MEH. NOW IM TAKING GEOGRAPHY A LEVEL INSTEAD.

ReputationRep:
    I did awful. Listening was really hard, I barely knew any of the vocab. Past papers were much easier than this years.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    IGCSE was impossible, we had to do this reading on patagonian horse riders which made little sense to me, and my god the listening... My brother who did normal gcse last year answers in english and only ever wrote spanish in coursework(which i never did any) I wish I was a year older.

ReputationRep:
    Reading was good but jesus christ was listening difficult

ReputationRep:
    Eugenia and Salvador, didn't have the slightest clue who was who, as they kept saying each other's names

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I get a C overall but really want a B.

ReputationRep:
    On the reading was i the only one that got a question about Argentinian Cowboys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadonGhost)
    Eugenia and Salvador, didn't have the slightest clue who was who, as they kept saying each other's names
    yeah i couldn't tell the difference between them as i only got answers for salvador, guessed the 2nd column totally, but probably got them confused and lost all the marks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.