Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hate it and still have a year left.
    Part of the problem is that I live in Northern Ireland, which speaks for itself. But even worse is that I go to a grammar school and have been going to school with these people for sooooooo long. I also went to the prep school, and there are 35 people in my year that I have been educated alongside since I was 4 years old.
    I want a break, is what I'm saying. I need new experiences, and I need to leave Northern Ireland.
    GCSEs are so depressingly boring, and I can't describe how much I hated 4th and 5th form. Junior School from when I was 11 till I was 14 was still pretty bad, but it hadn't sunk in for me that I had to stay for another 4 years!
    Lower 6th has been more enjoyable, but now I just want to leave. If I could leave NI tomorrow and go to Uni I could.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 13 now and still don't miss years 7-11 one little bit. Sure I had little to no stress for the most part, had a more secure and close-knit group of friends, my parents were still together, more relatives were alive and life was simpler etc etc. But I was painfully shy, self-conscious, gloomy, developed ridiculous crushes, had a me vs them relationship with my parents, didn't really talk to anyone outside of my immediate friendship group, me and my friends were immature and there was that whole concept of 'popularity' looming. I'm much happier now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack182)
    Everyone who says they won't miss school is either lying to try and sound cool, or don't understand how school is the best time of your life.

I said I would never miss school, how could I? Crap food, forced to do subjects I have no interest in, crappy teachers, what is TO LIKE?

And then I went to work, now in uni and realize, like my sister, brother, mother, father and EVERY adult in my life told me while i was at school, "School is the best time of your life I promise you" They were RIGHT. I never believed them, but they were so right. School is the best time of your life, and you won't realize it for 5 maybe 10 years.

Welcome to the real world now!
    No, not everyone has the same opinion as you. You can't just generalise everyone who says they didn't like school. Just because you found it better than your life now doesn't mean everyone will. I certainly won't.
    There are PLENTY of people who never liked school who weren't lying or 'trying to sound cool' (that's a pretty naive thing to say) and who will much prefer adult life. Please don't impose your opinion onto other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    I actually feel pretty depressed leaving school. I’ll miss sitting in lessons doing nothing, squeezing through the crowded halls at the end of every lesson, seeing friendly faces I never speak to, daydreaming out the windows on rainy days, that feeling I used to get when the girl I liked was around, pretending to listen to what the whole meaning of the book is in English and those childish drawings of dicks and curses in my notebooks. I guess those adults who say that their ‘best years in life were in school’ were right.

Sorry for the sobby post ahaha
    That never goes away.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone saying no will say yes in 10 years time, it's because you're all fresh from leaving and beginning a new chapter in your life is always more exciting

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing a lot of 'No's' in this thread, but tbh, as much as I hate to admit it, I will miss it. I'm on study leave right now, and even now, walking into school with my friends in the empty hallways while people are in class, I can almost predict the nostalgia ready to get me sooner of later. Face it guys, as much as the teachers were annoying, homework was a huge CBA and the 5 years of detaching yourself from your bed at around 7am, at the end we so will miss it .

ReputationRep:
    I will never miss it but i will kinda

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel pretty depressed leaving school. I’ll miss sitting in lessons doing nothing, squeezing through the crowded halls at the end of every lesson, seeing friendly faces I never speak to, daydreaming out the windows on rainy days, that feeling I used to get when the girl I liked was around, pretending to listen to what the whole meaning of the book is in English and those childish drawings of dicks and curses in my notebooks. I guess those adults who say that their ‘best years in life were in school’ were right.

Just reading this makes me feel sad. I'm not planning on staying at my sixth form for a number of reasons but I am going to miss my school so much! I go to a girls school so it's really tight-knit. Everyone is so close and open about everything, I remember mucking around in year 7-10 and I will miss doing f**k all in the lessons I hate. High school has held some of the best years of my life and not seeing some of the people who've helped shape me is the saddest thought ever. I have bonded so well with some of the pupils and teachers and it's a shame to have to leave the 5 years I've had here. Of course I'll always remember it and it will always have a place in my heart. So to answer your question, I will miss it so damn much.

Wow, that sounded very soppy and emotional!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. How can I miss something that I dread to go to everyday? Yes in a couple of years people change their mind because they forget how they felt then and they only remember significant memories (normally good ones)

This may not apply to everyone but I will never miss school

ReputationRep:
    If I end up moving I know I'll be going to a great school but I will miss the friends I leave behind and the teachers that have helped me so much. The other schools not that far away anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    Just reading this makes me feel sad. I'm not planning on staying at my sixth form for a number of reasons but I am going to miss my school so much! I go to a girls school so it's really tight-knit. Everyone is so close and open about everything, I remember mucking around in year 7-10 and I will miss doing f**k all in the lessons I hate. High school has held some of the best years of my life and not seeing some of the people who've helped shape me is the saddest thought ever. I have bonded so well with some of the pupils and teachers and it's a shame to have to leave the 5 years I've had here. Of course I'll always remember it and it will always have a place in my heart. So to answer your question, I will miss it so damn much.

This is exactly my situation!

ReputationRep:
    I suspect most people who wouldn't miss school are probably still in school or only recently finished.

Years down the line, you'll definitely miss the ignorance, naivety and lack of responsibilities of the time. I didn't realise how amazing school was until I was years out of it, and I miss it so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    my school still have to go school till my last exam
    Yh so do I. We have to go to all lessons until the last exam. But I swear the people last year didnt have to go to lessons after they finished them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I love my school! Will really miss having my friends around so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)

I agree with everything! I go to an all girls school too and we're all very close. I'm so sad to be leaving

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Nah. I went to a different sixth form than most of the people I know (because of what I chose to do). So glad to be out of there. I feel that in school everyone is was *****y and so much judging went on. Although I miss few people. By few I mean 4 ish. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Lol wouldnt miss no one in school

ReputationRep:
    My school years have been horrible. I was bullied from for most of it and I really struggle with pressure and expectation that teachers put on me because I work hard.
    When I say I will miss school I mean I will miss watching Year 7s playing netball that I have helped to coach and will miss the few times spent with my friends that have been filled with happiness. I will also miss the support of my teachers and the wonderful ski trips that i have been on.

ReputationRep:

Stop being so melodramatic. The key is to keep the happiness continuing, don't let a day go by without talking to a dear friend, and keep being productive.

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm just about to enter my last week of school, I have four days left before study leave starts (even though we have to go back into school for all the lessons that we haven't had an exam in yet, which is most of them) but I can honestly say that the time I have spent at school has been the most excruciatingly painful and awkward in my life, but I have made memories there that I will honestly never forget along with the friends I've made there too.

Although I say how much I hate the place and how much I can't wait to leave, when it'll come to Thursday, I'll probably walk into school with tears in my eyes and then at lunch after the leavers assembly, I'll walk out of the gates with the rest of my year and I'll probably think where the f*ck did those 5 years of my life go, but honestly they have been the best years of my life and I will never forget them ever, the things that I've been through during these years have shaped me into the person I am today.

This next week is going to turn me into a emotional mess but all good things must come to a end.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.