Turn on thread page Beta

No matter how hard I work I will never achieve what I want watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    In Singapore English is spoken by anyone how can you not know that? They do business and everything in english they also speak Mandarin but english is is mainly spoken. I am considering to move because the tax is high and I don't think england is the country where you could come with empty pockets and leave with pockets filled its now hard to make it . Also holidays are necessary they give you time with your family.What i mean it does not matter how you sound not how you speak yes good vocabulary is very important and no slang but some people can't do anything that they sound foreign.
    My friend lived in Singapore and he says they speak many languages. He can speak a few fluently himself. How am I a fool for thinking that the primary language isn't English? England is also most definitely a country where you can make it. Why not? All it takes is luck and hard work.
    Holidays obviously aren't necessary. My family get along amazingly without annual holidays, thank you. We spend time together in the evnings.
    What's wrong with sounding foreign? I was implying chavvy accents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katniss1)
    I'm sorry if I got the wrong idea, in that case I hope you find something that you enjoy, are happy with and do well at.

Sorry again I really didn't mean for it to come out that way

To give you advice though: Sort out your priorities, your job will likely be something you work for for the next 50 or so years. You want to make sure that you are happy with doing this almost everyday. Your holidays, only like 2 weeks off each year, is that really worth it? To go for something with a high salary only to enjoy those two weeks and then be depressed and miserable every other day?
    I don't know I really like the atmosphere and excitement helping people its fun and stuff but the 2 weeks in concerning as spending time with my mum and grandparents in important I will not have my own family so that is no worry but I do like a family holoday. Maybe if its not miserable it will be worth it. I would like to be a gastroenterologist the most as the digestive system is truly spectacular and you mostly treat diseases that are not so severe for example ibs,hemmorhoids,ulcers thats good if I was a paramedic I would struggle as its truly sad and just tough job emotionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Because in today's rentier economy it's the only way to meaningfully get rich.
    you just made sense mate , do you know how obsessed i am into investing in that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    I am just really fustrated today because I want to be a doctor because I would love to study medicine but the hard work I will have I will never be able to buy a house in centre of London I WILL NEVER EVER BE ABLE TO GIVE MY MUM WHAT I WANT. I want to have a really high salary because it hurts me to see my mum look at things and she can't afford them she says money won't make you happy but it can because you will be able to go on holidays do lots and lots of charity work. I don't think I want to do what I enjoy anymore because in the long term I will have no joy if I am not doing really well financially and have a guaranteed retirement and stuff. I know money does not matter but I can't help it i have this strong desire for having a good lifestyle.

I just hurts me because I want to give my mum the best things in life and if I can't afford them then i will be devestated because I am tired of hardworking people never becoming wealthy and those who are wealthy its because their family gives them money to start a business and they have property I am just sad because I can't afford them if i becoem a doctor i want to give the best my mum says she will be happy if we are healthy and she is happy with my love but i don't think she is she just says it so I will not stress but I just can't live with the fact that no matter what i do i will never give her what i want I will have to be an entrepeneur to do so but you need lots of money to invest ina business or property. Anya dvice please be kind i don't know who i am anymore this problem is drivign me crazy
    stop whining mate, be content with whatever you have because whilst you're complaining, we have a lot of poeple out there who wants to be like you...If you really want it that bad ,HUSTLE FOR IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idris11)
    you just made sense mate , do you know how obsessed i am into investing in that?
    It's pathetic, money is supposed to be a reward for producing something useful that advances human society. Instead, the will and drive of the British people is channelled into banalities as simple as finding a house to live in. Imagine what we could do if we were free from these chains.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.